Weather

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DC appears to be in the null zone of coating of sleet -> rain -> nothing currently -> barely anything later. I think I'll get the mail in shorts.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
He does know. The USPS doesn't give a shit about anyone though. A couple years ago we got nearly 3 feet of snow and I had to shovel out the wife's car for THREE hours because they made her come in (and she went).
Uh, cry me a river? That's the job of the postal service: to deliver mail no matter what. If she's pregnant, yeah, she shouldn't be out trudging through several feet of snow so she should get a pass this year. However, a normal, healthy individual who is working as a mail carrier should expect to do that, just as a waiter/waitress should expect to work on super busy days like Mother's Day or Father's Day, and retail workers should expect to work on Black Friday, etc.

I've got 3 mail carriers in my family, all of whom have been doing it for 30+ years and are in their 50s or older now. They still trudge out through the snow to do their rounds without complaint.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
heh wonder how many people here DOn't know that reference
smile.png

my town cancelled school for the kids tomorrow and wed.
my wife's boss ( she is a veterinarian) told her to stay home tomorrow and wednesday- her boss lives at the office (2 buildings 1 the office, one his house)
i'm staying home tomorrow and might go in wed after i get my driveway shoved out - i have a drive under garage- i NEED to have the drive clear or i am going nowhere....(i live on a hill, my garage is 7'ish lower than the street)

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Crisis averted! UPS had dropped it off at the Post Office which is only a mile and a half away. Pick up took 10 minutes. BOOYAAH!

Well maybe not a crisis but I'm still excited haha. Not that anyone cares. :p

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd love to get that much snow overnight if I didn't have jack shit to do the next couple days. Shit, Buffalo got wrecked earlier this year, now the east coast is getting beat on. Here I am, in Michigan, having one of the warmest, non-snowy winters I've ever remembered. Man, I have about 1inch of snow outside...at the end of fucking january.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd love to get that much snow overnight if I didn't have jack shit to do the next couple days. Shit, Buffalo got wrecked earlier this year, now the east coast is getting beat on. Here I am, in Michigan, having one of the warmest, non-snowy winters I've ever remembered. Man, I have about 1inch of snow outside...at the end of fucking january.
It was 76 here yesterday. Walked the dog in t-shirt and shorts. In January.

Araxen

Erin Burnett looks like she's going to freeze to death on CNN. lol

She still looks damn cute though.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
72 and sunny today in North West Oklahoma. I am expecting 7 plagues soon to make up for this week of gorgeous weather.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's been in the 40s and 50s here. The creek is running by my house tonight. I would actually prefer that it stay below freezing this time of year because we lose all the moisture from the snow and the roads are all a fucking skating rink anywhere that there is shade but it has been nice to go outside without a coat on the last few days.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
It was fairly cold here today, about 14 degrees f. We have about 4 inches of snow on the ground that fell a month ago. I laid on the snow nude to sunbathe.

Araxen

So NYC goes from 3 feet snow prediction to 8 inches now. That's what CNN just said at least. Weather models have been a huge failure for this storm.

Hoping NYC is back in business after tomorrow, have a flight into JFK on Wednesday morning. Crazy looking storm though, 3 days ago this was a shitty little clipper system that wasn't supposed to do much.

Malakriss

They got the clipper wrong and they got the west edge of the offshore storm wrong. Sitting on <0.25" with the faintest trace of snow that's not really sticking tonight. As late as Mon mid-day they were predicting up to 2-4" in the "second wave" that never was.