Weather

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Supposed to be +8C up here in Edmonton on Friday. It's been really nice the past couple weeks, after a terrible start to the winter with far more snow than usual. Most of the snow is gone now, it's been so warm. At least in areas where the sun can shine on it. Only 3 months of winter left!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Getting a really dry, grainy snow that just blows around everywhere near DC. Not the usual kind we have to deal with but it seems more annoying than wet snow given the wind gusts.
I love the dry snow. The usual we snow we get in the D.C region is like wet cement. This dry, powdery snow is so easy to brush off your car and move off of sidewalks. I'll take this over the heavy, wet stuff any time!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its been colder than a witches titty here in Detroit area this year. Supposedly one of the coldest winters in like 20 years or some shit. At its worst I think the temps god down to like -15F here which is pretty much unheard of. Usually the coldest our winters get is like 20s F

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hit 50 F here in south central Alaska. Most of all our snow in the lower elevations has melted and made a mess of everything.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Around 13 here. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't need to scrap ice off my windshields. Just a bit of light snow.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I did my last bit of shoveling midnight Tues-Wed because it was going to be single digits by the time the sun came up. You can have it back Alaska, please do it before the next storm which looks to be a small bit on Sat and then Sun-Mon

Rime

<Donor>
Living on top of a mountain in NE Pennsylvania, the 'high' yesterday was 7. Today is supposed to be colder. Already -12 without the windchill.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Ice, ice and more ice. Every bridge across the MS river is closed due to heavy icing south of Natchez, MS. Turned around and come home this morning. 27F and pouring rain, was OK as long as you could stay off a bridge which is nearly impossible here in flatland/waterland Louisiana.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
50 in alaska... -11 in ohio this monday and tuesday?... wtf

Oh, also, the ozone layer dipped down to 36,000 ft between chicago and new york yesterday (normally it's somewhere north of 50k), making my job tougher too... Thanks obama. .

Didn't see a single news story about it, but definitely impacts air travel, i'm guessing the big corps didn't want passengers to know that the already deadly environment they operate in was just a little more deadly yesterday
wink.png

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Brace for the next round of cold......damn this blocking high,,,,move DAMN IT my heating bill last month was 1000 dollars.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The weather has been nice and all this winter so far, but I wouldn't mind a long stretch of steady rain. I've never dealt with a drought emergency and I don't want to.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ours was $130 last month but we have 45 year old windows in half of our house and shitty insulation, both of which I will be remedying in the spring.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
price of propane spiked in my area to over 4 dollars a gallon. i have propane heat, hot water and cooking. went thru ~230 gallons of propane last month.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Below freezing for two weeks, 45 degrees today, high of 18 tomorrow. Rain next week. Global WTFing, indeed.

price of propane spiked in my area to over 4 dollars a gallon. i have propane heat, hot water and cooking. went thru ~230 gallons of propane last month.
Heard places here in Michigan are starting to have propane shortages. People who didn't lock in the price before winter are gonna be paying quite a hefty sum before it's over, or may end up not getting propane at all if the shortage gets worse. Glad I don't use it. My dad does, but he locked in his price under $2 a gallon.