Weight Loss Thread

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Ossoi,
I agree that my statement on not burning fat during an insulin spike was extreme. My thought process on that was from a study I had read that discussed basal Hormone Sensitive Lipase levels along with Free Fatty Acid levels during fasts. And then comparing that to levels in the presence of insulin. The study found that HSL levels and FFA levels were pushed down below resting levels and stayed there for 1-2 hours after insulin was normalized. It was more of an academic discussion to me whether a person could burn fat during elevated insulin levels at all or just in minimal amounts. I think the only place such a distinction would be relevant is in metabolically compromised people who can't regulate their insulin.

I did find another study that goes into far more detail of adipocyte lipolytic regulation.

It does support that while insulin seems to be the most powerful regulator of lipolysis, there are a number of other cytokines, hormones, and of course the chatecholamines that affect this. I said in a previous post when I had posted that last study that I didn't know if it was an on-off switch or some type of graded response to fat burning, but I am confident now that it is a balancing act and as that study states, where the "dimmer switch" ends up is also influenced by age, gender, activity level, current fat stores, etc...

So not to be misunderstood, I am agreeing with your statement on insulin and retracting the extreme statement I made about not burning fat at all during an insulin spike. I don't know what the range of that dimmer switch can be (5-15% lipolysis, 25-50%, etc...) but I agree that lipolysis occurs on some level highly specific to the person/patient that we are talking about.

As an aside, I am not anti-carb. I do not eat a keto diet. I do some limited fasting (longest being 36 hours, but thats rare. Usually I just skip breakfast and occasionally breakfast and lunch). I found the fasting to work well for me. When I started, I would do two 36 hour fasts per week and eat normally the rest of the week with no carb restriction. I went from 233 to 205 in about a month and that was without any dedicated exercise time. I make no comment about body composition, but a lot of that weight did come from my middle as I dropped two inches off my waist. I'm like a 35 waist now. My goal these days is to focus more on cutting more bodyfat but maintaining or building some lean muscle through typical bodyweight exercises like pullups, pushups etc.
So you can actually burn fat constantly spiking your insulin based on many different factors that have to be on your side in order to do so. I to will retract my statements and apologize for being wrong, in the face of hard evidence and science ie not pictures of a fucking weirdos abdomen and I’m willing to admit I’m wrong.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Now we can all be friends again and discuss less polarizing topics like whether high cholesterol is actually bad for you.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Now we can all be friends again and discuss less polarizing topics like whether high cholesterol is actually bad for you.
i remember doing carnivore along w/ Oblio Oblio at the same time last year, maybe the high cholesterol is what got him from all the meats.

man it was hard doing carnivore at the start of covid, lulz

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So you can actually burn fat constantly spiking your insulin based on many different factors that have to be on your side in order to do so. I to will retract my statements and apologize for being wrong, in the face of hard evidence and science ie not pictures of a fucking weirdos abdomen and I’m willing to admit I’m wrong.

If you have me on ignore, who are you apologising to?

Want to apologise for having me on ignore and name checking me multiple times, always with various insults attached?

Just waiting on LiquidDeath LiquidDeath to bend the knee now, I personally don't think he's man enough to do so.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
i remember doing carnivore along w/ Oblio Oblio at the same time last year, maybe the high cholesterol is what got him from all the meats.

man it was hard doing carnivore at the start of covid, lulz
Why, was it an access to meat problem because everyone was stocking up on supplies? I just remember it being impossible to get TP and paper towels and yeast of all things where I live. Meat was fairly plentiful. It helps that there are some farms around here that periodically slaughter some cows and sell the steaks. Its significantly more expensive than the grocery store though.

