Weight Loss Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Have you guys gone over testosterone boosters before? Or do we have a better thread for that?

I'm not trying to lose weight at all (208lbs with 16% bodyfat) but I'm looking for a "best" test booster that also isn't a shit ton of money/month....
You'll need a prescription to get testosterone. There are 3 options, and most will be covered by your insurance to a degree. Butt pellets are expensive, but are 2-3 times per year. Shots I dunno prices on, and you have to get them done at the dr office every 2 weeks. The gel is a daily application, and reasonably priced, but you can't hug pregnant women or children, so there is that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You'll need a prescription to get testosterone. There are 3 options, and most will be covered by your insurance to a degree. Butt pellets are expensive, but are 2-3 times per year. Shots I dunno prices on, and you have to get them done at the dr office every 2 weeks. The gel is a daily application, and reasonably priced, but you can't hug pregnant women or children, so there is that.
This is pretty spot on Brikker Brikker . ~50 bucks for generic androgel. Wash your hands after you put it on unless you're a heathen. ~35 bucks for a shot. Most Doc's will want you to take the shot monthly, instead of every two weeks. Needles are dirt cheap if you want to do it yourself. If not, the office will charge you ~25 to 40 bucks per visit. The pellets Ive never messed with and dont know much about as I like the Gel. The gel gives me passive reassurance that Im getting the proper amount every day. Where as the shot gave me mood swings - I want to say because it wasnt a steady release, and then if you get withdrawals towards the end of the cycle.

It actually costs MORE to buy the shit through my insurance, rather than just using GoodRx. Another bit of warning - if you're married/dating, be aware that your empathy levels will drastically change for the worse. You'll feel happier on average, and have the energy to do things - but stupidity gets under my skin far quicker than before I started. But I wouldnt reverse course on taking it no matter what. I just feel "alive" again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have you guys gone over testosterone boosters before? Or do we have a better thread for that?

I'm not trying to lose weight at all (208lbs with 16% bodyfat) but I'm looking for a "best" test booster that also isn't a shit ton of money/month....
It sounds like you mean supplements that might help a bit instead of actual T? In one of Huberman's videos, he recommended Tongkat Ali and Fadogia Agrestis. Seemed to help my mood and motivation a bit, not a dramatic difference though.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I got exactly what you're looking for

o9mg5w7i8exb1.jpg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It sounds like you mean supplements that might help a bit instead of actual T? In one of Huberman's videos, he recommended Tongkat Ali and Fadogia Agrestis. Seemed to help my mood and motivation a bit, not a dramatic difference though.
I’ve been taking tongkat ali for a couple months and have noticed a general improvement as well. After reading about Fagodia Agrestis I decided I didn’t want to deal with cycling and dealing with side effects, plus wanted to be able to attribute any effects to a particular change.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Ordered one that's tongkat Ali, fenugreek seed, and ashwagandha root. Hope i dont have a stroke.

• 1Worf

Sludig

This is pretty spot on Brikker Brikker . ~50 bucks for generic androgel. Wash your hands after you put it on unless you're a heathen. ~35 bucks for a shot. Most Doc's will want you to take the shot monthly, instead of every two weeks. Needles are dirt cheap if you want to do it yourself. If not, the office will charge you ~25 to 40 bucks per visit. The pellets Ive never messed with and dont know much about as I like the Gel. The gel gives me passive reassurance that Im getting the proper amount every day. Where as the shot gave me mood swings - I want to say because it wasnt a steady release, and then if you get withdrawals towards the end of the cycle.

It actually costs MORE to buy the shit through my insurance, rather than just using GoodRx. Another bit of warning - if you're married/dating, be aware that your empathy levels will drastically change for the worse. You'll feel happier on average, and have the energy to do things - but stupidity gets under my skin far quicker than before I started. But I wouldnt reverse course on taking it no matter what. I just feel "alive" again.
But iirc, once you start, kinda got to be on it for life I thought. Not great if the country half collapses besides the money long term.

