Weather

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
1 day total for one. Just the worst day of the storm. Doesn't include the next day where they got another 10 inches in the same spot. It literally just rained in Baton Rouge. Below Lafeyette not a lot there.

View attachment 2022
100yr,%2024hr%20Precipitation.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm from Louisiana too. We hate it when people abbreviate our state LA, because 99/100 times they're talking about the city.

Flooded 25 miles to the East, real bad to the North, and South of me. My city saw almost no flooding. It rained for five days straight, three real bad, and I lost power four times.

<<Lake Charles.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I hate it when people abbreviate Los Angeles LA considering the US Postal Code for Louisiana is LA, not L.A.

Guess we even out.

• 1Solidarity

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
I haven't heard, but I thought he lived in New Orleans which I assume got some localized flooding but nothing like north of them. Of course the flood crest is moving south but most of the water in the flood flowed into lake maurepas and then into lake pontchartrain and out into the gulf.

New Orleans and the surrounding areas didn't get much of anything, but they have had their fair share in the past so i'm glad it did not hit them hard too.

• 1Solidarity

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
Anyone needing a job and can do manual labor I am seeing LOTS of ads for sheetrock demo work. Paying $3-$6 per square foot. A small bedroom has about 400 square feet so it adds up quick.

Hell, I work from home and may look into it. Though I would have a hard time charging people in such need as it would feel like taking advantage. I guess if I were really in need of work it would be different. There are some real snakes in the grass that come out during these times so I hope people are being mindful.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Apparently $3 sq/ft. is the going rate non flood. I was kind of suprised at that number as well. Several people chimed in that their software for bidding jobs in construction always put $3 sq/ft. for demoing drywall. Seemed him to me, but that's exactly what my niece is doing right now.

I expact busloads of Mexicans coming in pretty soon. I went toHammond today and one of my favofite po-boy spots was flooded out and closed in Ponchatoula. The struggle was realy today.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Friend took these in North East Louisiana last night.

iKOcZXo.jpg

Hm1hOOB.jpg

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Obama going to Baton Rouge Tuesday. He was asked about coming yesterday and brushed off saying he was on vacation. Trump comes and now magically he has to come.

• 2Solidarity

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Who really cares if Obama visits Louisiana or not? His physical presence here is irrelevant and is only a fucking political trap. I'd much rather be visited by government agencies that are trained, equipped, and prepared to manage this sort of thing while the President is in Washington, doing his fucking job by managing the country.

Is Obama's presence going to magically cause the rain to stop? Why the fuck do you care if he comes or not, are you going to go to his rally and go listen to him speak? Probably not. The only reason you're bringing up Obama and his presence in Louisiana is so you can bitch. I fucking live here and I don't blame him for not wanting to come; this place is a fucking cesspool.

God, I hate politics. If you ever wanted to see grown adults acting like spoiled little children. "Obama is such a terrible president, he only attended 87% of forest fires last year!"

Why not go a step further. Bill Gates is a piece of shit. Even though he donates a ton of money to charity, he didn't stop what he was doing and go to the heart of Baton Rouge, so he must be a charlatain, the Antichrist, a total piece of shit worth yof God's evelasting damnation!

Too bad we can't hold God hostage with all of our guns granted to us by the 2nd amendment and make him turn off the water faucet. We should be able to because we have millions of these damn weapons.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

I damn sure don't want any politican to come. Just pointing out how he magically has to go to Baton Rouge after Trump comes.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Civil rights during the 60s using that logic.
black people: why is MLK and all these honkies coming down here to march in the streets for our rights? we dont need any politics here. go back home.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Article in the BR paper this morning that in the last two days a large group of volenteers gutted 370 houses, for the lderly and people who couldn't do it themselves with friends and family.

One group was going door to door in one area and had 1700 people and was just a flowing blob of people neighborhood to neighborhood.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

FEMA has decided against the trailer setup. They're going to offer vouchers to people to pay for places they rent. I don't know where you are going to use a voucher, there ain't no fucking place to rent. People are just shacked up with whoever will let them in, give them a voucher JFC.

• 1Solidarity

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Not really following any of the LA shit closely, but is FEMA shying away from trailers perhaps in some small part because they don't want to feed the usual Alex Jones FEMA CAMPS conspiracy bullshit?

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Considering they are stored in Hammond, LA 45 minutes away. No idea. No place to rent, I know that.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Considering they are stored in Hammond, LA 45 minutes away. No idea. No place to rent, I know that.

This right here is why this is so stupid. Going to displace a ton of people just like Katrina. Coworkers in Houston still bitching about this.

• 1Solidarity