Weight Loss Thread

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
bro you used to drink garlic sauce.. doing literally anything besides that will have monumental results
Perhaps. You make the assumption that I could stick to any of those diets. Diets where I'd go hungry and, like the weak bitch I am, once hungry I'd quit.

This works for me and I'm losing a lot of weight. Therefore, it's optimal.

Spronk:

5505240453_70567ca197_z.jpg

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
God I eat like shit. It's okay though, I'm still sexy as fuck. I'd be sexier if I ate like a normal being, though.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd agree Keto is a more extreme approach and not something to be done long term for most. Just my opinion. That said it's miles better than the typical shitty diet many people have. It's not so much that carbs are bad it's the pizza, bagels, chips, cakes, cookies, muffins, giant hero bread sandwich with crappy deli meat... and sugar in general, in large quantities. This is the shit that makes you a fatass, generally speaking. The whole calories in calories out, overeating mantra is so simplistic as to be useless.

I think it's good for people to be aware of how bad that whole "fat will kill you" thing was. The solution is not "carbs will kill you" but it should be recognized that many people just dont know what the hell is good for them.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
40/40/20 macro split for me. or at least, I try. Counting macros is too fucking difficult.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
This works for me and I'm losing a lot of weight. Therefore, it's optimal.
This. It is funny reading this exact argument play out in the exact same way. Personally, I think the best thing you can do is to follow a program that works for you, that you can stick to. It may not be what you run with for the rest of your life, but if it takes you from 400 lbs to 200 lbs, right on.

I am not necessarily on the fasting bandwagon, I like eating too much. However, I do a variation of keto and it has been successful (closing in on 30 lbs gone!). Forward progress is the biggest motivation, it is certainly keeping me going. When you hit your goal, evaluate what you have been doing, tweak your program, and move on.

The thing that any new diet brings on is a consciousness to what you are putting into your body. That is the most important thing. If that is the lesson that you learn from your program, good on ya.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
You shouldn't be allowed to talk about p90x or insanity in this thread. You'd be better off looking up bodyweight or kettlebell WODs and doing a rotating few every couple weeks so u can chart progress.
Why can we not talk about p90x or insanity in this thread? I haven't tried insanity, but I have started doing p90x... I don't follow the program, but I have it at my girlfriend's house because it is an easy way for me to get her to exercise, because she won't do it on her own, and doesn't go to the gym, but if I say, "let's put in a p90x dvd" after she puts her kid to bed, I can actually get her to work up a sweat. It doesn't replace my workout, but I don't normally do cardio on my own, so I count it as that and tell myself that it's letting my heart get into better shape.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This. It is funny reading this exact argument play out in the exact same way. Personally, I think the best thing you can do is to follow a program that works for you, that you can stick to. It may not be what you run with for the rest of your life, but if it takes you from 400 lbs to 200 lbs, right on..
I think Arkk must have tried to have the same argument with at least five different people through the course of this thread #issues

Why can we not talk about p90x or insanity in this thread? I haven't tried insanity, but I have started doing p90x... I don't follow the program, but I have it at my girlfriend's house because it is an easy way for me to get her to exercise, because she won't do it on her own, and doesn't go to the gym, but if I say, "let's put in a p90x dvd" after she puts her kid to bed, I can actually get her to work up a sweat. It doesn't replace my workout, but I don't normally do cardio on my own, so I count it as that and tell myself that it's letting my heart get into better shape.
I wasn't serious.

I think Arkk must have tried to have the same argument with at least five different people through the course of this thread #issues
Ahh, telling morbidly obese people that their weight loss plan is ridiculous and unnecessary, totally uncalled for right? Because no one knows a person who is 100lbs, 200lbs, or even 300lbs overweight that has a new diet or a fool proof plan that will get them into shape. That person also figured out why they are so obese to begin with in designing this plan, and they will fix all of their problems in just a few months.

