Weather

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Thought I'd seen it all. Had this come up on my recommended articles. The south is pretty crazy. In case you were wondering, as far as I know, all of these places will be in the low 20s overnight and probably mid to upper 20s by the time kids would be going to school (at least that's what we're getting in Florida, where none of them are closing).

Huntsville has already closed schools for tomorrow.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I imagine they’re trying to prevent additional lines from getting taken down by branches. Happens out here as well around weather events, odd hours included.

Turns out the neighbor complained and that's what they were doing. He has lived here his entir4e life and gets things done. I know he complains to the county to come mow the strip bedtween the road and his ditch all the time. He is on 10 acres but if you are outside when he is tlaking to them he cusses up a storm all the time. Squeaky wheel gets the grease as usual. They had trucks parked in our front yard and were trimming the lines going inkto his property because he didn't want them driving on his property. He's the type if I see him out I'll say "You missed a pine cone" and he goes and gets the 4 foot long grabber deal and picks it up.

Everyone knows he's a complainer that gets shit done. His daughter took over his company sne told me she makes sure to never be seen in the store/town with him lol.

He's pretty funny at times. When he mows and hits a pine cone he cusses up a storm and I can hear him mumbling about it some distance away. Dealing with people was his profession as a physical therapist makes you wonder. Then he calls his work group of all black guys to come out and pick it all up. He keeps a clean yard, I'll give him that. Before his horse died he would look over them while wearing his work hat and it looked like something out of a chain gang.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

1705678779595.png

the other day when they said it was going to get down to 2, it went to -4. last night they said, no accumulation snow, we got 2" and it is still snowing. this is 20-30 degrees below normal

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Originally they were saying 1-3" for the region, but since last night they kept creeping up the totals and we hit the "boom" scenario this morning

0119_StormTotalSnow.jpg

Borzak

Wonky stuff. Wed. the low was 11. This morning right after midnight it was 55.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Originally they were saying 1-3" for the region, but since last night they kept creeping up the totals and we hit the "boom" scenario this morning

View attachment 510135
It would be such a shame if the blizzard were to kill 535 "random" people in DC. Like, I dont know, if it were to cause the collapse of a roof during a vote or something.

• 1Worf

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Husband ended up having the whole week off of work since schools were closed. We had a bunch of snow Monday night/Tuesday morning and then nothing, but apparently the county seems to have lost all the salt and half the roads were sheets of ice the whole week. Got more snow today so of course schools closed today, too. I used the last of my salt and the store was sold out, so now my sidewalk is shitty. Had to bust out the kitty litter.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Husband ended up having the whole week off of work since schools were closed. We had a bunch of snow Monday night/Tuesday morning and then nothing, but apparently the county seems to have lost all the salt and half the roads were sheets of ice the whole week. Got more snow today so of course schools closed today, too. I used the last of my salt and the store was sold out, so now my sidewalk is shitty. Had to bust out the kitty litter.
i love my home now than in b4, simply b/c there is no sidewalk.

i don't have to freakout at 8am and think some weird fuck retard is gonna slip n fall

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Below freezing this morning and gonna be over 80 by Weds. I love Florida.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
snowed again yesterday, i like how i seemingly have the only 2 snow shovels in my cul de sac.

i literally saw 1 neighbor use a push broom and another use a regular shovel.

btw, i don't lend out my shovels, i learned a while ago ppl will fuck up the edge, that just means they all have icy driveways

Goatface

currently 3 here, every place has different low listed, from 2 to -4.
tomorrow going to be somewhere between 25-33 / 10-16, then 39-47/26-34 monday, then nothing below 30 for the rest of the month. 61 on thursday/

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

Pro-tip, if they don't have sidewalk salt you can use water softener salt. It's big and clunky, but it works. Stores always have it.

• 1Like

Borzak

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Saw earlier the Orville dam had it's floodgates open ahead of the storm, the lake that was dry a few years ago.
I can’t remember if it was Oroville or another, but I’m pretty sure there were some structural issues with one of them ‘recently’.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Won't hit freezing til nightfall but it's supposed to be fast and heavy snow rates. Go away winter.

02162024-StormTotalSnow.jpg