Weight Loss Thread

Troll_sl

shitlord
So, down 3 lbs. in a week.

I really hate myself, sometimes. I have pretty amazing willpower... if I can just motivate myself to actually do anything. But that rarely fucking happens. I could have been at a normal weight a year ago, but I lost the motivation. Fortunately, I didn't balloon back up, and just stalled, and was able to maintain my weight.

Well, back to it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bros, I started getting painful cramps in my legs yesterday when running. It was when I first started running. That was a pretty awful feeling. I wasn't sure whether to stop or just power through. I kept going and it subsided after about 3 minutes or so. Not fun. Reading up online the consensus seems to be that it is probably due to dehydration. That has never happened to me before so it was disconcerting.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I get leg cramps...

In the middle of the fucking night. I'll be sleeping and then all of a sudden FUCK YOU LEG CRAMP OH GOD

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I used to get those pretty frequently, hasn't happened in a while thank god.

The cramps I had yesterday were in my thighs, inside of leg right above the knee.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are eating low carb, your body may be low on magnesium.
yea.. low carb can cause that shit.

I recently got off the whole low carb thing and went the opposite route. Keeping my fat intake under 50g a day. Friend of mine is going to compete as a bodybuilder and gave me his diet and workout. He went from a stocky 230 to a ripped 185 in the last 6 months or so. The diet is very much like body for life, which I've done in the past and had success with. The workout is pretty awesome too, just time consuming. Still about calories and hard work tho.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bros, I started getting painful cramps in my legs yesterday when running. It was when I first started running. That was a pretty awful feeling. I wasn't sure whether to stop or just power through. I kept going and it subsided after about 3 minutes or so. Not fun. Reading up online the consensus seems to be that it is probably due to dehydration. That has never happened to me before so it was disconcerting.
If it's dehydration I would be a little worried as you have stated that you are drinking like 4 gallons of water a day.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yesterday I had only had about 2 liters the entire day before I went to the gym, and I wake up at 4 and hit the gym at about 430 PM. I am not working nights anymore so I drink less now, but that felt especially low to me which is why dehydration made sense. If it happens again today I might look into some kind of supplement or something. I am not really eating low carb, just not eating a lot of carbs.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What do you mean by "felt especially low"? You were still thirsty after drinking 2 liters? Have you talked to a doctor yet?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I wasn't especially thirsty before going to the gym. Of course after 35 minutes on the weights I was thirsty. I just meant it felt like less than I normally drink.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
He is exaggerating, when I was working nights I was drinking 6-8 liters a day. Yesterday it was only 2 liters in a 12 hour period.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I vote you just stop running. Running is terrible, maybe this is the universe telling you that fact.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Meh, I want to not be fat so I run after weights. Someday.... someday.

Well nothing to report today. Today was an especially difficult day at the gym. I am trying to hit it hard now that I have time because I seriously slacked off during the spring due to school/work/laziness/kids/etc. So maybe it was just due to training hard or something. I doubt it though, most likely I have cancerbetes.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Meh, I want to not be fat so I run after weights. Someday.... someday.

Well nothing to report today. Today was an especially difficult day at the gym. I am trying to hit it hard now that I have time because I seriously slacked off during the spring due to school/work/laziness/kids/etc. So maybe it was just due to training hard or something. I doubt it though, most likely I have cancerbetes.
I understand the desire to get that cardio in and burn off extra calories. I've disliked running for a long, long time now. I don't know anyone who runs regularly and hasn't had some kind of leg/hip/joint problem. I stick to cycling for my cardio, whether on the stationary bike at the gym or riding a trail on a real bike. I've never run into any strains/pains/injuries doing that as my cardio.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
You shouldn't lift and do a good amount of cardio in the same day, just alternate it will lessen your chance of injury quite a bit.

Although I do enjoy running often I do currently have a hip injury from overuse, if you are just starting up a cardio regiment I would recommend you mix in elliptical or stationary bike equal to running.

I only run twice a week these days for injury prevention reasons.