Weight Loss Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Muscle, flesh (organs etc), and blood contains water. Fat contains much less water. 75% of muscle mass is water, while only 10% of fat mass is water. .

You were on ignore after I felt it necessary to repeatedly paste previous comments until they sank in.

You are still on ignore but I've been helping people and answering questions in this thread for four years.

Lo and behold, it's necessary to remind you exactly what I said

Fat mass + Bone mass + Muscle mass = 100% of the body composition. Fat and Muscle contain water so the body water reading is separate to those.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. For body composition all that matters is fat vs lean mass (everything not fat), my bone mass doesn't change so it's irrelevant, water is nice to know from a health perspective but I know I drink 4litres+ of water a day.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
You mean you ignored me when you repeatedly got owned and couldn't answer simple questions? I remember. You almost got thread banned for it.

I wasn't going to bring that up, I don't know why you felt the need to snarky comment what I said. You posted something that, while technically correct, was disingenuous and misleading. I once again corrected you.

If that's an example of your "advice" there's no wonder why everyone else in this thread is calling you out as giving shitty advice.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really, only a few people were calling Ossoi's advice shitty.

I think his adherence to "body transformation" nonsense is retarded, but that's just a personal opinion more than anything else. It works because it is common sense, not because the person giving the advice has magical powers. That exact same advice applies to literally everyone, so it isn't the dude giving the advice as being magical in any way/shape/form. A "body transformation" expert is Dr. Phil with a different angle. Oh really, if I eat less than I use, I will lose weight over time? Thanks random british queernozzle!

It's more that the -way- that Ossoi gives his advice that is shitty. Kind of like Himeo and his insane "SUGARS KILL EVERYONE" nonsense when they are a key component to a lot of daily functions. Eating shitloads of sugar is bad, but if you regimen it like every other nutrient it is not only healthy but a needed resource for any sort of real muscle gain.* But it is super easy to parachute in and say "Everyone is killing themselves thanks to sugar. STOP EATING SUGAR; HERE'S A BOOK BY SOME ASSHOLE WHO LITERALLY SAYS THAT GOING NO SUGAR IS A NET NEGATIVE, BUT I AM CHERRY-PICKING THIS SHIT." Ossoi doesn't sugarcoat stuff, or put it in a readable format without being condescending a lot of the time. That's his MO; doesn't make his advice shitty, just the delivery is kind of shitty.

*f off keto kids; your gains are incredibly minor to someone who isn't restricting themselves thus. See: bodybuilders/powerlifters all over the world since forever.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Well it's funny that Sylas Sylas admitted that:

You posted something that, while technically correct, was disingenuous and misleading. I once again corrected you.
<-- how exactly does correcting someone who is correct work??????????

What he seems to have been unaware of is that I was explaining how my particular set of scales measure body composition, as explained the water reading is separate.

But anyway, he's on ignore and it's amusing to see how many people in the GOT thread also think he's an idiot

And on the "body transformation" stuff, it's more that rather than focus on weight loss - eg the number scale, I think body fat and muscle mass are better metrics to be concerned with.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I haven't read or posted in this thread.

I started keto on Aug 1 @235 pounds and 6 feet tall.

I don't miss carbs other than I normally drink my carbs in the form of lemonade and some soda. Recently cut back from soda at home and only get it when eating out so that was lessened.

I do feel a slight perpetual hunger but not like I am dying, more like my brain thinks it's hungry even if it ate enough.

This is more of a temporary reset on my system with hopefully a little bit of weight loss to the point I can comfortably pick up exercising again.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Week 1 - 7 pounds lost.

Anything is possible I guess but it seems unlikely that you'd have a 24,500 calorie deficit through the week which would be required to lose 7lbs in a week. Even if you ate 0 calories and just drank water and vitamins so you don't die you'd probably only lose 5lbs a week or so (like This Guy Didn’t Eat for 382 Days—and Didn’t Poop for Almost 2 Months! this guy who actually ate nothing and lost nearly 300lbs).

More likely you didn't weigh yourself under consistent conditions for beginning and end and resulted in some measurement error.

