Log Wizard

Attachments

• 35345F5F-AD57-47FD-AAD4-68A2E3C052B4.jpeg
    35345F5F-AD57-47FD-AAD4-68A2E3C052B4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
See that small opening, I literally just stick it to my tongue and turn it upside down and drink a little water. Think back to school days when we would eat those pica salts and stuff. When I’ve had enough I put it back in a ziplock bag and put it my cooler. Also I find it can help with hunger cravings as well for beginners.

View attachment 341030

have you ever considered being a hand model :emoji_thinking:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It has other minerals, got a link I can check out for what you are referring to sir?
i was mainly talking about the size of the salt grain, you got powder... like table salt size
4b1669269ff7b80cb1083ef4c87a75cc.png

you might want to go up in grain size, up from this is like kosher salt. now when some of us say kosher salt, we don't mean the salt that jews use to drain the blood of cows, but kosher salt refers to grain size, the reason why kosher salt size is associated with jews is b/c that larger grain allows more blood draining
5fcd81f90381831f675c0721629d3766.png

think of kosher salt grain size as pretzel salt.

what i'm talking about is corse salt, this is the size you put in salt grinders
425b4932b9c94250b8a332a0d11931ec.png

now if we're talking about different types of salt, theres your basic old "sea salt" you just take a bucket of water and let it evaporate and theres your sea salt (along with whatever garbage is in the ocean)

the "posh" sea salt to get is "celtic sea salt" which is basically the same thing but from france.

what you got "redmond real salt" is good, it comes from a salt mine in utah, it's old salt from years ago in a mine and you can get any different amount of grain sizes. i just use the himalayan salt, which is also a salt mine in the himalas, it's just distinctively pink is all.

both have the "race minerals" and etc

this is the brand i'm currently using
83db1ab5dde8de5bf9116f7488fbe3a2.png

SaltWorks Ancient Ocean Himalayan Pink Salt, Coarse Grain, 5 Pound Bag

i honestly don't know how it's so cheap and it's 5lbs

i mean you can buy a cheaper bag, but like at 7bucks for 1lb... why

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
i was mainly talking about the size of the salt grain, you got powder... like table salt size
4b1669269ff7b80cb1083ef4c87a75cc.png

you might want to go up in grain size, up from this is like kosher salt. now when some of us say kosher salt, we don't mean the salt that jews use to drain the blood of cows, but kosher salt refers to grain size, the reason why kosher salt size is associated with jews is b/c that larger grain allows more blood draining
5fcd81f90381831f675c0721629d3766.png

think of kosher salt grain size as pretzel salt.

what i'm talking about is corse salt, this is the size you put in salt grinders
425b4932b9c94250b8a332a0d11931ec.png

now if we're talking about different types of salt, theres your basic old "sea salt" you just take a bucket of water and let it evaporate and theres your sea salt (along with whatever garbage is in the ocean)

the "posh" sea salt to get is "celtic sea salt" which is basically the same thing but from france.

what you got "redmond real salt" is good, it comes from a salt mine in utah, it's old salt from years ago in a mine and you can get any different amount of grain sizes. i just use the himalayan salt, which is also a salt mine in the himalas, it's just distinctively pink is all.

both have the "race minerals" and etc

this is the brand i'm currently using
83db1ab5dde8de5bf9116f7488fbe3a2.png

SaltWorks Ancient Ocean Himalayan Pink Salt, Coarse Grain, 5 Pound Bag

i honestly don't know how it's so cheap and it's 5lbs

i mean you can buy a cheaper bag, but like at 7bucks for 1lb... why
I like the smaller grain, I cook with Pink Himalayan sea salt.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What I find most surprising is how much tea and coffee helps stave off hunger

I drink 3-4 cups a day with a few drops of stevia and basically forget about food for most of that 24 hours
It's because caffeine is an appetite suppressant (most stimulants are). It's precisely why all those gas station "weight loss" pills are absolutely loaded with caffeine.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It's because caffeine is an appetite suppressant (most stimulants are). It's precisely why all those gas station "weight loss" pills are absolutely loaded with caffeine.

brb gonna go eat a handful of salt

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

also speeds up metabolism and is one of the most tested/studied performance enhancers, which is also why every pre workout supplement is loaded with caffeine

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Separate post for this one as it's a clear rebuttal of the above statement

Explain this then: Long-Term Effects of a Novel Continuous Remote Care Intervention Including Nutritional Ketosis for the Management of Type 2 Diabetes: A 2-Year Non-randomized Clinical Trial

262 type 2 diabetics on a low carb, ketogenic diet were given nutrition advice, coaching and telemedicine. This group was referred to as the Continuous Care Intervention group, they got education on keto diets in order to stay in ketosis, protein intake was set, they had an app to log weight, glucose, BHB and to allow them to check in with their coaches/medical team for adjustments as required

Plus 87 participants on a regular diet.

