Web Serials

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Someone be a sweetheart and spend the $5 to go see the advanced 20 chapters on Patreon. Tell us if its worth it!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Good end to the DCC book, I’m so glad this floor is over.

I’m also definitely just shelving HWFWM for a couple of weeks. Maybe by then something will actually happen.
Here's how I imagine the train floor.
  1. There's like dozens of lines.
    1. I imagine this like the London tube system on crack.
  2. Some trains super dangerous and others mildly dangerous.
  3. There's also a ton of portals going all over the fucking place.
  4. There's also a side-catwalk tunnel system where maintenance lizards live.
  5. Stops are random numbers and full of random shit.
  6. Ghoul machines are... somewhere.
  7. There's also a secret tunnel in between the two major levels of the train system. I did not know there were two floors at all until this point came up.
  8. Stairs are at certain stops but... also not because why was there this huge convoluted thing happening at the end to take the secret tunnel to the secret portal to take the hidden staircase?
  9. Also a bunch of trainyards I guess and amnesiac actors going through a circle.
  10. You need your starter hat to take the portals except when you dont.
  11. uhhhhhhhhhhh
  12. uhhhhhhhhhhhhh?
  13. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....?
  14. The whole thing is an elaborate political cartoon about races we know almost nothing about.
  15. Okay leaving.
I mean god damn.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Either I'm losing my mind or shirtaloon introduced two completely different characters named Hector in just as many chapters.

Belgian network Hector and EOA team leader Hector.

Ukerric Ukerric
Leave it to your people to have a secret supersite they concealed from the larger Network for 70+ years

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Either I'm losing my mind or shirtaloon introduced two completely different characters named Hector in just as many chapters.

Belgian network Hector and EOA team leader Hector.

Ukerric Ukerric
Leave it to your people to have a secret supersite they concealed from the larger Network for 70+ years
The St. Etienne area was a hotbed of the Resistance during WW2 (the main underground newspaper for the Resistance in the southern France was printed there). Lotsa badasses there in the Maquis those days.

Regarding names - that happens a lot. If you have throw-away characters, and pick a random generator for names, you end up with near-identical names from time to time.

Oh, and since I had a Patreon sub until Oct 31st (I gave him 3 months of Patreon time - I think it is still worth at least that much)... if you really, really want to be spoiled for the next weeks
last 2 chapters of the week - Saving Private Farrah, ends the week. <--- ACTION!
5 chapters - Farrah is saved, lets introduce her to mini-Jason (and the rest of the family).
5 chapters - Showoff what they can do, then finalize the deal with the Network... oh, and appear on sister's cooking TV show <--- ACTION! (a tiny bit)
5 chapters - Talk with Dawn, find out what's happening... that requires 3 chapters to set up and do. Yes 3. And FINALLY start magicking people

And that's pretty much it. Of course Jason does Jason things, mini-Jason wraps everyone around her finger, and mucho drama. Oh, and we're forewarned that Jason and Farrah will indeed return to Pallimustus at one point.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Also, forgot about the "America exports a lot of gun essences" remark on He Who Fights With Monsters. Because of course it would :)

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Magic Smithing just had a pretty big plot development. I'm hesitant to call it a twist but I didn't expect it to turn out this way at all.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’m digging the CNN level of portrayal of America in HWFWM. Stunning and brave.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I’m digging the CNN level of portrayal of America in HWFWM. Stunning and brave.
Both delegations are, well, parodies of standard outsider cliches on those two nations.

I'm not too surprised he choose to go over the top for those two. I was more surprised he didn't push too many cliches when he did the French-based Network branch depiction.

velk

Trakanon Raider
In fairness, how confident are you that Trump wouldn't actually reveal the existence of magic over twitter ? ;p I mean, I would say that he *probably* wouldn't, but I am certainly not 100% confident, heh.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Magic smithing is really good, just wish updates would come faster.

HWFWM gets worse with every chapter, what the fuck was this retarded shit that was put up today.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

HWFWM gets worse with every chapter, what the fuck was this retarded shit that was put up today.
The face Dawn makes when she realizes "this is the one my boss wants to use to save this world?"
“This world is doomed,” Dawn muttered.
That would probably be enough to make you quit your Phoenix cult...

