Weight Loss Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I only change my avatar when a dog is shot. Unless you're planning on going out and shooting a Yorkie in cold blood then no.

And don't hate on my manly big dick diet that I'm trademarking. You can't refute it, it is all based on facts. And cool stuff.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wouldn't eat pasta if I was trying to lose weight, as we are in the weight loss thread and all. This has nothing to do with the fact that a rogue noodle murdered my family when I was 3 and I am on a path of righteous vengeance against it.
Carbs are good bro.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Carbs are good bro.
Not for me. I started out at 400 pounds, pre-diabetic (insulin resistent). Eliminating sugar / flour / starch caused me to drop weight like it's going out of style.

Most people can handle carbs, but there's a percentage of the population like me (Land whales, massively obese fuckers) that the only reason we're obese is biology. Sugar is in fucking everything and it's poison to some of us.

Fuck your pasta, that shit breaks down into sugar. Bacon for the master race.

Kevin-Bacon.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Did I mention I'm diabetic? Probably awhile back. Carbs are worse for me, so I'm sorry I took my anti-carb frustrations out on all of you carbmen.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He's referring to your comment "the only reason we're obese is biology". Pre-diabetic didn't tip you off that you were simply eating too much(carbs)? If you have a genetic condition, losing weight would be really hard.

You can still have pasta(well, maybe not you anymore, mr. insulin resistant) and lose weight. Just gotta budget those carbs correctly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I usually eat the whole wheat pasta anyways unless we go out to eat somewhere. It's only marginally better for you, and tastes about the same. There's also some diabetic friendly pasta but I haven't tried it yet.. I assume it's just hype.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's obviously been a while since you've had real pasta. Whole wheat pasta is a lot like gluten-free foods that try to imitate the original recipe. Close, but different enough to be insultingly bad. I'd rather not have pasta than eat whole wheat pasta.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It has been quite awhile, admittedly. I am just now coming to terms with the fact that I have a debilitating disease. Maybe I should go on disability and play video games all day and moderate a forum.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's the one I was actually thinking of (and I work in grocery part time, heh). My aunt has T1 Diabetes and swears by the stuff.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's obviously been a while since you've had real pasta. Whole wheat pasta is a lot like gluten-free foods that try to imitate the original recipe. Close, but different enough to be insultingly bad. I'd rather not have pasta than eat whole wheat pasta.
The Barilla whole grain thin spaghetti is rather good imo, but I was also exposed to whole wheat products at a very young age. My dad is the same way, refuses to eat anything whole wheat. He'd rather die than sacrifice taste. This is also the man who taught me the only way to eat a steak is black and blue and to suck on the bone.

He also enjoys tons of fat, bone marrow, and anything deep fried. Also drinks 5 8-10% abv beers a day and smokes 2 packs of cigs. How is he still alive? He's the healthiest man I know!

spronk

FPS noob
There's several brands of low-carb pasta, this is the one I like. Most grocery stores sell it and it's not terribly expensive(Ussuallt $1.50-$2 as opposed to $0.89-$1.30)

In terms of taste, I can't tell the difference personally.
Dreamfields is a diabetic scam, it definitely causes an insulin reaction and their "patent pending starch" and "protected carbs" shit is bullshit (scroll down to the end and another group of researchers find its the same glycemic effects as regular pasta):
http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-dreamfields-pasta-fraud

I bought like 10 boxes of the stuff last year and loved it, tasted just like real pasta and I was happy as a clam until I read on reddit about it being no different than regular pasta for blood sugar levels. They will also kick you out of ketosis if you are trying to do that.

I don't really eat pasta anymore but once in a while I'll eat shirataki noodles, I bought a box of the miracle noodles from amazon. They don't really have a taste, just the texture of noodles and you have to stir fry them in a sauce to make them taste like anything. I do love the occasional beef noodle and broth or pork strips and shrimp stir fry though.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I usually eat the whole wheat pasta anyways unless we go out to eat somewhere. It's only marginally better for you, and tastes about the same. There's also some diabetic friendly pasta but I haven't tried it yet.. I assume it's just hype.
I like that you say marginally. Problem with wheat these days is is that it's very addicting and not like how it used to be. Sighz.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Barilla whole grain thin spaghetti is rather good imo, but I was also exposed to whole wheat products at a very young age. My dad is the same way, refuses to eat anything whole wheat. He'd rather die than sacrifice taste. This is also the man who taught me the only way to eat a steak is black and blue and to suck on the bone.

He also enjoys tons of fat, bone marrow, and anything deep fried. Also drinks 5 8-10% abv beers a day and smokes 2 packs of cigs. How is he still alive? He's the healthiest man I know!
That's the only whole grain pasta I can eat. The spaghetti is fucking terrible. Things like shells and rigatoni seem very grainy (like sand). Something about it being thicker makes the whole grain taste like cardboard. And other brands just don't seem to do a very good job at it. Somehow the Barilla thin spaghetti actually tastes decent though.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I miss the days where I'd eat an entire box of spaghetti, a full bag of meatballs, and an entire jar of pasta sauce for dinner. Those were the days!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ignoring that store-bought meatballs and pasta sauce are horrible, how would you even stomach that much food in one meal? That's like sumo training proportions.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Ignoring that store-bought meatballs and pasta sauce are horrible, how would you even stomach that much food in one meal? That's like sumo training proportions.
When I was in my early 20's I used to make a box of tuna helper, and then eat it all. At once.

Not doing that anymore, needless to say. Seemed like the thing to do at the time
smile.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How many calories would that be? I'm having trouble finding an image of a tuna helper nutrition label. I've never had any of the "helper" products, so I don't have a feel for how much food the prepared dish would be. I do know that a whole box of Barilla pasta(1600 cal) and sauce and meatballs and cheese is a ton of food.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've done it more than once with Hamburger helper and also the new Velveeta Cheesy Skillets (absolutely diarrhea inducing with this one).