Weight Loss Thread

• Some things are broken. We are working on it. See the XF 2.2 Complaints thread for updates as they are available.

Locnar

Trakanon Raider
32d 1h 15m
But you can't cheat. You break the chain if you cheat. And have to start over. Which I doubt is good for your body.

Yeah I am realizing this. It seems every two weeks I get fatigued with the keto and have a massive cheat day where I gorge on bad stuff. The results are 5lbs of water weight overnight plus maybe a pound or two of fat. Basically wipes out a weeks worth of work. I've started to record daily weight on a calendar and its becoming clear and I'm not going to get to my goal unless I stop with the cheating.

Ossoi

I'm With HER ♀
21d 4h 57m
Yeah I am realizing this. It seems every two weeks I get fatigued with the keto and have a massive cheat day where I gorge on bad stuff. The results are 5lbs of water weight overnight plus maybe a pound or two of fat. Basically wipes out a weeks worth of work. I've started to record daily weight on a calendar and its becoming clear and I'm not going to get to my goal unless I stop with the cheating.

Water weight is irrelevant, and you'd have to eating 3500-7000 calories more than you burnt to gain 1-2 lbs of fat

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
49d 3h 29m
When you say massive cheat day, what are we talking?

Also, why are you concerned about water weight? If I was you, I'd stop looking at the scale and start focusing all your willpower on pushing through the issues you are encountering every two weeks. If you are getting tired of keto, are you eating the same thing every day? Have you tried making some of the more interesting keto recipes to see if those can stave off your boredom?

Ossoi

I'm With HER ♀
21d 4h 57m
How much would you say water weight can fluctuate in a 5'10'' 210lbs male?

I came back from holiday at the start of September and my weight was 164lbs, I'm 5'11.

I continued to lift regularly but my diet gradually got more relaxed, and I started eating more bread. Can't remember the exact foods but it would have been a takeaway of some kind which spiked me up to 169lbs in the middle of the month.

I booked another trip that same week and by Saturday I'd shed all the water weight and was the same weight I was at the start of the month

My scales, which I've used daily for almost 4 years typically give me a range of 94lbs water weight (zero-low carb) to 103lbs water weight (high carb or after an excessively high sugar day)

Screenshot_20200928-205900.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
27d 14h 1m
So, I've always been fat and during the lockdowns here I got fatter, like really gross, the biggest I've ever been in my life. I'm nowhere near my 600lbs life, but I was halfway there.

Back in May I said that was enough. I have a back injury which I'm hopefully going to start getting correct in Nov but its causing issues with my right leg. I can still bike, but anything high impact is off the table. So, I bought a bike and biked my fat ass a minimum of 8 miles a day, topping out on a 28 mile ride one day.

I gave up all sodas, and I went to, without even trying intermittent fasting. I only eat one meal a day, not because I force myself to, but because that's all that I get hungry for now. If I try to eat I already feel full until around 5pm hits and then I have a good meal (literally whatever and however much I want) and then sometimes I'll have small ice cream for dessert.

I have a couple of health nut friends that say once I stop I'm going to gain like crazy but for the whole month of Aug I was off this diet. I drank sodas, I ate 2 to 3 meals a day and went crazy and didn't bike at all (my kids were in town and we were traveling around, camping and doing fun shit together) After they left I weighed myself and I gained 4lbs, which I lost in less than a week. So I guess I'm not worried about rebounds an honestly, this isn't hard for me, it's not a challenge at all. I don't even think about it. My doctor says I'm fine, all my levels are good and he's behind me.

Other than that ice cream I intake almost no processed sugars either.

Anyways, to get to it the point of this post, I'm down 50lbs. my goal is 50 more. I guess we'll see how it goes!