Weather

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
In Ohio you can get a ticket for driving during emergency road conditions unless you are police/fire/emt/other safety related jobs. I think it's about 200 bucks. I've been pulled over once, but was let go when I showed my I.D. badge. It's actually not that bad driving in unplowed snow with snow tires and awd, better than when it's icy/semi-plowed slush imo. Usually my bigger concern is when the roads are unplowed and with blowing snow you can't actually see where the road is.
It depends what county you're in. Mine doesn't have emergency levels so you can drive whenever you please.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I hate snow...took me an hour to shovel out my car with the frickin midget shovel I have in the trunk ;/

I don't live in the PROJECTS woman!

And SHUT UP! Floridian!

Here...This may "Ghetto it up for you".
Hey Brood's the floridian not me :p I'm a chicago girl remember? This snow shit's normal to me! We're in DC now. May as well be friggin florida though. Last time I saw a good snow was like 3 years ago at this point.

W/e duder I still think that that park looks AWFULLY damn nice.

Also - I think inquiring minds want to know - do you still have natural gas working at this point with all this snow? If joey the gas man comes back I'm pretty sure its a moral imperative that such a visit needs to be conducted over vent.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
North Jersey was alright, nothing particularly scary...especially after the blizzards and hurricanes we've had the last few years. First picture is last night, second one is this morning. The sun is already working its magic.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
XRvaaRS.jpg
Road right off my driveway is not even remotely plowed, so I couldn't get far if I tried.

XRvaaRS.jpg

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ended up with 9 inches here. Not bad at all. Looks like we are stuck in a pattern though, more storms on the way.

rrr_img_12641.jpg

rrr_img_12641.jpg

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
25.5" here took me three hours to snow blow my driveway and walk, had to fill the tank twice, plow broke my mailbox, snowbank at my street was about4 ish feet high and7 feet thick, plows missed the curb line by almost four feet took, so it took an hour just to clear the Bank at the end of the drive, with the snow blower, I would createa cliff of snow, about two feetd deep, bust it by hand, clear, create another cliff, repeat.

Vinen

God is dead
Driving ban will be lifted at 4PM today in MA for the heavily effected areas...
Got ~25 inches in the Waltham area.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
took me a bit longer than 5 minutes to get my car cleaned. stupid underlying ice had to be scraped. car is parked on the road and the road is clear now. whats this next storm?

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Got roughly 30" in southern Connecticut in Clinton. It's really bad, major route road is single lane of compressed snow from driving, not scraped. DOT plow trucks have been by twice struggling since day break. Absolute travel ban in effect.

Most places got powder but a chunk of central southern CT got a period of sleet. When we were shoveling there was a nice 2" layer of ice sandwiched by feet of snow. It's really heavy, bad for plows. My dad got 32" of pure powder up in North Eastern CT.

On the plus side, we have power, have internet, have booze and the roomies and I got DOTA2 last night.

Pics:
First one is my Sentra totally covered.
Second is a RAM3500
Third is a kegerator covered half way up.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
took me a bit longer than 5 minutes to get my car cleaned. stupid underlying ice had to be scraped. car is parked on the road and the road is clear now. whats this next storm?
Wednesday looks like a potential ice storm for us. Just what we need. And after that they are watching a storm closely for next weekend.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh really? weather channel by me (NE jersey) has the temps in 40s most of the week with just rain in the forecast.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Still alive. Storm seems overbut a lot of snow still. House is 48 degrees. So it sucks but not intolerable yet. No way to heat the house without power right now exept squatting over a candle. There may be a friend or two to go to and a shelter opening soon but the roads dont seem clear enough.

News just said tonight will be colder.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Certain models predict storms 7-14 days out, others don't even register it until 2-5 days. Weather.gov is usually the first to put up indicators, and they choose the story starting ~5 days out based on the following multiple choice list:

"Something might be happening here!"
[ ] 30%
[ ] 40%
[ ] 50%

"How to cover our asses if it's too warm?"
[ ] chance of snowshowers
[ ] chance of rain/snow
[ ] chance of rain/freezing rain

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Weather channel and similar venues might be talking about a new storm while they have you on the hook from this one. It may be nothing, but you'll feel compelled to keep checking in with them until the coast is clear.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Sorry to those without power, or those that got buried in snow. Overall, it wasn't too bad in NYC. We got around 11 inches.