Weight Loss Thread

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So I feel like I'm stuck with my weight loss. I've been 220 now for about a month and nothings coming off anymore. I do an hour of cardio with about 100 push-ups throughout the day and other exercises with resistance bands. I started keto last week to try and lose the last 15 pounds and nothing is happening. I'm 46 and was wondering if I just hit my natural weight. You guys have any advice to lose this last bit of fat?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So I feel like I'm stuck with my weight loss. I've been 220 now for about a month and nothings coming off anymore. I do an hour of cardio with about 100 push-ups throughout the day and other exercises with resistance bands. I started keto last week to try and lose the last 15 pounds and nothing is happening. I'm 46 and was wondering if I just hit my natural weight. You guys have any advice to lose this last bit of fat?
What’s your calorie intake?
How tall?
Weight when you started?
Body fat%?

Some of it is probably the weight transitioning from fat to muscle.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What’s your calorie intake?
How tall?
Weight when you started?
Body fat%?

Some of it is probably the weight transitioning from fat to muscle.
I'm at around 1500 calories a day
6'3"
I was 340 it's been 2 years since I started
21% body fat

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If you're 220 and truly eating 1500 calories a day while exercising, the weight would be melting off. You're eating more calories than you think. Track them as accurately as you can for a couple days to see where the extra ones are coming from.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Your calorie intake is too low. Youve hit a burn out from eating too little for so long. You need to reverse diet and eat backup to maintenance for awhile. And then you can slowly reduce again.

Also how seditary are you? You might not get enough movement in daily to burn anymore.

Youve lost 120 lbs, thats basically a whole person. Be proud of where you are!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
If you're 220 and truly eating 1500 calories a day while exercising, the weight would be melting off. You're eating more calories than you think. Track them as accurately as you can for a couple days to see where the extra ones are coming from.
Right now I'm eating a pound of chicken breast at lunch so noon and then another pound after I do cardio at 5pm. It's 750 calories per pound it says.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Your calorie intake is too low.
Yeah, 1500 is way too aggressive for sustainability at 6'3'' 220. He's probably stunted his base metabolic rate. IMO unless you're cutting weight for a fight or something no one should try to lose weight faster than 1.5 or max 2 lbs a week, which is about a 750 cal/day deficit. For me at 5'10'' 190 that's about 1800 calories (edit: net of exercise).

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Your calorie intake is too low. Youve hit a burn out from eating too little for so long. You need to reverse diet and eat backup to maintenance for awhile. And then you can slowly reduce again.

Also how seditary are you? You might not get enough movement in daily to burn anymore.

Youve lost 120 lbs, thats basically a whole person. Be proud of where you are!
OK I'll try adding more and see what happens. I wish I took before and after pictures. I just want some of my ab muscles to poke through just to say I did it. I get about 5000 steps in at work.

Animosity

OK I'll try adding more and see what happens. I wish I took before and after pictures. I just want some of my ab muscles to poke through just to say I did it.
I feel you man. Ive been on the get fit journey for a long time and dont have abs. And at your age and the weight you were, it just might not be realistic to ever see abs. WIthout knowing what you look like, you might also just not have the muscle for it too. Its extremely hard to do. Just work on living a more healthier lifestyle and continue the grind of continual improvement.

Also go to a gym and lift heavy weights. Just doing a ton of cardio isnt going to make you look lean. Not sure if you do an hour a day or an hour a week. If its the former, thats just a recipe for disaster and staying "skinny fat".

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I feel you man. Ive been on the get fit journey for a long time and dont have abs. And at your age and the weight you were, it just might not be realistic to ever see abs. WIthout knowing what you look like, you might also just not have the muscle for it too. Its extremely hard to do. Just work on living a more healthier lifestyle and continue the grind of continual improvement.

Also go to a gym and lift heavy weights. Just doing a ton of cardio isnt going to make you look lean. Not sure if you do an hour a day or an hour a week. If its the former, thats just a recipe for disaster and staying "skinny fat".
I do cardio six days a week and take Sundays off.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Right now I'm eating a pound of chicken breast at lunch so noon and then another pound after I do cardio at 5pm. It's 750 calories per pound it says.
Is that literally all you're eating all day every day? Two pounds of unseasoned chicken breast? Any beverages? Sauces? Seasonings? Vegetables? Anything different on weekends?

Animosity

I do cardio six days a week and take Sundays off.
You are doing insanely way too much cardio. You arent building or retaining any muscle doing that. And eating so low, you are just spinning your wheels. Your body has basically adjusted to it.

My honest opinion would be to eat around 2500 calories a day and lift weights 4-5 days a week for 6 months. And the reassess. You would look 100 times better than doing what youve been doing.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Is that literally all you're eating all day every day? Two pounds of unseasoned chicken breast? Any beverages? Sauces? Seasonings? Vegetables? Anything different on weekends?
Just drink water. I add pepper and salt to the chicken. But yeah for the last 2 weeks it's been straight chicken. Before I would just drink beer on Saturday nights. I quit soda a month ago and just been drinking water and then a no carb or calorie electrolyte drink after my workout

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lifting weights and building muscle will increase your base metabolism to maintain said muscle, not including the calories you burn while lifting. You'll also want to pay attention to how much protein you eat while lifting, you'll need quite a bit. Most sites say between 1.0 to 1.4 grams of protein per pound of body weight. I agree with the others that you're just doing too much cardio. Also, do your cardio after lifting, not before.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Are you increasing muscle load with your exercises? Bands and pushup only go so far until all you are doing is exhausting the muscles instead of growing them. Weight lifting would help but are not absolutely necessary. What is needed is progressive overload so if you like push ups, you need to star doing more difficult versions of them. If you can do 12-15 reps in a set, the exercise is way too easy. Add weight and/or find different forms of the exercises. Growing muscles will help with weight loss. You need more metabolism, not less calories. And eat more.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You are doing insanely way too much cardio. You arent building or retaining any muscle doing that. And eating so low, you are just spinning your wheels. Your body has basically adjusted to it.

My honest opinion would be to eat around 2500 calories a day and lift weights 4-5 days a week for 6 months. And the reassess. You would look 100 times better than doing what youve been doing.
OK I'm going to try it. I guess I was so used to losing the weight that it probably fucked with my expectations.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just drink water. I add pepper and salt to the chicken. But yeah for the last 2 weeks it's been straight chicken. Before I would just drink beer on Saturday nights. I quit soda a month ago and just been drinking water and then a no carb or calorie electrolyte drink after my workout
Mix in some good fats (vegetable oil, real butter) and vegetables (spinach, broccoli, cauliflower). Zero carbs for that long a period of time isnt the healthiest routine.

• 2Like

Animosity

Surprised you can even poop without any fiber and just all protein lol

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The calorie tracking on the MyFitnessPal app is real nice. Some of the nicer/convenient functionality is paywalled, but worth it if you’re really trying to figure stuff out.

• 1Like