Weight Loss Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
During our morning meeting today, we got on the topic of weight loss cause a guy I work with has to lose 40lbs to even be operated on. The fat girl in the office pulled the "I have to eat 1100 calories a day to even start to lose weight" excuse, took every inch of willpower to not say anything.

In McCheese related news, I ordered dominoes and crushed out a thing of cinnastix, 16 parmesa bites, and a medium pizza. I don't know how you do it, I still feel like death.
That's an impressive amount of food! Feeling that way is part of the experience. You've got to do it on days where you can sleep in and just lay around the whole next day.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
We're not talking about most people, we're talking about the adult male that thinks 1300 calories is a sensible amount to consume
Not sure why your panties are in such a wad. 1350-1500 is what myfitnesspal and calorieking recommend for me, @ mostly sedentary, to lose 2 lb a week.

Healthyweightforum.orgs calculator recommends even lower.

rrr_img_76855.png

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
What people are trying to point out, is that losing much more than 1lb a week when you're not hugely overweight to begin with is going a bit fast. Ossoi is mostly a retard, but in this case he's right. You're trying to lose 25 lbs that you gained over 6 months. Is there any reason that taking another 6 months to lose it is the end of the world?

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not sure why your panties are in such a wad. 1350-1500 is what myfitnesspal and calorieking recommend for me, @ mostly sedentary, to lose 2 lb a week.

rrr_img_76855.png
Is your goal to be skinny fat?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

rrr_img_76855.png
yeah fuck me and everyone else who's trying to help and said you're not eating enough.

As for panties in a bunch, probably because you sound like a keto-kult-kretin that seems to think ketosis can burn fat, grow muscle and cure cancer, and attempted to justify your beliefs with some irrelevant studies whilst thinking I wouldn't notice you posted the same study twice lol.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
I think progress that slow would knock me off the wagon. Right now though my motivation is very high because I'm seeing such fast results.

I guess I didn't really paint a full picture in my original post encouraging people to try keto if they're on the fence about it. I didn't mean to say I do 1300 a day. I aim for 1350-1500. I eat a little more depending on my daily activity level or if I run. I have cheat days, and by cheat days I mean booze days.
Look at September
rrr_img_76857.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
that picture isn't helping your cause - there's days there where you didn't even hit your 1300 target. What is the day where it looks like you barely scratched 1100 calories?? Seriously, when I was on a cut I ate 12-1300 calories from protein alone.

And, you might be getting "faster results" but the results are less quality than if you ate like an actual adult male instead of a teenage girl.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
yeah fuck me and everyone else who's trying to help and said you're not eating enough.

As for panties in a bunch, probably because you sound like a keto-kult-kretin that seems to think ketosis can burn fat, grow muscle and cure cancer, and attempted to justify your beliefs with some irrelevant studies whilst thinking I wouldn't notice you posted the same study twice lol.
Yeah I never claimed any of that except its great for burning fat. Studies were relevant.

that picture isn't helping your cause - there's days there where you didn't even hit your 1300 target. What is the day where it looks like you barely scratched 1100 calories?? Seriously, when I was on a cut I ate 12-1300 calories from protein alone.

And, you might be getting "faster results" but the results are less quality than if you ate like an actual adult male instead of a teenage girl.
So what you ate what 50% protein? What I've read says excess protein gets turned into glucose. Eating like actual adult american male made me look like one. Id prefer lithe/otter mode like a teenage girl. I'm not a musclehead bodybuilder, I'm a long distance runner.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Studies weren't relevant to you as they weren't eating -1000 calories a day

And my 300g protein a day didn't kick me out of ketosis

And lol at thinking eating like a grown man will make you look like a bodybuilder

Do you really need me to explain why losing what little muscle mass you have is bad?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
this was me at the end of my cut, 5"11 and 163lbs. I bet you and I don't look similar despite our similar height and weight

rrr_img_76860.jpg

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
That's an impressive amount of food! Feeling that way is part of the experience. You've got to do it on days where you can sleep in and just lay around the whole next day.
Yeah I had to work/ride my bike into work at eight this morning, I was not feeling well. I also had a liter of cherry coke and a 40 of pabst as dessert. I think I had Scratchs weekly calories in one sitting.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I will chime in on this next week. I have been eating 1900 calories consistently (except for my state fair blowout) for the past 10 weeks. I have dropped ~15 lbs (~195 > 180). Next week I will be going to the bod pod again to get BF% to compare to 10 weeks ago. I would say I have been eating pretty well around 50-60% fat, 25 -35% protein, and the rest are carbs. I haven't checked if I have been in ketosis for a while, but I am losing weight so I haven't really cared.

Honestly, even while on Keto, I would be disappointed eating only 1100 calories. I may be limiting, but I still love food. I am more scared of being upset with my end result than I am of being overweight. The more muscle loss, the more saggy skin, etc.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Is it just me or is there seriously something weird about Ossoi's proportions? His body looks all fucked up. I mean he's got a fair amount of muscle and basically no flab, but shit just looks weird in that picture.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Is it just me or is there seriously something weird about Ossoi's proportions? His body looks all fucked up. I mean he's got a fair amount of muscle and basically no flab, but shit just looks weird in that picture.
Sort of, I'm 6'3 and 166 but more muscular looking and a bit higher bodyfat. Sounds skinny and sort of is but I have female super model legs that probably put me a good 10-15 pounds lower than someone with actual grown man legs. I think it's probably that he's got some guns but almost no chest. Not hatin though, he got pretty shredded.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the arms look way bigger than the chest and legs, I think that's it. But yeah, I'd take that over my pudginess any day.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the arms look way bigger than the chest and legs, I think that's it. But yeah, I'd take that over my pudginess any day.
He has like no chest muscle. His shoulders and arms however are bigger. Makes him look like popeye.