Weather

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
wtf is all this torrential rain and thunderstorms. we have summer storms, but not month long fucking WTF storms.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might break record high today. Previous was 117. Might hit 118 today :p

My only saving grace is no humidity to go along with it. Hot ass heat sure, but dry. So you just feel like you are being slowly baked in an oven.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Might break record high today. Previous was 117. Might hit 118 today :p

My only saving grace is no humidity to go along with it. Hot ass heat sure, but dry. So you just feel like you are being slowly baked in an oven.
I watch a YouTube channel called wonderhussy adventures. She's a former Vegas stripper model who lives in Death Valley now and finds quirky locations out in the desert. She had to leave for the summer because the heat got too much. 117 outside and it was 84 inside with AC on. Fuck that.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
When I was in Phoenix in college it was 117 one day and a girl that was in our senior project group decided to roller blade the 2 miles from her house to ours where we were working on the project. When she got there her face was literally purple. Never seen anything like it. I thought she might need medical help but a few hours in the AC got her back to normal and we gave her a ride home. You can't fuck around with that kind of heat.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
115 here right now.

Season 4 Summer GIF by The Good Place

• 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
118 is the hottest I got while living in Vegas. I was stationed at Nellis AFB, and we'd definitely be out in 110+ with kevlar, 120 rounds, etc or moving stuff around in a forklift. One day I drank a gallon of water after getting home and didn't have to piss at all the whole night.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It has been a really mild summer for me in Okieland. It is hot but not as bad as a normal year. Lots of unusually mild days or rainy days this year.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Was still 100 at 11:30pm tonight. This is hot.

116 during the day is absolutely sweltering, but 'run the A/C nonstop' heat persisting hours after the sun goes down is the worst

I guess we just missed some weird historical stat... 115 degree highs and not going below 90 for 3 days, happened once over 100 years ago and nearly happened this weekend.

We went from 'it's the longest stretch between 100 degree days' to nearly 10 degrees over normal.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
116 during the day is absolutely sweltering, but 'run the A/C nonstop' heat persisting hours after the sun goes down is the worst
That was a big disappointment for me when I was in Phoenix too. I'd always heard the desert is cool at night but it's not if you are living on 10,000 square miles of pavement and asphalt and there's 800,000 air conditioners pumping hot air into the outdoors. Driving home from work at midnight and it was still 95 degrees out is just brutal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Having to run AC 24/7 sucks but it blowing dust all over my place is the worst. Have to wipe down shit a lot.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That was a big disappointment for me when I was in Phoenix too. I'd always heard the desert is cool at night but it's not if you are living on 10,000 square miles of pavement and asphalt and there's 800,000 air conditioners pumping hot air into the outdoors. Driving home from work at midnight and it was still 95 degrees out is just brutal.

Phoenix has the added 'perk' of canals providing some localized humidity on top of the heat.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
70ish+ years ago most of the Phoenix area was citrus orchards and cotton farms. Even just 20-30 years ago huge sections of the valley was still cotton farms. The land the Cardinals stadium is on and that entire entertainment district was farmland until it was built in 2004.

People forget that and wonder why its hotter today than it was decades ago.
Phoenix has canals? As in canals with water in them? Really?
Not just that but the equivalent of a small forest worth of trees spread out throughout the valley.

Also just got done working out in my garage. Was like being in a sauna.

1632095688191-2105955.jpg

Oldbased

> Than U
It's been hovering mid to upper 80s here after a slow start to the year but 5 days ago they called for mid to upper 90s. Wed/Thur/Friday.
That's not terrible out of norms but now the forecast is rain 2.5 days with highs in the low 80s and 2 inches of rain.
Now weathermen have never been perfectionists but even they wouldn't get something so off 20 years ago even.
It happened last week too, forecast called for 97 and it never hit 80 due to sudden rain.
Shelly watches some nutty people on YouTube Monkeywerx or something who has been saying all year they are modifying the weather for crops n shit.
I say nutty people because there is no way they say what they say and YouTube hasn't canceled them unless they are sponsored somehow in their peddling.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
70ish+ years ago most of the Phoenix area was citrus orchards and cotton farms. Even just 20-30 years ago huge sections of the valley was still cotton farms. The land the Cardinals stadium is on and that entire entertainment district was farmland until it was built in 2004.

People forget that and wonder why its hotter today than it was decades ago.

Not just that but the equivalent of a small forest worth of trees spread out throughout the valley.

Also just got done working out in my garage. Was like being in a sauna.

View attachment 482954
I had no idea the land was anything but desert scrub. So we did to Arizona what we did to Haiti?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
There's all kinds of farming out in the desert where they can get water to it. Citrus, vegetables, cotton, etc. Somewhat questionable whether it's really a good idea to be growing shit out there but people do it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's all kinds of farming out in the desert where they can get water to it. Citrus, vegetables, cotton, etc. Somewhat questionable whether it's really a good idea to be growing shit out there but people do it.
Suddenly I am reminded of this comedy routine..

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users