On a workout related note, I had just bought my first compound bow when covid shutdowns happened. Its a pretty solid arm and lat workout to draw back an 80 lbs bow (even when its set lower to 65lbs for a noob at archery like me). The archery club here in my town does yearly game dinners too with tons of different animals to try.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Why, was it an access to meat problem because everyone was stocking up on supplies? I just remember it being impossible to get TP and paper towels and yeast of all things where I live. Meat was fairly plentiful. It helps that there are some farms around here that periodically slaughter some cows and sell the steaks. Its significantly more expensive than the grocery store though.

On a workout related note, I had just bought my first compound bow when covid shutdowns happened. Its a pretty solid arm and lat workout to draw back an 80 lbs bow (even when its set lower to 65lbs for a noob at archery like me). The archery club here in my town does yearly game dinners too with tons of different animals to try.
yea, the primal cuts of meat were going and the ground beef were totally depleted, even tho they make it at the store, i even went there when delivery truck came and everyone else was there too.
in hindsight, i should have taken advantage of the low key chinese racism and just skipped the line and take whatever.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
If you have me on ignore, who are you apologising to?

Want to apologise for having me on ignore and name checking me multiple times, always with various insults attached?

Just waiting on LiquidDeath LiquidDeath to bend the knee now, I personally don't think he's man enough to do so.

You'll be waiting forever for that since that wasn't my claim. The few times I've mentioned high insulin I have always stated it as "while insulin is high AND directing your body to store fat" since I'm aware that there are exceptions to the rule in some people that their insulin levels are high but they are not storing fat. It is exactly the bodybuilders eating pounds of candy situation I've pointed out several times in this very thread.

You are even too deluded to remember that you have even acknowledged that my claim is different from Faux and Burnem's claim:
And actually the claims of Faux Faux and Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre were more about the effect of spiking insulin on fat loss. Your claim renounces CICO as the cause of weight loss in favour of hormone/insulin control

And even when you're correct about my claim being different, you're still wrong about my overall claim as I have never said CICO doesn't matter just that it isn't as simple as looking at the number on a food package and thinking it directly correlates to the number on your treadmill.

I'm still not going to debate any of this with you any longer since it is impossible for you to converse normally about any of this and instead completely shit up these threads trying to play gotcha so you that you can indulge your degenerate fetishes.

LiquidDeath

My GP sure thinks so. My total cholesterol is routinely around 205 and so the GP continually tells me to eat less red meat and fat in favor of more whole grains and vegetables.

I was so pissed the one time I heard that same stupid ass diet recommendation that I went and got a coronary artery calcification scan just to throw it in the GP's face. The first thing they said when I showed up to the appointment was they were surprised someone my age (I was 38 at the time) was getting a heart scan. I ended up scoring a 0 on it, as I expected, but I haven't seen the GP in a while due to the pandemic stuff so I haven't had a chance to discuss the results with him and see if it changes his opinion at all.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm still not going to debate any of this with you any longer since it is impossible for you to converse normally about any of this and instead completely shit up these threads trying to play gotcha so you that you can indulge your degenerate fetishes.

This post suggests otherwise.

Like I said, I tried to address your points one at a time in the interest of actual discussion.

I couldn't help myself with your misunderstanding of the APP vs Onsite care groups, so went for a free throw - mistakenly thinking you'd be gracious enough to concede that one.

You then tried to weasel your way out of that own goal and ignored both the first and third point rebuttal.

Starting to see a pattern here.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre :
"you can't burn fat when you constantly spike your insulin"
"constantly spiking your insulin levels all day is going to lead to insulin resistance and obesity"

Faux Faux :
"You are not burning fat in an appreciable way when your insulin is elevated"
"I don't believe you are burning any fat at all while your insulin is high"

LiquidDeath LiquidDeath :
"What you can't do is lose weight while your insulin levels are high and directing your body to increase its fat stores"
"You'll be waiting forever for that since that wasn't my claim. The few times I've mentioned high insulin I have always stated it as "while insulin is high AND directing your body to store fat"

So the question is, whether in your original statement you meant:

"while your insulin levels are high and (consquently) directing your body to increase it's fat stores"

OR

"while (both) insulin is high AND directing your body to store fat (or not directing your body to store fat)

Looks like more weaseling to me.