Daidraco

But iirc, once you start, kinda got to be on it for life I thought. Not great if the country half collapses besides the money long term.
Damned if you do, damned if you dont, is kind of the mentality you have to have. Do you stay natural and have an ever decreasing amount of testosterone? Or do you commit to TRT and live life happily and not bet on worst case scenario?

Deebo

Molten Core Raider
Any doctor that tells you every month or even every 2 weeks for your test shots has no idea what they are talking about, and you should seek someone else. Weekly minimum, and some swear by every other day.

• 1Picard
  • 1Moron

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Any doctor who tells you every other day for your test shots has no idea what they are talking about.

Every hour, on the hour, that's what I say.

• 2Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
You need to have a central line and be getting it as a properly titrated infusion. You can't have spiked levels!

Sludig

Damned if you do, damned if you dont, is kind of the mentality you have to have. Do you stay natural and have an ever decreasing amount of testosterone? Or do you commit to TRT and live life happily and not bet on worst case scenario?
How quick did you feel effects? IE is there any window where you could kinda get an idea of how your going to feel etc, but still early enough to dump them if you find out it makes you too hulk angry or no energy boost?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Any doctor that tells you every month or even every 2 weeks for your test shots has no idea what they are talking about, and you should seek someone else. Weekly minimum, and some swear by every other day.
This has to be a troll lmao

• 1Like

Daidraco

How quick did you feel effects? IE is there any window where you could kinda get an idea of how your going to feel etc, but still early enough to dump them if you find out it makes you too hulk angry or no energy boost?
When I switched, it took me two weeks, maybe three? Before I noticed a change in my energy levels and a change in my general apathetic attitude. Depending on how low/high your T count is, natively, will probably dictate how quickly you notice any changes. Doctors say it takes about 6 months to fully realize the effects, however. I used to come home for lunch and would fall asleep for like 15-25 minutes routinely and now I dont. I havent had weight issues since before I was in the Army/Highschool. But the guys I know that encouraged me to take TRT, they've lost an absolute fuck ton of weight. Generally, they werent fat before they got into their 30's and 40's, so I think there is still a certain personality trait you have to have when you finally do start having energy to lose a ton of weight (for whoever is reading this). But thats not to say the increased energy wont help you with your body image even if you do have a sedentary personality.

What to expect after 3 months of TRT?
Testosterone Injection Timeline

4 weeks after starting: Improved lipid profile and sexual performance. 3 months (12 weeks) from the start: Better glycemic control, increased exercise capacity, and noticeable changes in body composition. 6 months into treatment: Increased bone density and possible changes in PSA levels.

As far as the hulk smash, me angry, thing - that has to be Trenbolone or something (actual steroids).I know someone thats taking some kind of steroid that he gets out of Eastern Europe, and he has a short temper. But he's still a pushover. Just because he gets angry doesnt mean hes going to violently lash out at old women and children, lol. Ive noticed that I have less patience, and a general lack of empathy. But really, "in my mind" I feel like its just reverting you to the personality you had when your T levels were higher - not turning you into Juggernaut.

Ive had this conversation a few times here in the past couple months on this board, for some reason. I guess its just our age range that is making it popular. But according to the studies, it will take several years (Ive seen as low as 4+) before any of the negative effects of TRT become permanent. But we're talking about low sperm count, which shouldnt be a huge issue for most of us here. My balls havent shrank after a Year+ of using it, if that was a question. Hypogonadism is treatable if that is, though. Also, your sperm can still be harvested for vitro fertilization if you do want a child and stay on TRT. But generally, everything Ive read says that you can revert back to your "natural" low T self within 4-6 weeks after being on it for less than 2 years. Being on TRT for a full 6 month regiment should have no long term effects if you want to experiment.

If you do your own research, you have to sift through pages designed for women that want to be men. So be aware of what you're reading before you get too far. Quick way to find out is to do a search for "enlarged clitoris" as soon as you hit the page. :trump: