Weather

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'll take this Phoenix heat any day over that 80 to 90 degree with high humidity shit Chicago gets.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll take this Phoenix heat any day over that 80 to 90 degree with high humidity shit Chicago gets.
Lived in PHX my whole life, and I still can't used to this 110+ heat, wtf. Caught us all by surprise as well, because May was so mild.
frown.png

Silver lining at least the 115 forecasted heats havegone away. Sticking to 109-111 through the weekend and into next week.

moontayle

Golden Squire
This. Buffalo summers are generally fan-fucking-tastic but some days when ut's 90+ and 99% humidity and you feel like your skin is going to melt off.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lived in PHX my whole life, and I still can't used to this 110+ heat, wtf. Caught us all by surprise as well, because May was so mild.
frown.png

Silver lining at least the 115 forecasted heats havegone away. Sticking to 109-111 through the weekend and into next week.
I've just lived here for two years and I fucking love the weather. No, 115 isn't comfortable, but if I stay out of the sun I feel just fine. Fucking humidity makes me feel scummy.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Southern Arizona is the best. Yeah it can hit 120 in the summer but no;

flooding
blizzards
ice
hurricanes
tornadoes
earthquakes
tsunamis
fires

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Really, 115 is not that bad. People who complain must have poor temperature regulation or something. The real danger I find is it's hot enough to sweat with pretty much any activity (even walking) and since it evaporates instantly it doesn't set off what I guess are learned triggers? In more humid climates it's just 'lots of wet clothes from sweat = you need water'. Here you can feel pretty good about things then slow down or get lightheaded without as much warning.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

flooding
blizzards
ice
hurricanes
tornadoes
earthquakes
tsunamis
fires
Hmm I would think arizona flash floods just as much as the rest of the desert during a nasty thunderstorm.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hmm I would think arizona flash floods just as much as the rest of the desert during a nasty thunderstorm.
Our office in Phoenix had to totally be redone because it flooded a year or two ago. It's right in town. Not far from the MetroCenter mall.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Our office in Phoenix had to totally be redone because it flooded a year or two ago. It's right in town. Not far from the MetroCenter mall.
Ya we can definitely still flood. It was just last year that we had more rain fall in a single day than ever recorded or something? All those meme's about noahs ark were popular for a week or so because our highways literally turned into rivers. Lol
XEDak.jpg

attachment.php

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

flooding
blizzards
ice
hurricanes
tornadoes
earthquakes
tsunamis
fires
Not sure about Arizona, but we also don't really have bugs. No mosquitoes or ticks is a pretty good tradeoff for 3 months of 100+ degree days.

And yeah, I figured the year would be mild after how nice spring was. Then all the sudden this week it's like 105+ every day (and over 110 yesterday). Oh well.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
It is stupid humid and hot right now, dew point avg has been 74?F. The perspiration does not evaporate at all, sweated more this last week than all year. Damn, Obama and his heat ray machine. KRA!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Southern Rhode Island summers are either cool, a) breezy and basically bug free, or b) functionally indistinguishable from Louisiana swamp country. Always one of those two.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Not sure about Arizona, but we also don't really have bugs. No mosquitoes or ticks is a pretty good tradeoff for 3 months of 100+ degree days.
Now you're talking my language. I love Missouri's weather. Being in the middle, we get everything. All the extremes. That said, I fucking hate how many parasitic blood sucking fucking bugs we have. If I had three wishes, one of them would be to make mosquitoes extinct.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, prior to here I lived in Southern Illinois. Hot, humid summers. Ice storms in winter. Tornado season. Some of the worst pollen/allergies in the nation. I guess fall is pretty decent. We also lived in the country so every night before bed we'd have to check the dog for ticks.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I remember 10 years ago talking on the phone while traveling up I55 that was all 4 lanes in one direction and talking to my friend who was working at charity hospital in NO in the ER (which was in the basement) and telling him if the levee broke. The hospital just reopened in a new location/building two weeks ago. What a cluster fuck. I was offered the PM job for it and the VA next door. The building itself is 22 acres and they are complaining it's $60 million over budget. Sounds reasonable to me.

I just got a text from him, the president stopped by. Lol. Sucks to be him.

Glad I had sense enough to get the hell out of town and go to East, TX. I knew I wouldn't have electricity to work for weeks and I was right. I had a generator in the shop and I talked to some neighbors who needed it and they wound up using it for the wedding of their daughter. Odd stuff.