I think the main problem is that Shirtaloon needs to keep the machine going, which means he either has big flashes of inspiration, or stretch things out. Each pack of 5 chapters could be rewritten much more tightly into a single 4-5k chapter. The entire chapter is very much Asano, except that it's four times bigger than it needs to.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I tried going to catching up once a week and it is just as frustrating. I’m just going to quit reading it at this point and maybe catch up at some point in the future

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

The guy has 20+ chapters ahead of RR on his Patreon.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The guy has 20+ chapters ahead of RR on his Patreon.
The patreon business model is pure aids. Like I’d pay the cost of a book to have early access for a book’s worth of content, but no way I’m paying that every month.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The patreon business model is pure aids. Like I’d pay the cost of a book to have early access for a book’s worth of content, but no way I’m paying that every month.
Yes. Which is why I sometimes drop on Patreon for a couple months, to provide the equivalent of a book's worth, then I unsub until I feel like I got a good book of content. That's why I was subscribed for september and october, and stopped after (so I no longer have any spoiler on you guys - next week is all new for me as well)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Cocop (guy who write Blessed Time) just finished the first volume of tower of somnus:

Basic premise is a galactic council makes contact with a future earth where everything is run by mega corporations, and they come to the immediate decision that Humans aren’t ready to join the intergalactic community and basically embargo the planet, but leave behind a relay hub that allows them to enter what is essentially a VR game so that humans could learn more about the rest of the races and grow or some such retarded plot nonsense.

Anyways, skills and stats gained in the game also have a scaled down carryover effect until the real world, so the megacorps immediately restrict access to the plebs.

All in all a pretty good read, fast paced and the outside of the VR story is actually much better than the inside. Since he’s doing it as actual volumes with the intention of putting it on KU, what’s currently up will be taken down at some point.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Updates :
Wandering Inn - Pirate has really riled up the fanbase this time.

He Who Fights - stuff is happening at last ;p

Defiance of the Fall - MC hijacks an FTL spaceship in deep space with his amazing punching powers and magic axe ? Sure, why not ;p
It's also possible that the author has taken the objectification of women a little too literally heh.

New Stuff:
Re: Trailer Trash - 60 year old woman sent back into her teenage body, tries to make her shitty teen life a bit better. It turns out it is easier said than done, and achieving your goals won't necessarily get you what you want. This is good, if hard to read at times. Very slow updates.

Vacant Throne - An angel, after accidentally saving a young woman who was fated to die, panics and tries to hide the evidence by transporting her to a different world. This.. really didn't go where I thought it would. Fairly unique storyline, with some interesting characters. Tenebrael makes for a great ?bad? guy, one sign of which is that she still gets ? after doing some shit that is absolutely evil overlord stuff. She also puts up with a truly astonishing amount of Alyssa's bullshit. I liked it enough to catch up to current, but it didn't really grip me the way the more top tier ones did, reading it after catching up on the other stuff I was following was fine.

Menocht Loop - The outline of this one has been covered before. I quite like it, although I find the author's frequent protestations that Euryphel is not gay for the MC to be both amusing and unconvincing.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Euryphel is 100% gay for Ian. Ian himself is obviously not gay though.

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Updates :
Wandering Inn - Pirate has really riled up the fanbase this time.

He Who Fights - stuff is happening at last ;p

Defiance of the Fall - MC hijacks an FTL spaceship in deep space with his amazing punching powers and magic axe ? Sure, why not ;p
It's also possible that the author has taken the objectification of women a little too literally heh.

New Stuff:
Re: Trailer Trash - 60 year old woman sent back into her teenage body, tries to make her shitty teen life a bit better. It turns out it is easier said than done, and achieving your goals won't necessarily get you what you want. This is good, if hard to read at times. Very slow updates.

Vacant Throne - An angel, after accidentally saving a young woman who was fated to die, panics and tries to hide the evidence by transporting her to a different world. This.. really didn't go where I thought it would. Fairly unique storyline, with some interesting characters. Tenebrael makes for a great ?bad? guy, one sign of which is that she still gets ? after doing some shit that is absolutely evil overlord stuff. She also puts up with a truly astonishing amount of Alyssa's bullshit. I liked it enough to catch up to current, but it didn't really grip me the way the more top tier ones did, reading it after catching up on the other stuff I was following was fine.

Menocht Loop - The outline of this one has been covered before. I quite like it, although I find the author's frequent protestations that Euryphel is not gay for the MC to be both amusing and unconvincing.
I'm soooo behind on Wandering Inn, I'm not even sure I'll figure this one out.

I think I did the technocrat starship hijack "while in the Eternity Tower" months ago? Unless he does it again? (I'm only splurging the updates every now and then)

We get a proper Apocalypse coming. With Jason as the "bad guy" on every viral stream... Fun times.

And everyone knows about Euryphel. And Ian is borderline tempted...