Weather

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fuck BNA and Fuck Southwest.
My daughter was supposed to fly home from Savannah to NY via BNA. Checked before I went to bed flight was on time. Wake up today flight is cancelled. Looks like SW just said fuck it and took a company wide sick day. They cancelled everything today.

I end up finding a reasonable flight from Savannah to DC/Reagan to put her on and I drove down from NY to Reagan, grab her and dive back. Roads were fine the entire trip. Delaware can suck cock because the entire state on I-95 is just a parking lot every day of the week.
Yay unplanned 10 hours in the car today. Good thing the fucker drives itself.
I did noticed when i got top bna sw desk was packed, even had ppl just camping out, i flew aa this time and count myself lucky. I'm doing Italy with friend and they flew delta and got rerouted to jfk from Philly, delay and delay flew into milan, no luggage, hotels rqstaurant closed and they take the train to see me in rome.

And still no idea how delta will get their luggage to rome, if not pick them up in Milan,afterwards. i count my blessings no delay and double aisle seat too! Praise be to mithaniel marr

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
45 in MS now at midnight when I looked. Radar shows sleet/mix in AL and GA, thought that shit was long gone.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I did noticed when i got top bna sw desk was packed, even had ppl just camping out, i flew aa this time and count myself lucky. I'm doing Italy with friend and they flew delta and got rerouted to jfk from Philly, delay and delay flew into milan, no luggage, hotels rqstaurant closed and they take the train to see me in rome.

And still no idea how delta will get their luggage to rome, if not pick them up in Milan,afterwards. i count my blessings no delay and double aisle seat too! Praise be to mithaniel marr
We are doing Florence this summer. Enjoy.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
1672157763202.png

Cybsled

you have to wonder who are the absolute retards that "turn down" the thermostat to help out

You apparently never lived in a house in a cold region where the person paying the utility bills didn't like how much last month cost and becomes ultra strict over how high the thermostat goes

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You apparently never lived in a house in a cold region where the person paying the utility bills didn't like how much last month cost and becomes ultra strict over how high the thermostat goes
My in-laws use the whole house HVAC a handful of times a year. Granted it doesn’t get that cold, but it can get a little toasty in the summer. The mini-split in the main living area gets a little more usage, but typically just to take the edge off. I’m sure they save a good chunk of change.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The house we bought last year has a boiler and zoned heating in every room. I am a fucking terror in the winter. If you aren't using that room, the heat should be off!

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That sucks. Ice is a pain. Its worse than snow in that situation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well that was odd. Big thunderstorm front moved through at daylight. 65F and it was hailing. Front from here on the gulf and a straight line of rain to Chicago turns to to Toronto, some front.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 inches of rain in one hour. Our Waste water facilities are running maximum pumps and cannot keep up. California is about to get hit with another atmospheric river that I imagine will cross the United States. Why would people still willingly live in that state.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
All our climate fags that have been jerking off to the draught for years are now jerking it to how horrible it is our lakes may fill to capacity which will lead to disastrous flooding in the central valley

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
2 inches of rain in one hour. Our Waste water facilities are running maximum pumps and cannot keep up. California is about to get hit with another atmospheric river that I imagine will cross the United States. Why would people still willingly live in that state.

Kansas City has that issue, and the EPA decided to fine them into the ground. Much of it related to "Combined Sewer Overflows",

KC has already started early work and projects but it's going to takes decades to complete.

"Since 2002, the City has experienced approximately 1,300 illegal overflows, including CSOs, SSOs, and private property backups, from its POTW, resulting in violations of the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit and Sections 301 and 402 of the CWA. These overflows have caused an annual discharge of approximately 6.5 billion gallons of untreated sewage into waters of the United States."

1673141097975.png

• 1Barf
  • 1Like