Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Good news Sorce, WAFB said the Amite now has officially crested as of 3am and has dropped a few inches.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Just hope it doesn't turn out like Katrina afterwards. When people redid their homes the only drywall they could get wound up being chinese drywall. Totally ate the copper plumbing, heathing, AC and other stuff in the homes shortly after. Giant class action suit was eventually settled. People had health problems and such.

Chinese drywall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• 1Solidarity

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Heard some visiting Aussie sounding womyns trying to out humble brag each other on how this weather in NYC is great because sometimes you don't get such heat in various tropical destinations when you're on vacation.

"No sweetie, it's usually like this in Cabo."

Personally, I don't mind the hot weather except on days I have to wear a suit and not beachwear.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

That's a bridge, normally it's 40' or more above the water in a river that is 50' wide.

57b0ffb079b0a.image.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Heard some visiting Aussie sounding womyns trying to out humble brag each other on how this weather in NYC is great because sometimes you don't get such heat in various tropical destinations when you're on vacation.

"No sweetie, it's usually like this in Cabo."

Personally, I don't mind the hot weather except on days I have to wear a suit and not beachwear.

It's not great. It's miserable.

I do like seeing the women wear a small amount of clothing though. Babes are always bundled up in jackets and scarves back in SF.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah thats a shit show down there. Stay safe bros.

Also does everyone have flood insurance down there? I would hope so but if you say whats true about being out of the 100yr flood zone, it does not look god for buying flood insurance.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

A lot of people have it, but like you said lots of people are out of the 100 year flood zones by a good bit. Rivers credting higher than ever. I think they said 11 different rivers hit all time highs at the same time. The one river not up is the MS river but water in Baton Rouge doesn't drain into the MS river even tho it's right there on one side.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Water literally fell in Baton Rouge or those parishes adjacent to it. Baton Rouge got over a half years worth of rain in two days. 30+ inches of rain. The parish adjacent to Baton Rouge on the east side that Sorce lives in said tonight that 75% of the parish was a write off.

la-rain-1000-year.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

But yeah, people on the internet will be dipshits. I've been getting flood updates/locations on the LSU sports forum where guys are posting what is flooded and what isn't, where the water is rising and not. Pretty inofrmative place. There's a state policeman that is a pretty big poster there. He posted I-12 westbound is now open and some dipshit posted about how we don't need joe blow causing panic in people trying to get out and he didn't have a confirmed story and went on and on. The state policeman took a selfie of him standing in knee deep water by his car letting cars go thru one at a time and said "Post your adress and I'll be sure to stop by after work". Iceburn.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if its that bad why would some cockface tell people its no big deal when anyone with a brain who lives there can see with their own eyes that shit got real? why isnt this bigger news? because its happening in a small parish? where the fuck is our wonderful president? im sure a bunch of his sons are over there treading water right now.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Well East Baton Rouge Parish, the parish Baton Rouge is located in and the 2 adjoining parishes are where all the "working" people moved to after the school board deal and Katrina. Crest is starting to move south a bit. It's currently in Ascension parish, the parish below Baton Rouge. But yeah 1/2 to 3/4 of a years rainfall in 2 days kind of has an impact, especially in an area that gets a lot of rain in a year. Like I said I'm staying right over the state line in MS from Baton Rouge, we only got 2" of rain which is incredbly odd in this part of the world when someplace 40-50 miles away gets big you rain you get big rain. Baton Rouge really has one little strip along the MS river that didn't flood and that's about it. When my parents built their old house they had it surveyed out to match some specific landmark. Dad always said "As long as the entire parish doesn't flood away we're in good shape" and stuff like "We'll be the last to flood". He was right, that house flooded and the rest of the parish went under.

But yeah one of the rivers that comes out of MS and flows thru Baton Rouge used to flow into the MS river at Baton Rouge. The Corps of Engineers changed that a long time ago to make it flow into the river on the east side of Baton Rouge. Now they've gone back and changed their mind and are fixing to start on a diversion canal to make it drain into the MS river where it used to years and years ago.

What that river looks like normally and what it looked like last week.

comite_hwy_67_s_viewa.jpg

What it looks like today.

maxresdefault.jpg

They are saying it will be months before the full interstate is open due to undercutting the road and bridges of the water.

If the flood doesn't get you the fire ants will next.

800px-Fire_Ants_on_water.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Sometimes I wonder. On the radio this morning they were asking for donated food, well because nobody has a house a crapload of people are living at someone elses house or wherever and there's no stores. One of the request was for gluten free food and they asked a guy who was cooking a 30 gallon pot of red beans and rice and had been getting people out with his boat if he could cook gluten free food. Guy said "Lady, I'm the life boat, not the love boat". They estimate now 20,000 to 30,000 people have had to get a ride in a boat in an evacuation. Good thing a ton of people own boats.

It's fixing to get a little more ugly as there's no place to shop now. Lot of people loading up trailers and heading in with food and such to disperse. The stores here in MS are nearly sold out from people loading up to haul it to BR that has no grocery network now.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Haha life or death situation and people are still like "wait there's gluten in that? No thanks".

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am going to assume it's for people that have legitimate gluten allergies but it's probably just dipshits.

• 1Solidarity

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
this is why the government always fails in disaster times, skip to 30 sec in for him to start talking.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

The cajun navy is out. My sister got a ride with the cajun navy yesterday. I thought they had gotten water, but they left at 2pm and they had about 6" vertically and it was onto the boards/floor joist. They just got back from going today and the water really dropped. They couldn't have got there in a boat unless it had a surface drive motor (go-devil) and instead went in kayaks. They are the only house on her street not flood, but they just built it and raised it a little.

The perentage of people with flood insurance is going to be bad. Most of them lived outside the 100 year flooplain and weren't required and they went thru flood after flood without it getting close. My sister had flood insurance. Officially now they are saying they got 31" of rain in 1-1/2 days. Hard to imagine that much rain anywhere without getting serious flooding. Stuff that had drained yesterday is starting to see some backflow now and a good portion of the rivers,creeks, canals are flowing backwards now.

The amount of shit that is going to show up is going to be incredible, everything not nailed down just washes up somewhere. A pig went by my niece in the backyard, he was just laying on a board riding out the water.

Feel pretty helpless. Normally I help with this kind of stuff, have multiple boats (one with suface drive motor), a kayak, and access to a 2-1/2 ton truck.

13925080_10209527982132049_7343663405417895095_n.jpg

Meet The Heroes Of The ‘Cajun Navy’ Who Are Saving Many Lives As Louisiana Floods

Cp65dXkVIAEF0bt-680x365.jpg

14040191_10209530954086346_8746534829214960615_n.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
All that rain from Louisiana has moved into East Texas. It's been raining for 4 days and isn't projected to stop for another week. At my place we've gotten slightly over 5 inches so far. I expect Houston area will be extremely sloppy by the end of the week.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Yeah, been getting a decent amount of rain in my remote rain gauge in Nacogdoches county.

• 1Solidarity

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Haha life or death situation and people are still like "wait there's gluten in that? No thanks".
In Haiti after the quake people attacked and destroyed food trucks because they wanted fresh food instead of rations.

• 1Like