Weight Loss Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Right now I'm eating a pound of chicken breast at lunch so noon and then another pound after I do cardio at 5pm. It's 750 calories per pound it says.

Is that 1500 gross or net of all that cardio? If it's gross you're probably short 1000 calories a day for normal operations. No wonder your metabolism is throttling back. Figure ~2800 baseline for a guy your size plus a conservative 350 in exercise = 3150 - 750 = you ought to be eating ~2400-2500 calories to lose 1.5-2 lbs a week. It sounds perverse, but dollars to donuts you'll lose weight by eating more because your body will stop thinking it's about to starve to death (also ffs put some veggies in there). You're giving it the signals of a hunter-gatherer being chased down by a pack of wolves during winter.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is that 1500 gross or net of all that cardio? If it's gross you're probably short 1000 calories a day for normal operations. No wonder your metabolism is throttling back. Figure ~2800 baseline for a guy your size plus a conservative 350 in exercise = 3150 - 750 = you ought to be eating ~2400-2500 calories to lose 1.5-2 lbs a week. It sounds perverse, but dollars to donuts you'll lose weight by eating more because your body will stop thinking it's about to starve to death (also ffs put some veggies in there). You're giving it the signals of a hunter-gatherer being chased down by a pack of wolves during winter.

Do you know for a fact he isn't being chased by wolves? He didn't specify what the cardio was. Maybe they have a wolf problem

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Just started a new job and part of the new health insurance is a wellness app called wondr. Used it over the last week and actually tried to eat slowly while cutting portion sizes + getting my fat ass up at break times and walking around the house. 7.5lbs down from 335, 250 is the goal.

I probably shouldn't be a fat pos with a kid and all.

fatty GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just started a new job and part of the new health insurance is a wellness app called wondr. Used it over the last week and actually tried to eat slowly while cutting portion sizes + getting my fat ass up at break times and walking around the house. 7.5lbs down from 335, 250 is the goal.

I probably shouldn't be a fat pos with a kid and all.

fatty GIF

Damm dude what's your height if 250 is your goal weight? Good job dropping the 7.5, anytime you are tracking or measuring it's gonna help.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Damm dude what's your height if 250 is your goal weight? Good job dropping the 7.5, anytime you are tracking or measuring it's gonna help.
5'8. I've always been heavy I haven't been 250 since high school. If I hit 250 ill see about a new goal.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Cross post from the depression thread, but tons of overlap in this episode. I’m about half way and it’s super interesting. Will post a couple bookmarks/clips after I finish

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Well checking in after a few weeks, 322.8, about 13lbs in 3 weeks. I hit a plateu week 2, I think I was cutting too many calories, started eating a little more and the weight started coming off again.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

Good run down of the basics. And hammers at the importance of exercising for longivity and health no matter what your age is.

• 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I'm at around 1500 calories a day
6'3"
I was 340 it's been 2 years since I started
21% body fat
I used to be at 300 pounds. Took me about 8 years to drop to 170. I stayed forever at 240 and then 220. I was 220 for about 2 years and what started my drop was a week at Disney. Lost about 10 pounds in a week. Then I fell to 170 but was not an healthy weight for me. I looked dead. I started the gym 3x4 times a week and I'm back at 200-205 right now.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I used to be at 300 pounds. Took me about 8 years to drop to 170. I stayed forever at 240 and then 220. I was 220 for about 2 years and what started my drop was a week at Disney. Lost about 10 pounds in a week. Then I fell to 170 but was not an healthy weight for me. I looked dead. I started the gym 3x4 times a week and I'm back at 200-205 right now.
Yeah I'm scared of having that death look. Ever since the guys here told me to eat more and lift weights I've been looking awesome. Got a couple veins popping on my arms when I work out. Dropped to 215 since I've been eating more. Funny how that works.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I'm scared of having that death look. Ever since the guys here told me to eat more and lift weights I've been looking awesome. Got a couple veins popping on my arms when I work out. Dropped to 215 since I've been eating more. Funny how that works.
Gotta fuel those muscles! Keep it up.

• 1Like

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Currently 320.3, thinking about getting some free weights to supplement my walking. Any recommendations for free weight routines to a newbie?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I was around 300 a long time ago. When I got serious about losing weight I went as low as 185 (6'3"), Abs showed, but I was super thin and didn't care to look like that. I'm now around 220. My abs don't show, but I'm stronger and generally feel better the thickness this weight gives me. I'm sure I would have been perfectly healthy at 185 for a long time, though.

• 1Like