Regardless your statement is pretty close to both of theirs, and you are clearly more in agreement with them than me, that much is obvious.

I have never said CICO doesn't matter just that it isn't as simple as looking at the number on a food package and thinking it directly correlates to the number on your treadmill.

What you said was:

But you keep thinking that CI - CO = C (net) = weight gain/loss is how your body works, when we have these magic things called hormones that direct our body in using/storing energy.

Nothing about food packages. Nothing about calories being important. "You keep thinking CICO is how your body works" vs How I Liquid Death think - which is hormones/insulin matters.

You really the lowest of the low, at least Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre proved me wrong by apologising. You just keep on weaseling your way out of it

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The only people here conceding to Ossoi Ossoi are the ones who dont want Ossoi to wear their faces to his next Eyes Wide Shut sex party

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You'll be waiting forever for that since that wasn't my claim
I have never said CICO doesn't matter just that it isn't as simple as looking at the number on a food package and thinking it directly correlates to the number on your treadmill.
Don't listen to anyone who says that weight loss is purely an energy balance formula. They are reducing a complex, multivariate issue into one variable and it is nonsense.

Your particular hormones, particularly insulin, control when and how you store fat. If you are insulin resistant then you will store more fat from calories than someone eating an equivalent number of calories who in not resistant.

If you want to reduce fat accumulation, you have to keep your insulin levels low.

LOL TOO EASY LiquidDeath LiquidDeath

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre :
"you can't burn fat when you constantly spike your insulin"
"constantly spiking your insulin levels all day is going to lead to insulin resistance and obesity"

Faux Faux :
"You are not burning fat in an appreciable way when your insulin is elevated"
"I don't believe you are burning any fat at all while your insulin is high"

LiquidDeath LiquidDeath :
"What you can't do is lose weight while your insulin levels are high and directing your body to increase its fat stores"
"You'll be waiting forever for that since that wasn't my claim. The few times I've mentioned high insulin I have always stated it as "while insulin is high AND directing your body to store fat"

So the question is, whether in your original statement you meant:

"while your insulin levels are high and (consquently) directing your body to increase it's fat stores"

OR

"while (both) insulin is high AND directing your body to store fat (or not directing your body to store fat)

Looks like more weaseling to me.

Regardless your statement is pretty close to both of theirs, and you are clearly more in agreement with them than me, that much is obvious.

What you said was:

Nothing about food packages. Nothing about calories being important. "You keep thinking CICO is how your body works" vs How I Liquid Death think - which is hormones/insulin matters.

You really the lowest of the low, at least Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre proved me wrong by apologising. You just keep on weaseling your way out of it
I didn’t apologize to you, I apologized to the board for being wrong. You can go fuck your self but be sure to place a few bills on the night stand beforehand since you’re so accustomed to having to pay for sex. Back on ignore you go.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I didn’t apologize to you, I apologized to the board for being wrong. You can go fuck your self but be sure to place a few bills on the night stand beforehand since you’re so accustomed to having to pay for sex. Back on ignore you go.

You were wrong, ergo I was right.
Whatever helps you sleep at night,
Your shirt looks rather tight
Is all that fasting affecting your eyesight
Everyone can see all you do is talk shite

You were wrong is all that matters
It's clear you will always be fatter
Your posts are a disaster
I am the fat loss master

LiquidDeath

You were wrong, ergo I was right.
Whatever helps you sleep at night,
Your shirt looks rather tight
Is all that fasting affecting your eyesight
Everyone can see all you do is talk shite

You were wrong is all that matters
It's clear you will always be fatter
Your posts are a disaster
I am the fat loss master
I don't care who you are, this shit is funny.

Except the part where he thinks matters rhymes with fatter. 7/9 in rhyming gives you a solid C.