Weight Loss Thread

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Considering I don't want to weigh less then 175, I'll be fine with 25lbs lost. Fuck, you people are what's wrong with the weight loss community. (If you weren't trying to be a dick then I apologize.)
Wat kind o' logic insanity are you running here. You should want to weigh as little as possible while retaining muscle mass. Being 15% bf and 190 is way different than being 190 and 35% bf...

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm happy with how I looked at my previous weight and build, that's what I went to get back too. If something else makes you happy then more power to you.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Definitely give up soda, its just bad for you in general. My landlord is a dentist, he hates the stuff and says it should be outlawed for what it does to your teeth.

If you like the carbonated type stuff, what helped me get off soda was sparkling water. Most supermarkets carry a few flavors, but Wal-Mart goes balls out with a variety of flavors. The stuff tastes like all different types of off-cola sodas like orange, cherry 7-up, Sprite, pineapple, and various others. Its flavored carbonated water, so has 0% everything across the board: no carbs, no protein, no sugar, no sodium, etc. Only thing is that it has Phenylalanine, which apparently is bad for people who have seizures or something.

I gave up soda years ago and never regret it. Two weeks after going cold turkey I felt fucking great. I've had some a few times since then, and it just tastes awful to me now, like trying to drink a bottle of pancake syrup.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Depends on the pancake syrup. The Berry Syrup from Perkins is bomb as hell.
tongue.png

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I switched from soda to unsweetened ice tea. I can drink like a gallon a day if I want without wondering wtf it is or worrying that I am sabotaging myself, and it tastes good and is refreshing. And has caffeine, a must when you have to get up at 4 for work.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Unsweetened iced tea tastes like shit to me. I wish I could stand it because it is a good alternative beverage.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
P.S. I just noticed that Noodleface's noodle face has become a sad, crying face. I don't know why but that makes me feel sad in my soul. Cheer up, friend.
In the cop thread I watched the video of them shooting a guy's dog and mentioned I was sad. Some forum knight made me the new avatar to reflect this mood change.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Unsweetened iced tea tastes like shit to me. I wish I could stand it because it is a good alternative beverage.
It is an acquired taste thing. My dad only drank unsweetened iced tea, so growing up that is what I drank. I finally got my wife drinking it now instead of soda, it took her some time to get used to it but she managed it and now it tastes good.

I haven't really experienced tea staining my teeth. That I know of... ;(

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I switched from soda to unsweetened ice tea. I can drink like a gallon a day if I want without wondering wtf it is or worrying that I am sabotaging myself, and it tastes good and is refreshing. And has caffeine, a must when you have to get up at 4 for work.
The nectar of the gods.

My insides contort whenever I see people fucking up perfectly good tea by adding 400 Sweet N Low packets to it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
8AM 13.8% bodyfat
8:11 13.8% bodyfat
8:26 13.8% bodyfat
8:37 13.7% bodyfat (took a dump)
8:45 13.8% bodyfat (ate an english muffin)
9:00 13.8% bodyfat
9:15 14.9% bodyfat (ate an m&m YOU CANT EXPLAIN THAT)
9:24 13.8% bodyfat (ingested coconut oil)

I'll give you guys the complete log later, and then daily.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It seems like every time I come in this thread like "hey let's read people sharing about weight loss struggles and strategies! maybe I can share my own progress, I'm doing really well now!" it is something about Ossoi losing 1.5% body fat over the course of a couple of days due to some nebulous bullshit and like 10 people telling him he is stupid or whatever. The same 10 people, every time. And every time I wonder "hey I wonder how many people come here to post and see this stupid bullshit and just go away."
5'10"
AROUND! Mostly dude to my diet of 40% coconut oil, I only have 9.743% body fat though.
Why?
You didn't even last a month! Welcome to the fun part of the thread.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
What's bad about diet soda? Besides acids eating at your tooth enamel.
Diet coke is actually claimed to be even worse for you than regular coke. There is more caffeine in Diet Coke than regular. Higher doses of chemical sweeteners such as Aspartame (linked with Cancer, Diabetes, Weight loss hinderance since it is fooling your brain that you are drinking something sweet) are used since natural sugar is omitted.

Here's a video with some facts about Soda, Diet Soda and Caffeine (I like this youtube channel; came for the tits, stayed for the health and nutrition information)

Some more information about Diet coke

How Diet Soda Makes You Fat (and Other Food and Diet Industry Secrets) - Huffington Post

A new 14-year study of 66,118 women (supported by many other previous studies) found that the opposite seems to be true. Diet drinks may be worse than sugar-sweetened drinks, which are worse than fruit juices (but only fresh-squeezed fruit juices).

The study, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, discovered some frightening facts that should make us all swear off diet drinks and products.

1. Diet sodas raised the risk of diabetes more than sugar-sweetened sodas!
2. Women who drank one 12-ounce diet soda had a 33 percent increased risk of Type 2 diabetes, and women who drank one 20-ounce soda had a 66 percent increased risk.
3. Women who drank diet sodas drank twice as much as those who drank sugar-sweetened sodas because artificial sweeteners are more addictive and are hundreds to thousands of times sweeter than regular sugar.
4. The average diet soda drinker consumes three diet drinks a day.

You might say that people who are overweight and just about to get diabetes drink more diet soda, but they scientifically controlled for body weight. And they found the artificial sweeteners increased diabetes independent of body weight!

This and other research shows how diet sodas make people fat and sick.

And that diet drinks may be even worse than regular sugar-sweetened sodas! How does that happen?

Artificial sweeteners are hundreds to thousands of times sweeter than regular sugar, activating our genetically-programmed preference for sweet taste more than any other substance.

1. They trick your metabolism into thinking sugar is on its way. This causes your body to pump out insulin, the fat storage hormone, which lays down more belly fat.
2. It also confuses and slows your metabolism down, so you burn fewer calories every day.
3. It makes you hungrier and crave even more sugar and starchy carbs like bread and pasta.
4. In animal studies, the rats that consumed artificial sweeteners ate more, their metabolism slowed, and they put on 14 percent more body fat in just two weeks -- even eating fewer calories.
5. In population studies, there was a 200 percent increased risk of obesity in diet soda drinkers.

Bottom line: There is no free ride. Diet drinks are not good substitutes for sugar-sweetened drinks. They increase cravings, weight gain, and Type 2 diabetes. And they are addictive.