Web Serials

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
The cliffhangers are annoying. Love hwfwm though.
Also defiance of the fall, return of the tower conqueror is good, the storm king, deeper dark is just...Funny, dungeon heart is great but realllllllllly slow updates.
Wuxia style I have read lots and lots of them

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The cliffhangers are annoying. Love hwfwm though.
Also defiance of the fall, return of the tower conqueror is good, the storm king, deeper dark is just...Funny, dungeon heart is great but realllllllllly slow updates.
Wuxia style I have read lots and lots of them
Defiance of the Fall is slow as fuck as well. As one comment on the latest update says:

"One chapter for dragon materials. One for viewing the reward. One for choosing the reward. One for the vision. One for the starting town perspective during all this. One for viewing gains. One for the fight outside. One for making connections to save Earth. One for Port Atwood's perspective during all this."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Defiance of the Fall is slow as fuck as well. As one comment on the latest update says:

"One chapter for dragon materials. One for viewing the reward. One for choosing the reward. One for the vision. One for the starting town perspective during all this. One for viewing gains. One for the fight outside. One for making connections to save Earth. One for Port Atwood's perspective during all this."
/worf
“Worst dragon ever,”

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am real glad this arc on Carl is almost over. I have absolutely zero clue how this dumbass railroad worked or even what the author was going for.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I am real glad this arc on Carl is almost over. I have absolutely zero clue how this dumbass railroad worked or even what the author was going for.
No kidding. I don’t even hate the idea, but I have absolutely no clue what is going on.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
He who fights monsters:
I don't really get what the French guy expected to gain from attempting to kill off Jason? It seems he already planned to go rogue and he needs Farrah so they can pry the secrets of essence magic from her. Moving over to join the EOA. Of course, had he waited a few more hours he'd have what he wanted and this arc would have been pointless.

It also doesn't make much sense why Miranda was in on it. I get her being dumb office bitch playing stupid games for advancement. So being against Jason makes sense but allying with a rogue to get rid of him does not. It doesn't seem like she was going to hop the fence to EOA... which I guess is why they killed her?

velk

Trakanon Raider
He who fights monsters:
I don't really get what the French guy expected to gain from attempting to kill off Jason? It seems he already planned to go rogue and he needs Farrah so they can pry the secrets of essence magic from her. Moving over to join the EOA. Of course, had he waited a few more hours he'd have what he wanted and this arc would have been pointless.

It also doesn't make much sense why Miranda was in on it. I get her being dumb office bitch playing stupid games for advancement. So being against Jason makes sense but allying with a rogue to get rid of him does not. It doesn't seem like she was going to hop the fence to EOA... which I guess is why they killed her?
My take was that he can't win as he is, and was relying on knowledge from Farrah to gain advantage against the network. If Jason is alive, that advantage is meaningless because Jason can just tell the network anyway.

Yeah I am assuming Miranda didn't know Adrien was planning on going rogue, hence the summary execution.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I do like the EOA though. Really all of the factions. The author is good at making them fairly ambiguous. The EOA seems pretty reasonable really.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No kidding. I don’t even hate the idea, but I have absolutely no clue what is going on.
I did like the author's numerous drawings trying to explain it because they still didn't make any sense. lol.

But fuck it, lets add portals, secret tunnels and whatever the fuck else too.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I do like the EOA though. Really all of the factions. The author is good at making them fairly ambiguous. The EOA seems pretty reasonable really.
There's still a strong possibility they're what remains of a broken-up Builder cult, but as magical underdogs, they seem to work out.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I wanted a volcano. You see how much some of these peeps are making on patreon? Like 20k+ a month.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I wanted a volcano. You see how much some of these peeps are making on patreon? Like 20k+ a month.
Not that many. Shirtaloon is an outlier. But you still have a significant number doing in the 5k range, which is extremely good. Heck, even some of the best known serials draw 2k or less.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Good end to the DCC book, I’m so glad this floor is over.

I’m also definitely just shelving HWFWM for a couple of weeks. Maybe by then something will actually happen.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I’m also definitely just shelving HWFWM for a couple of weeks. Maybe by then something will actually happen.
What everyone wants to see NOW:

1) Farrah freed (probably going to happen Soon™)
2) Mini-Jason (Emi) getting magic (not going to happen for years)
3) Taika Iron ranked! (whenever Shirtaloon wants)

and then, you can have Jason finding the secret operations of the Builder Cult (who might or might not be the EOA).

But yes, the risk is that the Magic Apocalypse promised for Earth might stretch over several months (in publication terms).