Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The great melt is upon us. Hit 50 degrees today and a billion metric tons of snow be melting. For those who have never seen this, so much water vapor is going into the air that we have the most amazing Stephen King-esque fog. Shit is so think it's hard to see 100' ahead. And this isn't a localized phenomenon, it was like all of Long Island.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The great melt is upon us. Hit 50 degrees today and a billion metric tons of snow be melting. For those who have never seen this, so much water vapor is going into the air that we have the most amazing Stephen King-esque fog. Shit is so think it's hard to see 100' ahead. And this isn't a localized phenomenon, it was like all of Long Island.
i hate that fog.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man west TN getting some fun today/tomorrow. Already lost power a few times. I'll take snow/rain any day over ice. Looks like Lanx Lanx lucking out over in his area.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, basically turns a wide area in Silent Hill. There is a notorious highway section near us that always has accidents when this type of fog settles in because of all the on and off ramps and turns in the road

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ya, basically turns a wide area in Silent Hill. There is a notorious highway section near us that always has accidents when this type of fog settles in because of all the on and off ramps and turns in the road
its super sketch because other drivers act stupid in it so you cant see them until you are right on top of them. so everyone slows down to a crawl. its really like The Mist from that Stephen King story. i rather take my chances from that Mist than running into some fagtard who stopped their car in the middle of the highway.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
its super sketch because other drivers act stupid in it so you cant see them until you are right on top of them. so everyone slows down to a crawl. its really like The Mist from that Stephen King story. i rather take my chances from that Mist than running into some fagtard who stopped their car in the middle of the highway.
Especially on big ass bridges. Going to and from the Ocean Parkway (South Shore barrier island) with all that ocean ice melting around the big bridges is always exciting.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
whelp i learned that while a pebblestone walkway/driveway is shit for shoveling snow and will fuck up your barefeet... you won't fall on your ass with ice. they lined the outer edge of the patio w/ brick and that is slippery as shit, i didn't fall but now i know not to trust brick.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
It broke above freezing today on Long Island. The great melt has begun.
Most fun is the melt/freeze/melt where you get standing water on top of ice. I was on the highway and sparse traffic was doing maybe 30 in a 65. Explorer behind me lost it and went back and forth across the 3 lane several times backwards and still managed to save it.

Worst part of any adverse driving is the other drivers, not the roads themselves.

• 1Truth!

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
whelp i learned that while a pebblestone walkway/driveway is shit for shoveling snow and will fuck up your barefeet... you won't fall on your ass with ice. they lined the outer edge of the patio w/ brick and that is slippery as shit, i didn't fall but now i know not to trust brick.
If its below freezing outside and you see something that looks like water on the ground, odds are high its ice.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
If its below freezing outside and you see something that looks like water on the ground, odds are high its ice.
yea i distinctly remember picking out, outside rated ceramic tile that wouldn't ice over when i tiled the front patio in ks, never slipped there.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Worst part of any adverse driving is the other drivers, not the roads themselves.
And if you do fuck up and spin out with no one else around, you've gotta blitz as hard as possible to get your car out of the snow berm before anyone shows up to help so you can carry that shame secretly with you to the grave.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
And if you do fuck up and spin out with no one else around, you've gotta blitz as hard as possible to get your car out of the snow berm before anyone shows up to help so you can carry that shame secretly with you to the grave.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i have spun out several times, gotten stuck in snow several times too, all with rear wheel drive vehicles. others were around to see it too, much shame. i solved it by not driving RWDs anymore. FWD or 4WD is the only way to go. though a rear engine rear wheel drive vehicle would probably work too

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i have spun out several times, gotten stuck in snow several times too, all with rear wheel drive vehicles. others were around to see it too, much shame. i solved it by not driving RWDs anymore. FWD or 4WD is the only way to go. though a rear engine rear wheel drive vehicle would probably work too
I have to admit this because i generally make fun of my wife's jeep wrangler. We needed to run out when the snow and roads were at their worst last week and I opted for her jeep instead of my AWD Tesla. Dropped that over-priced, under-powered, gas-guzzling Jeep into 4 wheel drive and it took it like a boss. AWD is good. 4 wheel drive is better in conditions like that. Its still an over-priced, under-powered, gas-guzzler but at least it has one pro feature.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I have to admit this because i generally make fun of my wife's jeep wrangler. We needed to run out when the snow and roads were at their worst last week and I opted for her jeep instead of my AWD Tesla. Dropped that over-priced, under-powered, gas-guzzling Jeep into 4 wheel drive and it took it like a boss. AWD is good. 4 wheel drive is better in conditions like that. Its still an over-priced, under-powered, gas-guzzler but at least it has one pro feature.
Watching people use jeep wranglers as daily drivers with mostly on highway miles is painful, but you know when you've got some nasty roads to conquer that jeep is ready.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
can't you change the awd mode to always on?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
can't you change the awd mode to always on?
It's always on. The diff is the 4WD is sending equal to each wheel while the AWD is having the computer make adjustments as needed. One would think the AWD would be better, but for off-road or shitty conditions the 4WD is the top dog.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It's always on. The diff is the 4WD is sending equal to each wheel while the AWD is having the computer make adjustments as needed. One would think the AWD would be better, but for off-road or shitty conditions the 4WD is the top dog.
i thought teslas awd is only on at takeoff/stop and sensing ice