Weed Culture

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It’s called marketing, and you’ve bought it hook, line, and sinker. The FDA ensures products get properly described, and proper display of stuff. There is no FDA involvement in weed/THC sales. Which means, yes, they are misleading you.

Last edibles I purchased, I ate the entire 100mg package are barely felt anything at all. They are def for beginners.

I wish that were the case, but as I keep pointing out. Since the FDA has no involvement, the accuracy of product claims and correct product labels do not exist. And since this type of product is so new to the market, the difference between food safe products for consumption and inhaled safe for consumption is not clearly outline. So there are ‘reputable’ companies putting out bad products because we flat out don’t have all the evidence needed to declare certain products not safe for inhalation.

Just recently there were 32(?) massive grows here in Colorado that got shut down. All of them were operating at some point, in compliance with state law. Some were shuttered because of their waste processing. Simple shit. But it shows the entire industry is not as honest as the consumers want it to be.

yeah, just about all this at least is accurate or i can agree with. consumers should definitely be skeptical, because there is no regulation and at the end of the day it's just human beings doing this.

CCell carts are definitely typically at least ~75% pure THC, tho. and that's definitely 75% with regards to the final weight, not one of the ingredients was 75% pure. perhaps the reason this sounds wrong to you is if you haven't researched in awhile? the CO2 extraction methods used for it and even the technology involved are all relatively recent developments.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Just made this video quick to show how viscous this THC "liquid" is in CCell carts. I wasn't exaggerating when I said it would take 5+ minutes for that to totally flow to the bottom if I left it upside down. Heck maybe longer, I've never timed it, but I guess it didn't visibly move in the 30 seconds of that video.

These carts aren't some liquid sloshing around that I'm stupidly mistaking for mostly pure THC. They truly are roughly what they claim to be, the % isn't just marketing. Now, if the other 25% is kosher, idk, maybe they're not evaporating their solvents enough, maybe they're adding terpenes that are harmful, etc. Definitely, again, definitely 75%+ THC tho.

-- tho, it probably is a good suggestion to say it's better in the long run to get the style vape where you can get your own extract and add it yourself rather than getting disposable carts. i agree there too. but as a starting point, CCell makes more sense

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If you want to get involved in the vaping community I thought it was like the a-team. Don't call them they'll get in touch with you. Like crossfitters, oh you'll know quickly who is crossfit because they will tell you..again and again....

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm

Just made this video quick to show how viscous this THC "liquid" is in CCell carts. I wasn't exaggerating when I said it would take 5+ minutes for that to totally flow to the bottom if I left it upside down. Heck maybe longer, I've never timed it, but I guess it didn't visibly move in the 30 seconds of that video.

These carts aren't some liquid sloshing around that I'm stupidly mistaking for mostly pure THC. They truly are roughly what they claim to be, the % isn't just marketing. Now, if the other 25% is kosher, idk, maybe they're not evaporating their solvents enough, maybe they're adding terpenes that are harmful, etc. Definitely, again, definitely 75%+ THC tho.

-- tho, it probably is a good suggestion to say it's better in the long run to get the style vape where you can get your own extract and add it yourself rather than getting disposable carts. i agree there too. but as a starting point, CCell makes more sense

At a starting point, why are you recommending someone to get a flawed product?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
At a starting point, why are you recommending someone to get a flawed product?

i, and several others, have gone over the reasoning in this thread already. scroll up if you want to read my answer again dude, i'm getting tired of you.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
everything is potentially flawed, here's a common problem that the average stoner doesn't talk about since it hasn't been a buzz word in a bit -- LOTS of the medical marijuana bud out there has been improperly dried and / or improperly stored and now has a significant mold content, many a high enough mold content to seriously affect someone with a compromised immune system.

