Weather

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anything under 40 is miserable, but if it's not windy, even 32 isn't too bad... 25 high and windy? I start thinking how I shoulda accepted that job in puerto rico.

Here it's going to be 12 tomorrow. For the high... Low possibly dip below 0 FUUUUCK.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
es8kO1d.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Haha, lake effect snow is crazy. We get that here, too. It'll be snowing like white out conditions at home, and at work, nothing. That's just a 5 mile difference.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
minus 10 low predicted for tuesday (that's -23c for you eurofags), I don't even want to know what the wind chill will be.

Fuck this polar vortex bullshit. Always shitting on the midwest/east... go fuck over california and give us some tropical breezes for once. While driving around for 35 minutes today my car never even got up "to normal operating temperature" ... so I went home, parked in the unheated garage... let the car just sit, in a covered location for about 10 minutes... the oil temp actually went down, while the car was running.

Can't wait till this shit hits atlanta again (although they're currently predicting it more north like bos through dc... fucking repeat of last year. Sounds like it's going to fuck over texas today. I know a lot of people use summer tires year round in texas, even though even all-season are going to be trash driving in weather like this.

Planes for a while couldn't take off or land at buffalo from the snow yesterday, visibility was less than 100 ft. for a while.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You guys are pussies. I've been clearing brush, pulling up vines and raking leaves all day, almost every single day, since the 19th of December. It was fucking 7 degrees out today.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, fuck you. I'm almost tempted to post a picture because I have this sweet fucking bruise that goes from behind my right shoulder, underneath it and then all the way down along my ribcage on the right side. And by sweet I mean really fucking gross and scary looking.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The other day it was like -2 F with a windchill of like -30 or whatever. My wife works USPS and I work in a plush office. She texted me that it was so bitterly cold out that it was unbearable. I walked by a closed window and got a chill so I told her that.

rrr_img_87715.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Quakes in California aren't a big deal. Everything is built to deal with it. Now obviously a massive one will suck, but it's way overblown by people who don't live in CA. A New Madrid quake is much more dangerous because nothing is built to sustain even a moderate one. Really, in CA, the bigger threat is fires and flooding.

I'm in DC for a few days for work. Despite the fact that I grew up in the area, I have no idea how people put up with this cold bullshit. It's not even that cold (20s and 30s) but man is it awful. Our cold snap around Christmas with highs in the upper 50s didn't prepare me for this.

Caliane

The next big one might not be in California. There is a huge fault up there that had been quiet until recently. Even a modest quake would screw the north east as nothing up there is built for it.
new england used to be Volcanic too.

Another this morning.
I think the news said total is now 9 quakes in 5 days. only like 4 were noticeable. todays was a 2.1 iirc.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You would be surprised how fast you get used to cold weather. I have lived up north and down south a lot and 100+ temps are much harder for me to deal with than subzero.

Can you even feel a 3.3 earthquake? In CA they don't even make the news unless they are like a 5 or so.