Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It smells nice here in NYC but everything is glowing orange. Fuck Canada.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ccbc0036ad9820c790f7c983b7ff5a7d

Canada is just a white Mexico. they have 150 fires all over Quebec and they are fucking completely out of control

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Fucking Eh. Them violent diversity satan demonic whores got violent and burnt down all the transtrees and now our whole world is covered in the smell of burnt maple shit. Fuck you Canada. I hope you die in a fire!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
It’s even hazy down here in WV, though obviously not orange. Been getting constant shitty air alerts all week, but the haze finally rolled in strong today.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
We had a 10 acre fire near here according to the interactive map someone posted. Didn't notice. That's less than pasture size and a fraction of normal prescribed fires, though it's not the season for that. In 1996 was in a "100 year drought) and the biggest cause of the forest fires here were people driving on the road/highway with a flat tire waiting to pull over to change it and sparks going off in the grass then woods.

The federal goverment did someting (shocked) they made the right away cuts through the national forest on highways wider so they are less than the height of trees.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You guys are getting a taste of living in the West. We already had one dose of Canadian smoke back in May. It must be dry as hell up there. I don't think you could get a fire going here right now if your life depended on it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I know we usually come here to complain (or I do) but this year we've had this fantastic spring. Nice and cool in the mornings, warm and rainy in the afternoons. Lovely weather the past 2 weeks or so.

Normally we go from frozen to baking in the span of a day and never get any spring.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
BWI airport reported 0.55" of rain for May, if DC didn't have a wet April there would be severe drought conditions already. Average is usually 3-4" depending on the seasonal month but we've also had milder temperatures for awhile. If the east coast still had the wilderness that Canada has most of it would be on fire too.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its been a mild spring so far with maybe a day or two over 90. mild is fine. when i have the top is down i dont bake in the sun..

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You guys are getting a taste of living in the West. We already had one dose of Canadian smoke back in May. It must be dry as hell up there. I don't think you could get a fire going here right now if your life depended on it.
Send excess reason to oklahoma. Scorching summer last year and this springs been pretty anemic with the rain. gave up manually putting in some more T posts this week. That and I blew my back again

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Full on summer pattern here. 80F by 8am even though it will only reach 90F for the day. Thunderstorms nearly every day for a few minutes.

• 1Like

Goatface

we had severe thunderstorm alert last night followed by a tornado watch and warning. not heard anything about damage, we just had about 15 mins of heavy rain with lots of thunder and lightning.
anyway, we got 3 alerts from codeRed, 1 from WEC (the fed cell system), 4 from amazon, but no idea what the noaa weather radio was doing, but it didn't alarm. don't know if user error or just too old. it does flash red for anything more than a strong breeze.

if your area uses CodeRed, it is worth signing up for. won't do shit outside your area and i don't know what it does if your area doesn't directly support it.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Near where I was stationed in Colorado got flooded the other day, and we're getting hailstorms here in Dallas. It's the End of Days, folks!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess there's some weird fucking jetstream thing going on, but it's giving us hellish thunderstorms every day here in Florida. Hope this shit moves off soon.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I guess there's some weird fucking jetstream thing going on, but it's giving us hellish thunderstorms every day here in Florida. Hope this shit moves off soon.
We are getting popup storms too in NJ. Was supposed to rain yesterday, then they said it waa going to be nice. It was nice and then it stormed anyway. Then it was nice again.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I caught some of the storms in the morning driving and flying out of Florida only to land into one in Boston.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Day 284 since the last 100 degree day in Las Vegas. Forecast to finally hit it next week.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users