Weight Loss Thread

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Question, did something happen to you to make you balloon up to 306?
I got married and my wife could legitimately get a job as a chef, my weakness is baked goods and pasta. I was already getting big from being a CDL driver and was 230 but once my wife got a hold of me I ballooned up. After I was diagnosed with type two diabetes I did very I was told, I literally bought food scales and measured the food to be precise as the meal plans I was given. It was all horse shit, when I failed it was my fault I didn’t adhere to the plan I wasn’t being honest and was lying according to my doctor and dietician. I did everything I was told, 6 months and I lost 3 fucking pounds and was completely miserable and hungry. Now I go days without eating and never even have so much as a hunger pain and have lost over 125 pounds. Clearly as Ambiturner and my doctors believed I was the problem, not the information I was given.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I got married and my wife could legitimately get a job as a chef, my weakness is baked goods and pasta. I was already getting big from being a CDL driver and was 230 but once my wife got a hold of me I ballooned up. After I was diagnosed with type two diabetes I did very I was told, I literally bought food scales and measured the food to be precise as the meal plans I was given. It was all horse shit, when I failed it was my fault I didn’t adhere to the plan I wasn’t being honest and was lying according to my doctor and dietician. I did everything I was told, 6 months and I lost 3 fucking pounds and was completely miserable and hungry. Now I go days without eating and never even have so much as a hunger pain and have lost over 125 pounds. Clearly as Ambiturner and my doctors believed I was the problem, not the information I was given.

I started intermittent fasting because of Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

How hard is it to go without eating that long? How long was the break in period? I don't think I could go that long. My problem is my work is stressful and I guess it gives me relief to eat something stupid, or an excuse to leave the department for a couple of minutes. And my shifts go back and forth, days, nights, 24s, without any pattern. So today I had breakfast after I got off a shift, and I'm going to go sleep right now, then wake up and eat something shitty on my way to work, then I'll be starving by midnight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I did have self control, my problem was trusting those who were supposed to know about this. I followed that woman’s plan to the letter, didn’t deviate one bit. I’m currently 68 hours into a 72 hour fast I have plenty of will power, I’ve gone 7 days without eating only 1 cup of coffee black in the morning green tea by pique and water/carbonated water. I’ve done a 48 hour dry fast. Will power is not my problem, trusting people whose job it is to know these things was my problem.

A 72 hour fast is kinda dumb considering the true benefits of fasting don't actually start to occur until the 72 mark so you're literally ending your fast as the benefits from it begin to peak. But hey you'd know that if you weren't the absolute moron that you are.

• 1Worf

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did have self control, my problem was trusting those who were supposed to know about this. I followed that woman’s plan to the letter, didn’t deviate one bit. I’m currently 68 hours into a 72 hour fast I have plenty of will power, I’ve gone 7 days without eating only 1 cup of coffee black in the morning green tea by pique and water/carbonated water. I’ve done a 48 hour dry fast. Will power is not my problem, trusting people whose job it is to know these things was my problem.
So you’re eating less?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So... Your solution to weight loss is starving yourself to death... ??? Yes I know what you are going to say about insulin levels. But damn man.

Bro ..
This is you being ignorant, I’m not starving myself to death. What I’m doing is perfectly healthy, starving is calorie restriction diets. I will have to end my prolonged fast soon as I won’t have the body fat to support what I am doing currently and will return to one meal a day. Though to be honest I will 72 hour fast twice a year for health and immune system reasons, but I’ll have to plump up a bit but that should be easy after the holidays though the mid year one will be harder.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
This is you being ignorant, I’m not starving myself to death. What I’m doing is perfectly healthy, starving is calorie restriction diets. I will have to end my prolonged fast soon as I won’t have the body fat to support what I am doing currently and will return to one meal a day. Though to be honest I will 72 hour fast twice a year for health and immune system reasons, but I’ll have to plump up a bit but that should be easy after the holidays though the mid year one will be harder.

Lol you don't have the body fat? What the fuck are you talking about? You could literally go a month judging by your recent picture. I'm like 30lbs lighter than you with less body fat and go about 120 hour long fasts no problem. Your immune system doesn't begin to rebuild itself until roughly the 4th day into a fast. Whoever told you to stop at 72 hours is clueless.

• 1EyeRoll

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Do you think you could do any endurance exercise on day 2 or 3 of your fast? I ride 20-40 miles a day on my road bike on easy days, 50-60 on harder days. I can't imagine doing that without calories. In fact, on my rides I carry electrolyte gels, energy foods, etc.

