Weather

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
going out to eat tonight at a brazilian steakhouse.. then overnight i get to deal with this ALL FUCKING DAY tomorrow. i am supposed to do a concom MEETING for a site visit at 8am. (i live above the T in boston)- Blizzard warning from midnight til 5am sunday

WCVB_Web_Snowfall.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
going out to eat tonight at a brazilian steakhouse.. then overnight i get to deal with this ALL FUCKING DAY tomorrow. i am supposed to do a concom MEETING for a site visit at 8am. (i live above the T in boston)- Blizzard warning from midnight til 5am sunday

View attachment 395412

Thats crazy, you almost have it as bad as us down here in Florida. It's supposed to get into the 20's Saturday night!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

View attachment 395412
Don't believe it. I'm in Long Island we have supposed to have has 12-18 inches. 4 hours later we are barely seeing flurries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

View attachment 395412

Ya. I'm headed to Amelia's in Stoughton before the weather hits! Fuck that dude. Head there instead!

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Snow started around 2pm here, it wasn't cold enough to stick to the grass until hours later and sidewalks/roads are still clear. At best we could hit 1-2" overnight if the temperature finally ticks down a degree or two. Weekend anyways so no benefit and minimal shoveling, let New England suffer.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Kind of an odd snowstorm. After a night of snow I have 6 or so inches on the grass but almost none stuck to the cars or roofs of houses. And it's in the teens so it's plenty cold.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Food was excellent at fogo de chao in Burlington, service SUCKED which ruined it.

5 in the party, server comes with filet skewer, but only enough for 2 people, does he come back with a fresh skewer for the other 3? No, filet never came back to the table. Bottom round skewer, which was fantastic, came to the table once, pichana once to table, etc. Chicken wings came by 5 Times, sausage 4 times, THEN we ask for dessert menu. Took about 20 minutes to get us tge menu, THEN another 20 mjnutes for someone-who was not our server- to take our order, THEN another 45 minutes to actually get the desserts cheesecake creme brulee and a chocolate lava cake. For a 400 dollar meal iI expect quality service, not THAT.

Snowing hard here, but with the wind I see grass in spots and a 4 foot drift next to it

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well at least it is a business write off?

If I am paying $400.00 for one meal even with 4 others, I would expect a little better. I like how the cheaper stuff came around more frequently. I also would not want to spend 2+ hours there. Hell they are also losing money that way.

Atlanta GA got a bit of a flurry. It is just mainly real cold and windy here in Athens GA. I have to so some stuff outside at work tonight but that will not be a prolonged affair on this night.

My wife was describing a story in a book known as the "Long Winter", which apparently are about the Blizzards in North Dakota. That shit is terrifying. Having to tie a string to the out house just so you did not get lost and freeze to death. This weather, in this day and age, is nothing compared to that reality.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Food was excellent at fogo de chao in Burlington, service SUCKED which ruined it.

5 in the party, server comes with filet skewer, but only enough for 2 people, does he come back with a fresh skewer for the other 3? No, filet never came back to the table. Bottom round skewer, which was fantastic, came to the table once, pichana once to table, etc. Chicken wings came by 5 Times, sausage 4 times, THEN we ask for dessert menu. Took about 20 minutes to get us tge menu, THEN another 20 mjnutes for someone-who was not our server- to take our order, THEN another 45 minutes to actually get the desserts cheesecake creme brulee and a chocolate lava cake. For a 400 dollar meal iI expect quality service, not THAT.

Snowing hard here, but with the wind I see grass in spots and a 4 foot drift next to it
Finding a quality Churasco outside of places like S FL and TX can be a challenge. When you find one you treasure it. I have only found one on Long Island. It's not a 10, but it's a solid 7.5 or 8.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Family meal no write off, plus it was my wife's idea so she paid( she made more than I last yr). Food was a solid 8-9 service, 4 is being generous

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't had any server issues at Fogo or Texas de Brazil in Jax, don't think there are any non chain brazillians near me. I'd write corporate and try and get a free meal out of it. Better yet, get the Mrs. to do it

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Got about a foot here so far. Still looks like it's going strong though. Wind has me worried. I am glad I had the trees from around my house cleared!

Out my windows...

aaa.jpg
bbb.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My neighbors were none too pleased to learn there is a difference depending on what side of the street your house is on. My front yard gets the sun while the opposite side gets shade as the sun sets. So our driveway had a thin layer maybe 0.25" while they were shoveling a good 2-3" across the street. That slight bit of warmth and straddling the freezing point made all the difference.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Got about a foot here so far. Still looks like it's going strong though. Wind has me worried. I am glad I had the trees from around my house cleared!

Out my windows...

View attachment 395592View attachment 395593
this man knows snow
0a4d7194b25221a7ba24802fb0dc7440.png

lulz when it snowed for almost 2 weeks here in tn, my neighbors didn't put theirs up (the new ppl are cali) (everyone uses the garage as storage, i don't see anyone really parking in it)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users