Weather

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have to admit I did make one concession to the cold that moved in last night. I grabbed my Ugg moccasins out of the closet this morning because the wood floors were chilly. The Uggs may be gay AF, but they are so nice and comfy and warm.

Oldbased

> Than U
It isn't because of lack of power. Its all part of the plan.
Partially true.
TVA has NEVER had rolling blackouts in 89 years till yesterday.
Why now?
They have tanked over 9900MW of power capacity from multiple coal plants the past few years and replaced it with 1 fractional new nuke plant that isn't even online yet all to meet climate goals so we don't burn up!
TVA said yesterday they could handle full TN/Partial KY grid at over -10F with ice/wind storm with 35% redundant reserve.
It's over 10 in KY and slightly warmer in TN.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Partially true.
Why now?
They have tanked over 9900MW of power capacity from multiple coal plants the past few years and replaced it with 1 fractional new nuke plant that isn't even online yet all to meet climate goals so we don't burn up!
TVA said yesterday they could handle full TN/Partial KY grid at over -10F with ice/wind storm with 35% redundant reserve.
The great challenge we have today is figuring out what is caused by conspiracy and what is caused by incompetence. Occasionally its both.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
The great challenge we have today is figuring out what is caused by conspiracy and what is caused by incompetence. Occasionally its both.
True. Some lib bitch told TVA they was sorry I was raising hell on Twitter.
So I went and got the facts, names of the plants and their producing capacity and showed how they took 9900MW offline while adding 15KW solar panels hahah.
Then pulled a story on it from Yahoo fucking even. Shut that bitch straight up.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Thought it was supposed to be cold or something? Its not even freezing outside.

Sometimes the west coast is so great. I mean aside from all the people who live here.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
+4 this morning. First time it's broken 0 in a week and Thursday it was -29 without windchill. Now it's supposed to be 37 tomorrow and 41 on Tuesday. I wish we could average this shit out a bit rather than having 70 degree swings in the course of a week.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
+4 this morning. First time it's broken 0 in a week and Thursday it was -29 without windchill. Now it's supposed to be 37 tomorrow and 41 on Tuesday. I wish we could average this shit out a bit rather than having 70 degree swings in the course of a week.
Climate Change Un GIF by MOODMAN

• 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have to admit I did make one concession to the cold that moved in last night. I grabbed my Ugg moccasins out of the closet this morning because the wood floors were chilly. The Uggs may be gay AF, but they are so nice and comfy and warm.
Careful bro, one day you're wearing uggs, next thing you know you're on safari with foler

• 2Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Careful bro, one day you're wearing uggs, next thing you know you're on safari with foler
Foler wears crocs. Uggs insidw for warmth are smart. I have my old man slippers olukais. Great price for comfort.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Buffalo getting hammered hard with snow, power outtages etc...I saw on twitter they were asking for people with a snowmobile to go save people stuck in cars since the fire department couldn't reach them and several had already died. Twitter is pretty lit up right now with mass lootings. The one video I saw you know it's very cold and miserable when a guy in shorts was looting and one guy was trying to run off with a giant gumball machine.

Had rolling blackouts about 35 years ago. Heat wave on the east coast got bad and they were shifting power on the grid so people could run a window unit. Pretty sure lots of people died on upper east coast cause nobody had ac or even a window unit.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hopefully we get our water back today. If not at least stores are open maybe so I can go get some bottled.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So yesterday got up to 37. I walk outside at work. It is amazing how warm 37 can feel after having been out in 8 degrees two days prior. I felt like I could have worn shorts and a tee shirt.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
So yesterday got up to 37. I walk outside at work. It is amazing how warm 37 can feel after having been out in 8 degrees two days prior. I felt like I could have worn shorts and a tee shirt.
Woke up today to 53 inside as I didn't turn on my low watt heater. Didn't even feel cold. It is amazing how even 1-2 days of extremes will adapt you for +-10 and over time up to 20 or more.

Humans survived many many thousands of years much hotter and much cooler.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Partially true.
Why now?
Bna was super packed xmas day, they had two days of csncelled flights, just mountains of ppl waiting on astandby