Weed Culture

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Your best bet is just go into one of the many stores and talk to the dude. Tell him the truth and he will walk you through everything. There are a thousand different things and flavors, just tell him youre new, you want a nice easy high and absolutely nothing crazy.

yeah this^

dudes in these shops are usually pretty alright. @a_skeleton_02 you're a smart dude i'm sure you'll be able to smell out the ones that are just spouting salesman bullshit vs. actual helpful ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
but also, having just recently gotten into vapes / carts ("c cell" is the term for the cartridge style most people use), i agree with aboves that its better than bud

and this is as someone who has just been a glass pipe / bong smoker for 15 years

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
pens that use chemicals to suspend the activated THC.

huh? i mean, this cartridge i have here is 88% pure THC. anything you add to this cartridge is going to be suspended in the THC, not the other way around, haha.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Good lord there is a lot of bad advice in this thread.

1. If you are newish to weed, don't smoke fucking chemicals and don't eat it. Get a glass bowl, get whatever weed smells best to you (look in the low end of the price range, because you don't *want* 30+% THC!), and smoke a little bit of it.

Advising new users to try smoking fucking 80% extracts or overdosing on edibles is some kind of cruel RL troll job.

2. Somehow legalizing it made weed culture actually *worse*. I used to keep my pot use secret because it was the law. Now I do it because I don't want to be associated with these idiots.

Talking to these idiots in the store is like getting your news from NPR. "Well, are you looking for an uplifting, creative, full-body high or more of a cerebral, energetic, euphoric high?" "This one's a nice 40/60 hybrid with notes of pineapple and cardamom"

Try to exchange as few words as possible with the gauge-eared skinny jeans wearing fuck behind the counter. I think of it like an interaction with the police; a wise man says as little as possible and gets out as soon as he can.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 6 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not a terribly big fan of the vape pens. Maybe I'm a weird one but I can only get so high off a vape pen. I hit a ceiling that I never hit by vaping dry herb and I hit it fairly quickly. I also find vape pen vapor to be much harsher on my lungs than dry herb vaping. I feel dry herb vaping is far more cost effective than vape pens. I can get vape cartridges for $50 and $50 of flower would last me much longer. Your mileage may vary however.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I'm not a terribly big fan of the vape pens. Maybe I'm a weird one but I can only get so high off a vape pen. I hit a ceiling that I never hit by vaping dry herb and I hit it fairly quickly. I also find vape pen vapor to be much harsher on my lungs than dry herb vaping. I feel dry herb vaping is far more cost effective than vape pens. I can get vape cartridges for $50 and $50 of flower would last me much longer. Your mileage may vary however.

Yeah I found the vape pens made me cough like a mother fucker and I’ve been rolling paper filter joints for decades.

Vinen

God is dead
Good lord there is a lot of bad advice in this thread.

1. If you are newish to weed, don't smoke fucking chemicals and don't eat it. Get a glass bowl, get whatever weed smells best to you (look in the low end of the price range, because you don't *want* 30+% THC!), and smoke a little bit of it.

Advising new users to try smoking fucking 80% extracts or overdosing on edibles is some kind of cruel RL troll job.

2. Somehow legalizing it made weed culture actually *worse*. I used to keep my pot use secret because it was the law. Now I do it because I don't want to be associated with these idiots.

Talking to these idiots in the store is like getting your news from NPR. "Well, are you looking for an uplifting, creative, full-body high or more of a cerebral, energetic, euphoric high?" "This one's a nice 40/60 hybrid with notes of pineapple and cardamom"

Try to exchange as few words as possible with the gauge-eared skinny jeans wearing fuck behind the counter. I think of it like an interaction with the police; a wise man says as little as possible and gets out as soon as he can.

I'm a fan of eating it because I hate the smell. Some dudes were fishbowling a car down the road from me. They opened their door and it stunk up the entire street.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
huh? i mean, this cartridge i have here is 88% pure THC. anything you add to this cartridge is going to be suspended in the THC, not the other way around, haha.

