Weight Loss Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yes, it is a stretch. 155 is newb, never lifted before territory. Getting to the point where you can bench 265 you shouldn't lose all the muscle you've put on over 18 months. He literally lost every ounce of muscle he gained in that time. That's not typical, nor is it normal.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It was about 6 months of physical therapy with another 18 months of strict no lifting/strenuous movement, basically mandated sedentary lifestyle. My back and neck were fucked up really bad and picking up anything heavier than like my bicycle was just pain. I'm down almost a 100lbs from my heavy lifting days, and those 100lbs took a ton of my strength with them.

It's coming back relatively quickly at least though, it's like being a complete noob all over again. I get to add 5-10lbs to everything like bi-weekly, so it's at least a little fun. Only been back to lifting for about 5 weeks now, so I have a long, long way to go. I think in the end it might work out of the better, as this was basically an epic forced-cut so maybe I'll finally have abs come spring.

Khane

Well you didn't really lose all that muscle or strength then, which is why you can up the weight so quickly. You're just taking it slow. Which is smart.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Thin to be sure but not terribly bad. It was the only way to get the gut off and theres still some there.

Khane

Yeah you definitely still have a gut. I can see why you're so upset.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Bro... tribal tat?

frown.png

Khane

Bro... tribal tat?

frown.png
Nah dude it's not done yet. It's a shitload of tuning forks, he's getting the dogs added once his guy gets back from vacation. Finishing touch is a bowl of sugar for the dogs to salivate over.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I think I just had someone show interest in me for the first time in my life... and like a retard I did nothing.

I need to stop drinking in the middle of the day (morning for me).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Down to 227 this morning. No idea what's going on.
You might be displacing your weight on the scale. If you're leaning on something or part of your foot is off the scale or something you can easily fudge it.

That or you just took a huge dump and drained all your excess water.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
2014Q3 BodPod is in the books. It is convenient because they keep records of your past visits and give the changes to you as part of the results. First visit was 7/15/14, so about 10 weeks apart.

Results

Weight: 194.9 > 176.7
Lean Mass: 155.9 > 152.4
BF%: 20% > 13.8%

All in all, I hit the best case scenario in the spreadsheet that I utilize for forecasting my weight loss and goals. I also hit my 'expected' lean mass loss right in the middle. I was hoping to lose between 2 and 4 lbs. for every 15ish lbs. lost. Really I was hoping for lower but I was trying to manage expectations.

I even managed to drop a pound or two over the past couple of weeks of inactivity because of my rib. I didn't taper my diet too much, eating between 1600 - 1900 calories / day. I should be able to go back to the gym and start hitting Q4 pretty hard the week after next. Assuming I do not get injured again I will be back on track.

The goal for Q4 is to get into the high 160s, around another 12 lbs lost. This should put me in the region of 165 lbs, 150lbs lean mass, 9% body fat. At that point I will need to evaluate my loose skin situation and figure out what next. I am planning on using myself as a guinea pig for the 'you don't need surgery, you need fat loss' skin scenario. According to the internet, living for 6 - 12 months at a very low BF% can be all some folks need to reclaim most loose skin. I would like to be in group of people. Of course, we are coming up on holiday season so this could be a tough few months.