Weather

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They have no idea what it's going to do around DC, the temperature predictions keep dropping for the afternoon but most of the precip is in the morning. So I keep hearing anything between dusting to 1-3"

Malakriss

Near DC and it has turned completely to snow already. Layer of slush built up briefly before the switch but now it's trying to force build-up on the roads with large heavy flakes. Changeover occurred way sooner than they predicted.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Near DC and it has turned completely to snow already. Layer of slush built up briefly before the switch but now it's trying to force build-up on the roads with large heavy flakes. Changeover occurred way sooner than they predicted.
On the MD side of DC we're just getting the typical slush/mush to trudge through; all the hassle of snow, none of the fun!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like how people have been bitching about the drought here in California for so long, and now we're getting rain and they're bitching about that. Fucking California...

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
el nino conditions have- finally- formed...thus ,,,the rain begins in the southwest- for how long...well that depends on..the wind.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, I'd legit bitch about a heavy rain after a drought. Them mudslides and flash floods, yo.

Fuck "winter storm damon"(when did we start naming blizzards?) and fuck snow shoveling. Just about ready to buy a snow blower.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I love how they are calling the storm the Pineapple express.
Uh, that's because that's what it is?

Pineapple Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pineapple Express is a non-technical term for a meteorological phenomenon characterized by a strong and persistent flow of atmospheric moisture and associated with heavy precipitation from the waters adjacent to the Hawaiian Islands and extending to any location along the Pacific coast of North America. A Pineapple Express is an example of an atmospheric river, which is a more general term for such narrow corridors of enhanced water vapor transport at mid-latitudes around the world.
And yeah, I know, Deathwing. It's flooding like a motherfucker in a lot of places (it did really badly here in the rain last week). I imagine I'll have difficulty driving home from work again. I just found it funny with the complaining about both sides of it.

Araxen

To be fair, I'd legit bitch about a heavy rain after a drought. Them mudslides and flash floods, yo.

Fuck "winter storm damon"(when did we start naming blizzards?) and fuck snow shoveling. Just about ready to buy a snow blower.
The Weather Channel names them for ratings. NOAA or NWS doesn't name winter storms and they don't support what TWC is doing. It's purely something The Weather Channel created. It's so fucking stupid.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm in Orange County on business and I'm worried I'm going to be stuck here. Power is out in almost all of SF and the storm is on the way down here.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I'm in Orange County on business and I'm worried I'm going to be stuck here. Power is out in almost all of SF and the storm is on the way down here.
Im in Merced, bout 2 hours south of SF and its raining here, but winds have died down. So far, its not gotten bad here, good steady rainfall though. Much needed thats for damned sure.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Nice storm to close out the year, surprised it didnt snow a little in Phoenix considering the cities on the edge of the valley received a few inches of snow. Hell even Lake Havesu which is one of the hottest cities in Arizona had some snow. We cold enough though to turn the rain that fell on my truck into ice.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Another snow free winter here! It's fuckin awesome.
smile.png

Agraza

Registered Hutt
And here I thought SoCal shared our blessing of snowless existence. Sucks to be them. I hate snow. Give me endless sand and slaves thank you.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Spring is here!

Went to my parents today in SW MS and they have Azelas blooming. Back in october they had a pretty good cold spell down to the low 20's which is pretty cold that close to the gulf. Then it warmed up. Noticed today they were already bloomed out and more budding. Odd.