No that cartridge is not 88% THC. It’s made from an 88% distillate. Pure THC does not come in liquid form at all. Those extra chemicals to liquify the THC are meant to burned off during a puff. But they aren’t burned off completely. That’s why all these kids are dying from Juul’s. Those chemicals used to suspend the THC/nicotine into a liquid are killing people. Just fucking get a dab pen and load in some distillate/extract of your choice. Sure it’s a little more messy to clean, but you aren’t going to die from smoking pure THC.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm not saying no one should ever eat it (although subjectively I think youre nuts; the smell is one of the great things about pot)

I'm saying advising a new user to start with edibles is like advising a virgin to start with triple anal penetration.

• 1Like

H.A. Monkey

I'm a fan of eating it because I hate the smell. Some dudes were fishbowling a car down the road from me. They opened their door and it stunk up the entire street.

Fish bowling? What the fuck new age hipster shit is that? It’s call hotboxing you millennial.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Carts aren't "chemicals" other than in so much as everything is a chemical. And it's a fine starting point as long as he doesn't start taking giant rips before he gives the first hit a chance to kick in.

My 66 year old retiree mother vapes once in awhile now. You're really overestimating the learning curve here lol.

All a newbie needs to know before their first hit is "start with just one hit, and quit inhaling it before your lungs feel full.". If you inhale all the way you're gonna cough your ass off, but if you start just taking "sips" and waiting 5-15 minutes between there's no way you'll accidentally go overboard.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

This part can be pretty accurate tho lol. I often feel like Alex in Grandma's Boy "idk Dante I just want a bag of fucking weed"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
No that cartridge is not 88% THC. It’s made from an 88% distillate. Pure THC does not come in liquid form at all. Those extra chemicals to liquify the THC are meant to burned off during a puff. But they aren’t burned off completely. That’s why all these kids are dying from Juul’s. Those chemicals used to suspend the THC/nicotine into a liquid are killing people. Just fucking get a dab pen and load in some distillate/extract of your choice. Sure it’s a little more messy to clean, but you aren’t going to die from smoking pure THC.

Yes it is 88% THC. It's a "liquid" but is so thick that if you turn it upside down it takes about 5 minutes to all flow down to the other end. Juul is something totally different, do not conflate the two. Juul is nicotine suspended in polyethylene glycol or some shit, totally different type of product.

The other 12%, btw, are largely naturally sourced terpenes that would naturally be present in the plant but are lost in the extraction process. They add them back in for flavor.

H.A. Monkey

Yes it is 88% THC. It's a "liquid" but is so thick that if you turn it upside down it takes about 5 minutes to all flow down to the other end. Juul is something totally different, do not conflate the two. Juul is nicotine suspended in polyethylene glycol or some shit, totally different type of product.

The other 12%, btw, are largely naturally sourced terpenes that would naturally be present in the plant but are lost in the extraction process. They add them back in for flavor.

Oh god I’m talking to an idiot.

• 1Seriously?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Oh god I’m talking to an idiot.

No dude you definitely are the one that is wrong here. THC distillate cartridges are nothing like Juuls, you are incredibly wrong. Find me one reliable source that shows cannabis distillates have any of the same ingredients as nicotine vape liquid. Just one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's not the manufacturer of the cart that claimed 88% THC content btw. It was an independent marijuana testing facility. Do you think they somehow did the complex chemistry required to separate the THC oil from the rest of the mixture and THEN figured out what % the oil was?

H.A. Monkey

No dude you definitely are the one that is wrong here. THC distillate cartridges are nothing like Juuls, you are incredibly wrong. Find me one reliable source that shows cannabis distillates have any of the same ingredients as nicotine vape liquid. Just one.

First off retard, a vape pen is not a THC distillate capable device. The THC distillate is processed into the vape solution. It’s why it’s a fucking liquid in the first place moron. Again, a vape pen like you use does not use a distillate. It uses a distillate based THC liquid. A ‘dab’ is a hit of a distillate on a hot nail/surface. Aka old school knife hits with hash. But you’re too much of an idiot to understand the difference between a distillate, and vaping juice.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
First off retard, a vape pen is not a THC distillate capable device.

Yes it is, I am holding one right now. Puff makes the pen part, MKX made the cartridge.

It’s why it’s a fucking liquid in the first place moron. A

100% pure THC is itself a very slow moving liquid, very thick oil. Nothing is needed to be added to it to make it liquid. This can be confirmed in even Merck chemistry manual, no stoner knowledge required.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still waiting on a source, you're the one making the outlandish claim here.

What ingredients do my c cell carts share with Juul liquid?

• 1Like