Weight Loss Thread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You're right, you're a tall fat greasy neckbeard who not only wears sissy gym gloves, but apparently always wears gloves.

But seriously, you look to be in decent shape

Here's some 'thinspiration' to put down that next Oreo. Suppose you got set up with this girl from a dating site. Aside from the wrist tats, seems pretty decent right?

GOAL-e1368106453207.jpg

Then let's say your second date is at the beach and it reveals .... this ....

bikini.jpg

frown.png

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Here's some 'thinspiration' to put down that next Oreo. Suppose you got set up with this girl from a dating site. Aside from the wrist tats, seems pretty decent right?

GOAL-e1368106453207.jpg

bikini.jpg

frown.png
argh

anyone know how to lose thigh fat specifically?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can't spot reduce fat. Lower you overall body fat levels and hope that it's one of the areas that goes first. It's 100% genetic.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

GOAL-e1368106453207.jpg

bikini.jpg

frown.png
Yeah they had an article on that chick, supposedly she lost a ton of weight but was left with that. yeesh. That has to suck balls. Does it go back to normal on its own ever or does it require surgery?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yeah they had an article on that chick, supposedly she lost a ton of weight but was left with that. yeesh. That has to suck balls. Does it go back to normal on its own ever or does it require surgery?
It depends on how severe the loose skin is. If it's just a little bit then it can go back to normal, but in her case, she'll certainly need surgery to remove it. That's a thing a lot of people don't think about when they lose weight. If you want to see more extreme cases than hers go ahead and peruse the "fat to fit" thread in the pictures section of the bodybuilding.com. It has got to be depressing as fuck to look so great in clothes but so disgusting naked.

Also, I can't even imagine what her tits are like now. Ugh.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not that. It's usually something you don't have to worry about unless we're talking at least 100 lbs, unless you're really short I guess. On the plus side the surgery to remove it has actually become quite affordable and you can sometimes get insurance to pay for it.

But why the hell is her right leg so much larger than her left? I don't think they have surgery for that

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
People on bodybuilding.com were actually discussing her, and the consensus was that she's actually got a ton of fat still. It's just more loose than she looked when she was very large. That pouch of shit on her stomach still probably contains a good 5-10 pounds of fat she could lose, which would tighten up her skin a bit. It still won't look attractive, but it'll look less alien than what she has now.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, so I'm track to break below 200 this week, down from a high of 245ish 2 years ago(and not much muscle) its not nearly so dramatic as what some of you guys have done, but I'm still pretty proud (my weight started to go up when I started dating my girlfriend this year, until I got her on track with the weight loss too) I'm down 13 lbs in 2 months and yea, that lady must have lost closer to 200. on the plus side, she's still young, a lot of that will repair itself even if she doesn't have surgery.

Just wanted to thank you guys, your advice, posting, and stories help keep me motivated.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not that. It's usually something you don't have to worry about unless we're talking at least 100 lbs, unless you're really short I guess. On the plus side the surgery to remove it has actually become quite affordable and you can sometimes get insurance to pay for it.

But why the hell is her right leg so much larger than her left? I don't think they have surgery for that
Her leg is turned sideways, her proportions are off, her legs aren't anywhere close to round, again though, to go from morbidly obese to a healthy weight is a good first step for her, now she needs to begin exercising and stay consistent.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Well, it's been three days (lol) and I feel more energetic after dancing for 30 mins every morning. Is this normal? Also, using myfitnesspal I'm usually around 1500/1600cals a day

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
People on bodybuilding.com were actually discussing her, and the consensus was that she's actually got a ton of fat still. It's just more loose than she looked when she was very large. That pouch of shit on her stomach still probably contains a good 5-10 pounds of fat she could lose, which would tighten up her skin a bit. It still won't look attractive, but it'll look less alien than what she has now.
Not sure if it would tighten it up, but it would look thiner and more wrinkly instead of... what she's got going on.

This is what I have to look forward to! So excited!

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Elurin - saw doctor, diagnosed with shingles. Pain isn't excruciating, can still lift. Fairly uncomfortable, definitely starting to itch. Got put on Acyclovir, 800mg tablets, 5x's a day. Fucking random ass virus.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow, what the fuck? What are the odds on that?

Hopefully they prescribed you some pain medication. I hate taking things for pain (even aceteminophen and ibuprofen) and so I turned down tylenol with codeine. Last Friday I was in agonizing pain. I almost went to the ER just to get something for it. Luckily regular tylenol was enough to keep me sane.

I'm about 1.5 weeks after starting Acyclovir (I think I had 6 days worth of it, 5x a day like yours) and I still have a decent amount of pain. I was actually able to work the entire week though. I think I first noticed the pain 2 weeks ago. I really hope I'm done with it by the end of the weekend.

I've gone to the gym 3 times since though. Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Sunday was miserable, and I probably made a mistake going, but the last two haven't been too entirely unpleasant.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Chicken pox is actually a form of herpes. You have it for the rest of your life, and if your immune system gets weakened for whatever reason it flares up in the form of shingles. It's usually something you find in older people because their immune system isn't as strong, but it's possible (very unlikely though) to get it at any age.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Woah, aren't you supposed to get the shingles at old age?
I read that a theory going around why more young people are getting shingles is the chickenpox vaccine. Kids don't get chickenpox anymore, so adult immune systems never get a jolt to build more antibodies for it. Without being exposed to chickenpox again, younger adults are more susceptible to getting a flare up of shingles. That's just a theory though.

I thought it was only old people too, but as soon as I got it and told people about it, I had all kinds of people telling me about their friends/relatives in their 20's and 30's who also had it.