Weight Loss Thread

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I’m 15 pounds lighter since that last pic and down to 172 from 306. Also the same doctor that recommended me to the shitty dietician when he did blood work to check my A1C found “alarming ketone levels” and thought I might be in danger of going into diabetic keto acidosis and might need to be admitted to the hospital. I told that man I’m no longer even type two according to the blood work don’t need the cholesterol or the high blood pressure medicine anymore and to top it off I’m not a type one diabetic my body can handle ketones, I’m going to find a new doctor and walked out without paying my copay.

Attachments

• 0D120172-AB1B-47DB-9822-ED3F89A5D1FB.jpeg
    0D120172-AB1B-47DB-9822-ED3F89A5D1FB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • 140C3745-946F-4495-A15C-79E515EE0D79.jpeg
    140C3745-946F-4495-A15C-79E515EE0D79.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Sounds like if you were 120 pounds over, someone was the idiot but not your doctor. “What? I can’t drink a liter of Dr Pepper every day??” What’s next on the air your grievances with medical professionals show?
I was ignorant, not an idiot. It’s an important distinction, my doctors were in fact proven idiots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
People put to much trust in doctors, I was one of them, they need to be looked at with the same skepticism as mechanics. He’s a doctor he knows what he’s talking about, she’s a dietician just listen to her it’s your fault you aren’t losing weight following her plan you must be cheating and not doing what she says.

Congrats on your weight loss, you look much better.

• 1Worf

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Congrats on your weight loss, you look much better.
Thank you, people in your profession failed me and failed at things they should know. I had to get frustrated with being called a liar to push me to do my own research and find out how the human body works to be successful, they either knew what they were telling me were lies or they were ignorant, you decide which is worse. Being ignorant is ok, provided you aren’t ignorant in your field of study.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Also to the people wanting a quick fix, that’s true it just turns out the quick fix hardly anyone in the medical field recommends to people when it comes to weight loss, they recommend bullshit that takes forever and always fails. Ever wonder why they don’t have reunion episodes of the biggest loser, around 99% of them all put the weight back on and it’s not their fault. They can’t possibly exercise as much, they reduced their caloric intake drastically lowering their metabolism and continue eating the same caloric restricted diet and start gaining weight.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Saying it's Dr's fault people are fat and absolving fatties of any personal responsibility is pretty dumb

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Saying it's Dr's fault people are fat and absolving fatties of any personal responsibility is pretty dumb
I’m not absolving anyone of personal responsibilities, I’m saying people are fed misinformation and trust people are supposed to be authorities on subject. Imagine someone is teaching you how to code and they teach you some fucked up method that worked but took longer and always led to failure, is it the students fault his teacher told him the wrong shit? The information I found out on how the human body operates in regards to storing and burning energy was never told to me by anyone or taught in any school I ever attended, the same shit mantra repeated time after time “calories in calories out eat less move more”.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I’m not absolving anyone of personal responsibilities, I’m saying people are fed misinformation and trust people are supposed to be authorities on subject. Imagine someone is teaching you how to code and they teach you some fucked up method that worked but took longer and always led to failure, is it the students fault his teacher told him the wrong shit? The information I found out on how the human body operates in regards to storing and burning energy was never told to me by anyone or taught in any school I ever attended, the same shit mantra repeated time after time “calories in calories out eat less move more”.

It's the Dr's fault, it's all the schools' fault, it's everyone else's fault but yours.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
It's the Dr's fault, it's all the schools' fault, it's everyone else's fault but yours.
Look at my picture, you think If given the correct information I would have got where I was and stayed for so long after continually failing doing what I was told was the right thing? I’m not placing blame entirely, I’m stating the professionals we trust are feeding us bullshit.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I had shitty doctors, and shittier dietician. Literally had better success with a google search and and YouTube. Doctor had the conversation I described earlier paraphrased of course, when I pressed him he said to cut calories “calories in calories out” eat less and move more and recommended me to a dietician. Dietician had the same shitty advice as him except she gave me meal plans. Googled the cure for type two diabetes came across Doctor Jason Fung and read his book the diabetes code and watched him talk on YouTube which lead to fasting channels and in 3 months no more type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol. I’d been taking high blood pressure and cholesterol medicine for years, move more and eat less is one of the biggest fucking lies told by people in your profession. I dropped over 120 pounds without ever fucking exercising.

"All doctors are stupid!" "Dr Fung saved my life!"

• 1Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Thank you, people in your profession failed me and failed at things they should know. I had to get frustrated with being called a liar to push me to do my own research and find out how the human body works to be successful, they either knew what they were telling me were lies or they were ignorant, you decide which is worse. Being ignorant is ok, provided you aren’t ignorant in your field of study.

Excuse me, who did you go look up on Youtube that changed your life? *DR* Fung? LOL.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
"All doctors are stupid!" "Dr Fung saved my life!"
That’s not a direct quote and you know it, not all doctors are stupid just every single one that’s treated me for my type two diabetes, cholesterol and high blood pressure all of which were cured by a guy in a different country who never once spoke to me or had any contact with me. Though I did get a call from his office when they asked why I sent them a check for $500 and told them how his advice helped. Sending him that check was a pain in the fucking ass I had to get a check book which is something i haven’t owned this century. I can’t stress enough that I don’t “blame everyone but me” but you can’t be expected to succeed when everyone including professionals set you up for failure. The shit Jason Fung explains is really and simple to understand and if people were taught this in school instead of the same bullshit that’s being taught now and spread by healthcare professionals only sets people up for failure.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Excuse me, who did you go look up on Youtube that changed your life? *DR* Fung? LOL.
I looked up how to cure type two diabetes after I failed for months with a dietician who I was recommended to see by my doctor. I found the book by Doctor Jason Fung, read it and that just led to a rabbit hole to YouTube watching videos by him and Thomas DeLauer.

