Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
78F at 5pm on Christmas day. Warmer than normal. Few days ago I saw the headline hottest Christmas on record for Dallas. No I'm not saying Global warming BS but the temp changes in cycles and it's a hot one.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
78F at 5pm on Christmas day. Warmer than normal. Few days ago I saw the headline hottest Christmas on record for Dallas. No I'm not saying Global warming BS but the temp changes in cycles and it's a hot one.
the global warming people are commies who want to change your life to confirm to their will. just like they are using this supposed pandemic to do the same. my theory is that sometimes its hot and sometimes its cold. sometimes its good weather and sometimes its bad. every part of the world has this same weather. nothing us humans do will ever change that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The "hottest Christmas on record" is just the goldfish idiots trying for clickbait. Climate Change is as big a hoax as Deadly Covid.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My favorite is always the Death Valley heat records. Every couple years they say it might get broken "this summer" and mention global warming...and then that the original record is from 1913.

Somehow global warming can't wipe out a record from a hundred years ago, and also ignores that we basically have no data from prior to that. Was Death Valley hotter in 1262? Maybe? Doesn't really make for good scare mongering though.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

People have a memory span of a few days, till the next news cycle apparently. I can remember a number of years in a row where our Christmas was very cold. At age 10 we had snow a few Christmas in a row. Then 30 years ago go down to single digits in Baton Rouge on Christmas Eve and Exxon went boom. Then last year the big freeze/shutdown around Dallas. But today is the worst ever lol. Was just saying 78 at dark is out of the normal as of late, even for a warm part of the world. Many days on Christmas I could have worn shorts.

I don't mind when the headline says "coldest on record" as most records in our part of the world only go back 150 years or so. It's the ones that say "coldest EVER". Guessing they didn't keep records of temps going back a few hundred years lol. Not to mention the 4 previous ice ages. Just saying.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just stopped to charge my car near Jax on my way to Ft. Lauderdale. It was 30's when I left NY yesterday. 75 and not a cloud in the sky here. So good to be back.

• 1Like

Borzak

90 degree temp difference in Texas now, north to south.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
90 degree temp difference in Texas now, north to south.
Pretty gnarly cold streak up here, but for once there's no ice on the ground. It's a New Year's miracle. Usually when it's this cold I need to leave an hour early to avoid the warzone on the way to work.

Goatface

71 yesterday, 60's today, 20's tonight, 1-3" of snow, monday low 30's/low teens

had crazy wind all day yesterday, and i so don't want to go out and pick up sticks

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's been below zero for close to a week now. Finally broke this morning and it's +21 now but it's supposed to be cold again after tomorrow. Got a gelled up tractor, frozen cattle water all over the fucking place. Nothing works when it's that cold, and of course what you want to be doing when it's 10 below out is sloshing around in a water tank.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Had to leave the AC on overnight because the temp went up a few degrees before dawn. We now have a Winter Weather Advisory for tomorrow morning because it will start crashing down to freezing in a couple hours so there's 6" snow potential.

Malakriss

DC weather doing its thing and forecasters refusing to have confidence in any of it

ZODC62T5GNG4NCGKDLTH4ZFFEA.png

Residents' forecast:
ggqvn5slrb981.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Actual amount we have is 7" and likely to hit 9" before it finishes this afternoon. Shovel the driveway and hope someone with a heavy duty snowblower goes around the sidewalk for the whole court.