Weight Loss Thread

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I dont think I'm going to keep up the cut because my diet is boring as fuck and at this point, I just dont care about abs. I'd rather have a fucking regular meal.
Also I'm kinda curious what it is you're eating that you consider boring. Do you make your own food or do you order?

Also another tip is that ya I cheat like everyone else but the trick is to minimize it. Like when I eat pizza, I'm blotting the cheese with a napkin to get the grease off and also taking off some of the cheese. Also I play poker every weekend and they have a Haagendaz there so sometimes I'll get a sunday but I always get the smallest possible size with just hot fudge and no whip cream or anything else.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also I'm kinda curious what it is you're eating that you consider boring. Do you make your own food or do you order?

Also another tip is that ya I cheat like everyone else but the trick is to minimize it. Like when I eat pizza, I'm blotting the cheese with a napkin to get the grease off and also taking off some of the cheese. Also I play poker every weekend and they have a Haagendaz there so sometimes I'll get a sunday but I always get the smallest possible size with just hot fudge and no whip cream or anything else.
Oh, its not that I "cant" eat anything else. Its just that the easiest way to calculate it all lends itself to repetition which is what is boring. I switch the meats up quite often, but ultra lean 97% hamburger is probably my go-to for everything. He has a hard on for ground turkey, and I'm just not a well rounded enough cook to spice it and make it enjoyable to eat very often. I average about 13k steps a day on top of my workout, which I do 5 days a week. Its all been a pretty dramatic life change since I started and people say they can barely recognize me now. Makes me feel ashamed of how I let myself go since COVID. Props to you for not having any body dysmorphia though. :emoji_raised_hands:
image0.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Oh, its not that I "cant" eat anything else. Its just that the easiest way to calculate it all lends itself to repetition which is what is boring. I switch the meats up quite often, but ultra lean 97% hamburger is probably my go-to for everything. He has a hard on for ground turkey, and I'm just not a well rounded enough cook to spice it and make it enjoyable to eat very often. I average about 13k steps a day on top of my workout, which I do 5 days a week. Its all been a pretty dramatic life change since I started and people say they can barely recognize me now. Makes me feel ashamed of how I let myself go since COVID. Props to you for not having any body dysmorphia though. :emoji_raised_hands:
View attachment 519804
Ya I never bothered measuring or planning out my meals or counting calories or any of that really. One thing I'm noticing for sure is you're consuming way too much protein. You should absolutely remove that whey protein and any protein supplements from your diet completely. Your diet is already exceeding your protein needs without the supplements. Also get rid of the gatorade. That stuff is garbage, filled with bad ingredients and too much sugar.

As for the ground turkey, especially if you don't like it ya I'd remove it completely. You're honestly eating too much meat/protein as it is so you can easily remove that. I'd replace it with a veggie like broccoli or zucchini/squash or like carrots and celery and just completely remove meat/protein source completely(the rice and veggies all have protein anyways). If your trainer recommended this diet plan to you and actually didn't include any veggies or salads or anything and THAT much protein then sorry to say but he's kind of clueless.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya I never bothered measuring or planning out my meals or counting calories or any of that really. One thing I'm noticing for sure is you're consuming way too much protein. You should absolutely remove that whey protein and any protein supplements from your diet completely. Your diet is already exceeding your protein needs without the supplements. Also get rid of the gatorade. That stuff is garbage, filled with bad ingredients and too much sugar.

As for the ground turkey, especially if you don't like it ya I'd remove it completely. You're honestly eating too much meat/protein as it is so you can easily remove that. I'd replace it with a veggie like broccoli or zucchini/squash or like carrots and celery and just completely remove meat/protein source completely(the rice and veggies all have protein anyways). If your trainer recommended this diet plan to you and actually didn't include any veggies or salads or anything and THAT much protein then sorry to say but he's kind of clueless.
You have no idea what you are talking about, so just stop. He’s eating 130g protein a day, that is nothing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
You have no idea what you are talking about, so just stop. He’s eating 130g protein a day, that is nothing.
You only need .5 per pound unless you're an athlete or a pro body builder or some shit. Anyone saying otherwise is fucking clueless. He said he weighs around 200lbs so he really only needs 100gr/day which means he has absolutely zero need for any sort of protein supplementation.