No I have never heard this story before, please go on.

I'm trying to stick to 2000 calories a day. If I under eat on one day how much can I eat the next day extra and come out at roughly the same "spot"?

Yesterday I ate 1440 calories for whatever reason. If I eat 2560 today is that really the same as eating 2k both days?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm trying to stick to 2000 calories a day. If I under eat on one day how much can I eat the next day extra and come out at roughly the same "spot"?

Yesterday I ate 1440 calories for whatever reason. If I eat 2560 today is that really the same as eating 2k both days?
Think about weekly calorie intake and try and meet that

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty much that. Think of it like this. Your diet didn't make you fat in just 1 day, or even 1 week. So your day to day diet isn't make or break either. If you fuck up and splurge one day, it's not the end of the world. You just make up for it some other day. So likewise, in this scenario, you under-ate significantly, so just make up for it throughout the rest of the week. You don't even have to do it in one day, you can spread out those 500 calories over the entire week and it becomes just 100 a day.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys buy into this counting macros shit? I do think it's important to get enough protein and shit, but if you just fucking eat enough balanced food throughout the day you should hit everything fairly easily, no?

Seeing all these fucking pictures and it has to be a bullshit fad happening to suck more money out of people who want an easy way to just get huge or drop weight.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Uh, that's the point of macros. So I can have a rum and coke and not give a shit. Eating balanced food all day is more of a pain than entering my food into an app for 5 minutes a day.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uh, that's the point of macros. So I can have a rum and coke and not give a shit. Eating balanced food all day is more of a pain than entering my food into an app for 5 minutes a day.
Having a balanced diet is more difficult than entering arbitrary numbers into an app to hit your macros? The fuck...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Having a balanced diet is more difficult than entering arbitrary numbers into an app to hit your macros? The fuck...
Yeah? I'm assuming you're otherwise not counting anything? I don't understand what's arbitrary about it.

I'll admit I'm lenient about carbs and fats, only making sure I hit protein and in the area for the other two.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah? I'm assuming you're otherwise not counting anything? I don't understand what's arbitrary about it.

I'll admit I'm lenient about carbs and fats, only making sure I hit protein and in the area for the other two.
Well for instance, I just ate some sushi. I have no fucking idea what the calorie, protein, carb, or fat content in any of it is, especially when you get into specialty rolls with a ton of shit in them.

And do you weight your shit at home? Or do you just look at a sweet potato and somehow know all the content within it? Because I've used myfitnesspal and a lot of their info and data on there is completely off. I had to manually put everything in.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Tell you what. When I stop getting results doing what I'm doing I'll try your shit. Until then, I'm losing weight faster than a cancer patient.

WHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Don't be jelly.
Bro, if no one gave a shit they wouldn't comment and would let you fuck yourself up however. We're all bros. We care a lot.

rrr_img_40033.jpg

The point is that yeah, losing weight is your number one priority, and it should be for you, but it isn't your ONLY priority. There is more to life than just not being a land whale. You got this way through bad habits that were learned over the course of your life. Do you think you are going to correct it with more bad habits? Even if you do get progress towards some short term goals, you need to have your eye on the prize.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well for instance, I just ate some sushi. I have no fucking idea what the calorie, protein, carb, or fat content in any of it is, especially when you get into specialty rolls with a ton of shit in them.

And do you weight your shit at home? Or do you just look at a sweet potato and somehow know all the content within it? Because I've used myfitnesspal and a lot of their info and data on there is completely off. I had to manually put everything in.
That's why I've never counted macros. I just make sure I hit my protein, and hope that I get about 80g of calories from fat. Otherwise, I could give a shit. It's hard enough taking foods that aren't labelled (e.g. restaurant, or if you're cooking something with several mixed ingredients) to calculate total calories. Fuck trying to break everything down into macros and tracking those too.

It wouldn't be too bad if you're always eating the same things, but I vary my diet too much.