Weigh yourself every morning after you piss but before you shower. Average those measurements at the end of the week. Look at the week to week average change. A *very* aggressive diet & exercise will see a person lose 2-3lbs per week.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Anything is possible I guess but it seems unlikely that you'd have a 24,500 calorie deficit through the week which would be required to lose 7lbs in a week. Even if you ate 0 calories and just drank water and vitamins so you don't die you'd probably only lose 5lbs a week or so (like This Guy Didn’t Eat for 382 Days—and Didn’t Poop for Almost 2 Months! this guy who actually ate nothing and lost nearly 300lbs).

More likely you didn't weigh yourself under consistent conditions for beginning and end and resulted in some measurement error.

Weigh yourself every morning after you piss but before you shower. Average those measurements at the end of the week. Look at the week to week average change. A *very* aggressive diet & exercise will see a person lose 2-3lbs per week.
I don't expect it to stay gone. I wouldn't doubt tomorrow I weigh in and those are all back.

I always weigh in the morning under those exact conditions listed but I only do it once every 7 days.

I don't read anything healt or fitness related so I have no clue what I am doing, I just heard a lot of friends and family doing this keto thing so I told the wife to make it happen.

Yesterday according to the app that I put all my food into I ate 800 calories and 13g of carbs.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I don't expect it to stay gone. I wouldn't doubt tomorrow I weigh in and those are all back.

I always weigh in the morning under those exact conditions listed but I only do it once every 7 days.

I don't read anything healt or fitness related so I have no clue what I am doing, I just heard a lot of friends and family doing this keto thing so I told the wife to make it happen.

Yesterday according to the app that I put all my food into I ate 800 calories and 13g of carbs.

Weight is surely going to fall off of you eating 800 calories, but thats not particularly healthy. Much better to eat 1500-1700 and lose weight more slowly.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Weight is surely going to fall off of you eating 800 calories, but thats not particularly healthy. Much better to eat 1500-1700 and lose weight more slowly.
Yeah that 800 calories is not a habit. Just getting into the groove of what I can or cannot eat so it's a learning process now.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Pretty common to drop a lot of water weight after you initially go low/no carb. I'm sure that's much of the 7 pounds. Still, good job.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Pretty common to drop a lot of water weight after you initially go low/no carb. I'm sure that's much of the 7 pounds. Still, good job.
I wish it was water weight. Really wish it was. I don't drink enough fluid at all now.

I bet it was real weight but I bet I don't lose nearly as much the next few weeks. I might stall at this.

I think it was purely the starvation mode start to all this before I figured out what I could start eating. Not healthy loss at all.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
It was waste/water weight. You didn't create that kind of deficit in a week. Fairly normal to see that kind of drop in the first week, as mentioned.

Use the calculators here (Simple Science Fitness) to get a rough estimate of your daily intake, subtract from that for healthy weight loss. 800cals a day is asinine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I wish it was water weight. Really wish it was. I don't drink enough fluid at all now.

I bet it was real weight but I bet I don't lose nearly as much the next few weeks. I might stall at this.

I think it was purely the starvation mode start to all this before I figured out what I could start eating. Not healthy loss at all.

Carbohydrates hold water in your cells. No carbohydrates in the diet = nothing to keep hold of the water, so your body loses the water weight. It's normal in the first few days to lose a couple of kg

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
My entire dissertation was about the deals made between Reagan and the corn industry to keep pumping HFCS into the mainstream, keeping the diary industry alive, and the war on fat when they knew sugar was the issue.

Thankfully I haven't been hunted down and killed yet.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Going for a dexa scan later today, I'm at 160lbs and 5'11,, would like to be at 10% body fat but it's easy to underestimate the actual %, I think 12% is more likely

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
so 13.7% body fat which worked out as 10.4kg fat and 65.7kg lean mass (muscle and bone), was actually pretty close to my withings/nokia wi-fi scale results.

Apparently I can ignore the "Head" results because the scan assumes the brain is fat or something, so just based on limbs/torso I was at 12.8%

I've always stopped cutting at 160lbs but will try and go lower to get to 10% for the first time.

DrFukasaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have dropped 50lbs over the last 9 months by doing two things. First I don't drink any calories and second before 5pm I only eat raw fruit/veggies after 5pm I can have whatever I want for dinner. A few times I have hand lunch shindigs and when that's the case I only eat the veggies after 5pm that day.