Animosity

You only need .5 per pound unless you're an athlete or a pro body builder or some shit. Anyone saying otherwise is fucking clueless. He said he weighs around 200lbs so he really only needs 100gr/day which means he has absolutely zero need for any sort of protein supplementation.
Ya you’re a moron. That’s why you look like a 12 year old boy with no muscle mass.
Protein provides multiple health benefits. Every fitness instructor who knows what they are talking about will recommend 1g/1lb of body weight. He doesn’t need protein supplements, it’s easy to hit protein macros from food.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
IIRC it’s like 1.2 g protein/kg body weight if you’re trying to build up. Lots of factors that will affect individuals obviously.

• 2Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
IIRC it’s like 1.2 g protein/kg body weight if you’re trying to build up. Lots of factors that will affect individuals obviously.

0.6-1g/lb is what I think most of what the science says.

My goal is 218, I weigh 202.
Screenshot_20240314-212658.png

Also, grilled chicken, broheim. 6oz is 50g of protein.

• 2Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya you’re a moron. That’s why you look like a 12 year old boy with no muscle mass.
Protein provides multiple health benefits. Every fitness instructor who knows what they are talking about will recommend 1g/1lb of body weight. He doesn’t need protein supplements, it’s easy to hit protein macros from food.
Ya sure I just have 6 pack abs and enough muscle to do 15 pull ups consecutively with perfect form but I have no muscle mass ok dude lol. I'm not even showing or flexing my arms at all whatsoever in those pics so like usual, you're a fucking idiot. I'm just not a naturally big dude and not really a muscle head gym freak and I'm 41 years old and never took steroids or anything. Also if you're agreeing with me that he doesn't need protein supplements then what the actual fuck are you on about you god damn retard lol.

Animosity

Ya sure I just have 6 pack abs and enough muscle to do 15 pull ups consecutively with perfect form but I have no muscle mass ok dude lol. I'm not even showing or flexing my arms at all whatsoever in those pics so like usual, you're a fucking idiot. I'm just not a naturally big dude and not really a muscle head gym freak and I'm 41 years old and never took steroids or anything. Also if you're agreeing with me that he doesn't need protein supplements then what the actual fuck are you on about you god damn retard lol.
lol never took steroids. It’s obvious you have never even lifted a weight in your life and are trying to give someone bad advice. Having abs doesn’t mean shit or show that you know what you’re talking about. Go watch a few YouTube videos first before pretending you have any clue how to be a personal trainer.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
lol never took steroids. It’s obvious you have never even lifted a weight in your life and are trying to give someone bad advice. Having abs doesn’t mean shit or show that you know what you’re talking about. Go watch a few YouTube videos first before pretending you have any clue how to be a personal trainer.
Lol you are fucking stupid bro. You've seen way too many fake natties and think that you have to look like fucking V shred to know what you're talking about. I mostly do calisthenics and I've lifted weights moderately for quite a while now. I'm 145 lbs and not much body fat. I'm way more fit than most people, especially those around my age. My advice is perfectly valid you just like to listen to dumb fucks that want to sell shit. The diet his trainer provided is fucking garbage and lacking in a shitload of necessary nutrients far more important than protein.

1710485151495.png

Protein science is like covid science. Aka it's mostly complete bullshit. It's funded by an industry with something to gain.

Also for the record, the goal of a personal trainer shouldn't just be to help people build muscle, it should also be to achieve peak health. In that regard I can say without question that I am significantly healthier than like 99% of the population. I look MUCH younger than I actually am and I never get sick and have literally zero health problems whatsoever. In this area specifically I am more knowledgable than the vast majority of trainers you could find in any gym anywhere.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
1710470983781.png

For the record, Bruce Lee was only 1 inch shorter than me and weighed like 130-135 lbs. "durrr he's not jacked durrr he had no muscle mass".

Just because you're not a jacked looking juice head doesn't mean you're not super strong or don't know what you're talking about. Bruce was strong as fuck and while I'm definitely not as strong as he was I'm a lot fucking stronger than I look and I would probably take a complete shit on you in any sort of calisthenics competition.

