Weather

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Supposed to be snowpocalypse tonight but all I can say is come at me bro. We'll probably get a few inches of paltry snow.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This will be the first big winter snowstorm this state as a whole has had since jan 2011. Its not even a bad bad storm, but people here are stoll shaken up over the assfucking we got from Sandy. You say major storm around here people gonna lose their shit.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I am expecting 24" it should make the top ten maybe top five in Boston. I have the snow blower set. Wife already gota call from work not to come in on Saturday, kids got the day off tomorrow.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most stations I'm looking at say ~11inches for me over the night. Psh, yeah right, I'm guessing we get maybe 3 or 4, just enough for people to drive 30 under the speed limit even though all the main roads are coated with a layer of fucking salt.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
if the wind is strong enough & enough snow falls that is driftable. my driveway by my garage will be BARE GROUND...for about 10 feet. then there will be a Wall of snow depending on the amount of snow we get, the drift could be 5-6' high, or higher.

blizzard of 78 the snow drift in my back yard(parents house not where i live now) was over 8' in height- they got pictures of the shed all you can see is the top foot of the roof peak

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There was a half inch of ice on my entire car this morning. My entire apartment parking lot was out scraping the shit off their windows and everyone was driving with minimal visibility. Looks like this weekend will be pretty light overall for MI though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah we got fucking 3 in here in Livonia and they called of schools and shit, wtf is wrong people? 3" and call of schools? I remember slogging throug 6-8" when I was younger.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here they have been saying light snow this morning resulting in less than an inch of snow, changing to rain for the afternoon. We have 3 inches already, and still snowing.

Also, we are at stormcon 8!!!!!1 We gunna die.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah it was 78 here today. Post some pics guys if you get some snow. Been 17 years since I've played in the white stuff.

Cybsled

I'll post some pictures when there is snow accumulation worth posting. It's still pansy snowfall at the moment, but my workplace let everyone out early so I can't complain ;P

Also, Mass is banning all cars from the roads after 4pm, with some exceptions (media, healthcare, utility, emergency, etc).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'll post some pictures when there is snow accumulation worth posting. It's still pansy snowfall at the moment, but my workplace let everyone out early so I can't complain ;P

Also, Mass is banning all cars from the roads after 4pm, with some exceptions (media, healthcare, utility, emergency, etc).
never heard of that happening.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
never heard of that happening.
I know here during winter storms anyway, if they declare a state of emergency, technically only emergency vehicles are allowed on the roads. Most do stay off, and ones that don't, nothing ever happens.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah in jersey they warn people about bad weather, but they dont ban you. basically they say, you were warned. if you go out and get yourself killed its on you. dont expect us to rescue your dumb ass

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
In Ohio you can get a ticket for driving during emergency road conditions unless you are police/fire/emt/other safety related jobs. I think it's about 200 bucks. I've been pulled over once, but was let go when I showed my I.D. badge. It's actually not that bad driving in unplowed snow with snow tires and awd, better than when it's icy/semi-plowed slush imo. Usually my bigger concern is when the roads are unplowed and with blowing snow you can't actually see where the road is.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even in Chicago the only road they ever close is Lake Shore Drive and that's only because 300 people got stranded on it a couple years ago during our huge snow storm

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Behold the horror of Nemo. Upgraded to stormcon 9!

rrr_img_12547.jpg

rrr_img_12547.jpg