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
How hard is it to go without eating that long? How long was the break in period? I don't think I could go that long. My problem is my work is stressful and I guess it gives me relief to eat something stupid, or an excuse to leave the department for a couple of minutes. And my shifts go back and forth, days, nights, 24s, without any pattern. So today I had breakfast after I got off a shift, and I'm going to go sleep right now, then wake up and eat something shitty on my way to work, then I'll be starving by midnight.
Work is easy, don’t bring food. It’s when I’m home when the will power has to kick in. Start small, but do things that help with hunger. Start by doing 16/8 skipping breakfast, either cut the carbs and sugar out completely or cut them down to under 20. Start to push you lunch back, drink a green tea (pique is great for this) for lunch. After 3 days you will find it to be easier and easier, also make sure to eat plenty of protein .7 grams per pound of body weight will help with hunger as it makes you full longer. Often times you will eat and still be hungry a few hours later, that’s because your protein needs weren’t met and you go looking for food. To help with the sugar and hunger, you will find yourself craving sugar but it’s really a sodium craving I find eating Redmond’s real salt for electrolytes and cravings (hunger as well) that will help tremendously. The first 3-4 days of it suck, but it gets easier and easier and if you fall off and eat a big plate of lasagna your asshole wife made for your birthday don’t get upset and just go right back to what you were doing. I can’t stress enough how after the first 3-4 days it gets better, I did it without any of the tips I provided which made my wives transition from 180 to 130 a breeeze and she acts like this is the easiest shit she’s ever done.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Do you think you could do any endurance exercise on day 2 or 3 of your fast? I ride 20-40 miles a day on my road bike on easy days, 50-60 on harder days. I can't imagine doing that without calories. In fact, on my rides I carry electrolyte gels, energy foods, etc.
Salt and water, you burn fat that’s all you need. You will find around hour 24 you have more energy than you know what to do with. I treat crude oil mostly on long treat times, I’ve been in this truck for 60 hours pumping scav10 into a tank at 3 gallons an hour. I’ll be so jacked up and full of energy I literally jog around the truck and do exercises so I don’t feel like I’m sitting in the truck twitching out like a meth addict.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Going intermittent fasting was the easiest change I ever made and shaved 75 pounds off my fat ass. Lost another 40 pounds last year with Keto before I fell off the wagon with grief eating. Church ladies dropping off plates of cookies is a nice sentiment but not what I should have had. Getting back to it since I still have another human being left to lose.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

What does this prove exactly, idiot? Fasting is supposed to be more about resting and healing. I've ridden 10 miles on the 3rd day of a fast before so it's surely possible. How the fuck are you a doctor and you don't even know the basics of how the human body works? Your body stores fat which it can then turn into energy without the need for eating food when necessary so as long as you have fat...you have calories to burn.

• 1Moron

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
A 72 hour fast is kinda dumb considering the true benefits of fasting don't actually start to occur until the 72 mark so you're literally ending your fast as the benefits from it begin to peak. But hey you'd know that if you weren't the absolute moron that you are.
I’ve lost to much weight to need to exceed 72 hours as it’s to much of a pain in the ass. I disagree with you that 72 hours is dumb, hell I don’t even go this long often anymore I usually do 48 but I haven’t done a 72 hour fast in a while and I want to rebuild my immune system. If I had more than 10-15 pounds of fat that I wanted to remove I might consider the hassle of having to ween myself back on food and not risk a heart attack if I don’t slowly reintroduce food (seriously look up soldiers killing jews by giving them food) that comes with fast that extend past 72 hours. 72 hours gives me the immune rebuilding that I want, 48 hours gives me a lot of autophagy that I want (watching skin tags completely disappear after years of having them around is fucking trippy) and when I reach my goal I’ll do maintenance of 24 hour fast or one meal a day.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So you’re eating less?
When I eat, I eat to I’m full and fill great. To give you an idea my last meal was a 1 pound ribeye with a salad, the salad was huge probably 10 cups. Lettuce, tomato, black olives, cucumber, a whole avocado, kale, baby spinach, artichokes and topped with my 1 guilty pleasure blue cheese dressing that has no sugars or added sugars or even fake shit they use to sneak sugar in like malto dextrin.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Lol you don't have the body fat? What the fuck are you talking about? You could literally go a month judging by your recent picture. I'm like 30lbs lighter than you with less body fat and go about 120 hour long fasts no problem. Your immune system doesn't begin to rebuild itself until roughly the 4th day into a fast. Whoever told you to stop at 72 hours is clueless.
Citation please, forgive me if I’m skeptical of a person who believes the earth is flat.

• 1Worf

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I’m 15 pounds lighter than that pic.