Last edited:

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
0.6-1g/lb is what I think most of what the science says.

My goal is 218, I weigh 202.View attachment 519843

Also, grilled chicken, broheim. 6oz is 50g of protein.
I’m at 160, would like to be around 170 but also slim down in the middle a bit.

I’m not really keeping track of my protein intake beyond a general running tally and trying to avoid eating empty calories at night (processed/added sugar stuff).

One thing that I recently came across and don’t recall hearing anything about prior concerns how your body uses certain amounts of protein. Basically anything over 25-30g consumed in a sitting isn’t going toward building new muscle. I think it was Rhonda Patrick on the Modern Wisdom podcast who mentioned it, the host was aware as well. Here’s a study that discusses protein absorption, pretty interesting. Seems to support 25g, but with a number of caveats. How much protein can the body use in a single meal for muscle-building? Implications for daily protein distribution

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya these guys are completely clueless, it's supposed to be 1g per kg not lb lol. I guess these dumbasses have never heard of shaolin monks that are like pound for pound the strongest people in the world and the majority of them don't even consume meat and I guaranfuckingtee aren't consuming anywhere near 1g per lb. The only exceptions that would need that much would be professional athletes and bodybuilders.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I would like to get back down to ~200, but Im sketch on cutting too hard and too fast, not only because Im afraid Ill lose muscle/power, but because I will nerd rage if Im hungry for too long.
1710484415545.png

Another reason you should consider lowering your protein intake. You'll not only save money on protein supplements but you'll see better results too. Once you hit your target weight you can re-up it if you want.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I’m at 160, would like to be around 170 but also slim down in the middle a bit.

I’m not really keeping track of my protein intake beyond a general running tally and trying to avoid eating empty calories at night (processed/added sugar stuff).

One thing that I recently came across and don’t recall hearing anything about prior concerns how your body uses certain amounts of protein. Basically anything over 25-30g consumed in a sitting isn’t going toward building new muscle. I think it was Rhonda Patrick on the Modern Wisdom podcast who mentioned it, the host was aware as well. Here’s a study that discusses protein absorption, pretty interesting. Seems to support 25g, but with a number of caveats. How much protein can the body use in a single meal for muscle-building? Implications for daily protein distribution

Pretty sure that shits a myth. Athlean-X and Jeff Nippard both say to ignore that shit. Also makes logical sense too - if you could only absorb 30g a protein per meal, you'd need to eat around the clock basically, but you don't.

I think as long as you've got the right plan (not eating fucking bullshit), you're probably gonna be fine no matter what you do, and us pissing over the exact numbers is pretty pointless. Fact is, anyone who's even asking these questions is probably in way better shape than 75% of people.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure that shits a myth. Athlean-X and Jeff Nippard both say to ignore that shit. Also makes logical sense too - if you could only absorb 30g a protein per meal, you'd need to eat around the clock basically, but you don't.

I think as long as you've got the right plan (not eating fucking bullshit), you're probably gonna be fine no matter what you do, and us pissing over the exact numbers is pretty pointless. Fact is, anyone who's even asking these questions is probably in way better shape than 75% of people.
From a quick browse of the study it isn’t that your body doesn’t absorb and use the protein, only that the first 30 or so are used specifically toward muscle growth 🤷

I dunno, I think in general we’re barely starting to get a peek at all the complexities that go into food/nutrition and its effects on the body. And I agree with you- Beyond keeping to your caloric needs for lifestyle/goals, seems like the only ‘hard’ rule everyone should stick to is “less processed = better”.

Re: “75% of people “: The crazy thing is how little is required to feel noticeably better. A brisk 5 minute walk outside in the morning makes a noticeable difference to my energy and mental state through most of the day.

My real short coming is sleep. I’ve been better so far this year though.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The latest data seem to suggest that the more protein you eat the longer and healthier you live.
It's not clear there is a healthy maximum, especialy since the alternative is often sugar as fat calories are hard to get in sufficient ammount.

People are different some thrive on carnivore while other don't, but for sure vegan is shit.