or pesticides left on the plant material

or etc etc

you're gambling literally every time, some people just see some risks as more acceptable than others. as long as everyone making the choices is coming from an actual well-informed place, i don't see the problem with it.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Fuck it I say go straight to Rick Simpson Oil. Trial by fire baby. That shit will put you in another universe.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I prefer straight weed. Usually in a joint, pipe, or in a one-hitter. I've pretty much smoked weed since I was 18. With maybe only a couple of years I went sober for work or lack of availability. I'm not an all day smoker though, I usually won't smoke til at least after dinner. Wake n bake is reserved for days I know I have fuck all to do. It's weird but vaping bothers my throat and lungs more than just straight up smoking. I am also not huge on edibles, only because of dosages always being weird. I've over eaten edibles on a couple of occassions and it just wasn't fun.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Funny thing about edibles is hearing "Edibles are fucking great .... until that one time." Mine was the 1st night of a 3 night run of String Cheese Incident in Vegas.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm just not that into edibles. I did them a number of times in college but we always made them ourselves and we made them extremely powerful. They'd fuck us up. I'll dabble in vape pens if a friend is offering but I stopped using mine. You can't beat a good ol' joint.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm just not that into edibles. I did them a number of times in college but we always made them ourselves and we made them extremely powerful. They'd fuck us up. I'll dabble in vape pens if a friend is offering but I stopped using mine. You can't beat a good ol' joint.

Oh yes, yes you can beat a joint. A joint is the lowest form of smoking to get fucked up. Papers taste nasty and ruin the flavor of weed. Give me a bong with an ice chamber. I’m smoking to get high, and high I will get.

• 1Truth!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm not in college anymore so I find bongs to be completely unnecessary. I don't need to get that high.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not in college anymore so I find bongs to be completely unnecessary. I don't need to get that high.

My best piece for bud from a utilitarian standpoint is my 6-inch glass bong. I never have and never will see the point of foot+ tall bongs with chambers you can barely fill in a single lung full. But the hits from this little guy are so smooth, and efficient enough that I can get high off of 1-3 hits, saving my weed and therefore my money. It takes about 2x as much bud by weight to get the same level of high when I use my one of my glass spoons, and 3x-4x as much in a joint.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Bongs are for teenagers and weed min/maxxers. I mean sure, it was great at twenty to see who could take the biggest rip and reach the point of drooling catatonia first, but now weed for me is like a fine wine— something I want to indulge in slowly and enjoy. It is far more relaxing and cathartic to smoke a spliff over ten minutes while watching a good movie than it is to take a two second bong rip.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I have never been the type of stoner where smoking itself was the activity. I do see the appeal of it, but 90% of the time I'd rather just get it in me and go back to whatever I was doing before.

I don't smoke inside the house so that might change things

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

Edibles have never done anything for me. We used to make our own brownies and stuff when I was living in NC and they never did anything for me. When I was back in south Florida I had a friend who got all kinds of different ones from one of her friends (lollipops, cookies, brownies, etc.) and they never did anything for me either.

I'm the same as pharmakos, when I was smoking weed all the time, I wanted to be high not enjoy myself and 'savor the flavor' so to speak. Bongs, home-made gravity bongs, or just pack a bowl and go to town. I never cared for joints/blunts unless I was only smoking with 1 other person and they could roll them (cause I never bothered to practice) and even then it was mostly because the other person wanted to or we didn't have a bowl.

• 1Solidarity

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I love the act of smoking itself.. So I tend to buy dirt cheap CBD weed and depending how high I feel like getting, mix in a small amount of THC weed. Then roll a joint and enjoy a beautiful sunset after a hike through the Colorado mountains, or just sitting on my porch. probably just sitting on my porch.

I don't like vaping but it is extremely convenient. The last few movies I saw, the theaters were filled with people vaping THC. perfect for stuff like that, sneaking in quick hits.

But if you're getting high at home just get the real shit unless you hate the smoke for some reason.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The last time I did edibles was literally a Grateful Dead show in high school.

This tells you a few things. It was absolute dogshit weed (probably 5%). I'm an old mother fucker. And I havent had any urge to do edibles for >25 years despite living in Oregon where candy with THC costs about the same and is about as readily available as regular candy.

We made lots of edibles back then. So its not like I just fucked up the dosage that one time. We also liked bong hits, and LSD. We liked drugs. These days, I'm not looking for a goddamn drug experience, its just pot. Something on a level with coffee, wine, and cigarettes (at least until the lung cancer naysayers killed the joy of that one and I quit with everyone else).

Maybe its possible to have a mellow, nobody can tell youre stoned, just sets the tone for the evening kind of buzz on edibles. My experience has been closer to a mild shroom trip both in intensity and duration. And that was with homemade brownies made with shit weed.