• 1Moron

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Also to the people wanting a quick fix, that’s true it just turns out the quick fix hardly anyone in the medical field recommends to people when it comes to weight loss, they recommend bullshit that takes forever and always fails. Ever wonder why they don’t have reunion episodes of the biggest loser, around 99% of them all put the weight back on and it’s not their fault. They can’t possibly exercise as much, they reduced their caloric intake drastically lowering their metabolism and continue eating the same caloric restricted diet and start gaining weight.

And... they don't have self control. They can't help themselves from stopping by McDonalds and picking up an extra large meal with a regular coke, consuming 1800 calories in 30 minutes, they can't bring themselves to do any real exercise, and they play the victim card.. Honestly that's kind what you are doing. You sit here and say all doctors are shit, and then you suck the dick of Dr Fung MD, which is completely hypocritical of you. You could have at least found a yogi that wasn't a MD.

BUT -

I don't know shit about dieting or the most effective way to lose weight. That's not my area, and I would have sent you to a dietician like the doc you hate did. If the dietician sucks, sorry, find a new one. Your PCP's specialty is diagnosing your medical problems, managing your diabetes, figuring out what is causing your hypothyroidism, perfecting your medications for heart failure, figuring out why your liver enzymes are so elevated, etc. My expertise is acute critical care. I couldn't speak intelligently about dieting, and I wouldn't know more than a couple of things to order to workup the weird diseases your PCP could figure out.

We could all say medicine doesn't do enough to prevent people from ending up bad in the first place, but at some point, like everyone else has commented, its the patients responsibility to know that drinking 10 dr peppers a day isn't good for you.

Boy this has sure diverged from conspiracy theorists thinking hospitals intubate patients for money.

• 1Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I’m 15 pounds lighter since that last pic and down to 172 from 306. Also the same doctor that recommended me to the shitty dietician when he did blood work to check my A1C found “alarming ketone levels” and thought I might be in danger of going into diabetic keto acidosis and might need to be admitted to the hospital. I told that man I’m no longer even type two according to the blood work don’t need the cholesterol or the high blood pressure medicine anymore and to top it off I’m not a type one diabetic my body can handle ketones, I’m going to find a new doctor and walked out without paying my copay.

Question, did something happen to you to make you balloon up to 306?

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The shit Jason Fung explains is really and simple to understand and if people were taught this in school instead of the same bullshit that’s being taught now and spread by healthcare professionals only sets people up for failure.

In med school they teach the most basic shit about diet, etc. We learn why things like diabetes are harmful, and how eating certain foods causes diabetes, and how diabetes destroys your body, and how to treat it. But we don't learn that food X has more Y than food Z. There's simply not enough time and that's not our goal. Med school teaches physiology and then teaches you pathology, so you understand exactly how disease processes work, which lets your diagnose them, and then treat them. Thats why I would never pretend to sit there and argue diet with someone or counsel someone on appropriate dietary changes beyond the obvious. And thats why your doc probably sent you to the dietician. If the dietician sucks, I'm sorry, let the doc know and they can send you to another one.

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
And... they don't have self control. They can't help themselves from stopping by McDonalds and picking up an extra large meal with a regular coke, consuming 1800 calories in 30 minutes, they can't bring themselves to do any real exercise, and they play the victim card.. Honestly that's kind what you are doing. You sit here and say all doctors are shit, and then you suck the dick of Dr Fung MD, which is completely hypocritical of you. You could have at least found a yogi that wasn't a MD.

BUT -

I don't know shit about dieting or the most effective way to lose weight. That's not my area, and I would have sent you to a dietician like the doc you hate did. If the dietician sucks, sorry, find a new one. Your PCP's specialty is diagnosing your medical problems, managing your diabetes, figuring out what is causing your hypothyroidism, perfecting your medications for heart failure, figuring out why your liver enzymes are so elevated, etc. My expertise is acute critical care. I couldn't speak intelligently about dieting, and I wouldn't know more than a couple of things to order to workup the weird diseases your PCP could figure out.

We could all say medicine doesn't do enough to prevent people from ending up bad in the first place, but at some point, like everyone else has commented, its the patients responsibility to know that drinking 10 dr peppers a day isn't good for you.

Boy this has sure diverged from conspiracy theorists thinking hospitals intubate patients for money.
I did have self control, my problem was trusting those who were supposed to know about this. I followed that woman’s plan to the letter, didn’t deviate one bit. I’m currently 68 hours into a 72 hour fast I have plenty of will power, I’ve gone 7 days without eating only 1 cup of coffee black in the morning green tea by pique and water/carbonated water. I’ve done a 48 hour dry fast. Will power is not my problem, trusting people whose job it is to know these things was my problem.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I did have self control, my problem was trusting those who were supposed to know about this. I followed that woman’s plan to the letter, didn’t deviate one bit. I’m currently 68 hours into a 72 hour fast I have plenty of will power, I’ve gone 7 days without eating only 1 cup of coffee black in the morning green tea by pique and water/carbonated water. I’ve done a 48 hour dry fast. Will power is not my problem, trusting people whose job it is to know these things was my problem.

So... Your solution to weight loss is starving yourself to death... ??? Yes I know what you are going to say about insulin levels. But damn man.

Bro ..

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
sounds like the survivor diet, i mean it works
1614878069968.jpeg

day 1 to day 35

• 1Like