Study lasted two years

View attachment 340949

Whilst they clearly lost a lot of weight and had similar significant decrease in blood glucose, why did both their weight and abdominal fat creep up in year 2, despite being monitored for ketosis adherence and their fasting insulin being slightly lower at the end of year 2 than after 12 months

Ketosis and 50% lower fasting insulin should have meant continual weight loss, or at the very least weight maintenance. But instead there was a modest increase in both weight and abdominal fat

Tagging Faux Faux and Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre too

"But this study was bad/flawed, and look here is a superior study which just happens to support my world view

260 participants with two years of monitoring, coaching and tracking. Ok

Okay, I'm going to try this one last time. This will be genuine and with no insults, an actual attempt at this discussion.

You ask this question:

Ossoi said:
Whilst they clearly lost a lot of weight and had similar significant decrease in blood glucose, why did both their weight and abdominal fat creep up in year 2, despite being monitored for ketosis adherence and their fasting insulin being slightly lower at the end of year 2 than after 12 months

First, their fasting insulin would not be what any of us have been talking about. It is great that their fasting insulin remained low, but what matters is the amount of time they spend with a low level of insulin in their system vs. the amount of time they have elevated insulin levels and are storing fat.

Second, from the information provided, it appears that the amount of time that was mandatory for the participants to spend with the doctors and support staff learning about proper diet and control was substantial in year 1 but greatly decreased as the study continued.

Third, and you're not going to like this, but the study wasn't well-controlled for ensuring ketosis in the participants and so can't be used to make some damning indictment of keto. The Discussion section clearly states:

Study Discussion said:
While laboratory BHB levels were increased from baseline, the encouraged range of nutritional ketosis (≥0.5 mM) was observed in only a minority (14.1%) of participants at 2 years. On average, patient-measured BHB was ≥0.5 mM for 32.8% of measurements over the 2 years.

So, in total, the group was in ketosis for less than a third of the entire study. Also, since only 14% were in ketosis at the end of the two years it stands to reason that the majority of the participants' time spent in ketosis came in the first half of the study when there was much more contact with the staff concerning proper diet and control. That mandatory contact was reduced to once every three months in year 2, down significantly from the early part of the study, and so more people came off the diet.

I looked all over and couldn't find any breakdown of the actual data from the participants or even the groups that would allow me to see if this was the case. Is that data somewhere on the site and I just can't find it? I can only find data broken down among starting, year 1, and year 2.

So you made the statement:

Ossoi said:
Ketosis and 50% lower fasting insulin should have meant continual weight loss, or at the very least weight maintenance. But instead there was a modest increase in both weight and abdominal fat

But the group wasn't keto for the vast majority of 2 years and no one has ever argued that low fasting insulin levels automatically lead to weight and fat loss. The claim has been that weight and fat loss occur when insulin levels remain low for a sustained period of time, a key feature of nutritional ketosis and one present during periods of fasting.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I will respond to your points one at a time, when I am satisfied you've answered the question correctly, I'll move onto the next

First, their fasting insulin would not be what any of us have been talking about. It is great that their fasting insulin remained low, but what matters is the amount of time they spend with a low level of insulin in their system vs. the amount of time they have elevated insulin levels and are storing fat.

Actually your claim was:

But you keep thinking that CI - CO = C (net) = weight gain/loss is how your body works, when we have these magic things called hormones that direct our body in using/storing energy.

And actually the claims of Faux Faux and Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre were more about the effect of spiking insulin on fat loss. Your claim renounces CICO as the cause of weight loss in favour of hormone/insulin control

Your claim summarised: "You are wrong to think calorie balance matters for weight loss. Hormones aka insulin control how the body uses/stores fat"

(I also note you didn't respond to the first two "here's how insulin actually works posts")

But anyway, your first response just smacks of moving the goalposts:

They were prescribed ketogenic diets, started off on 30g of carbs a day or less but this still wasn't for them to lose more weight / not regain the weight

I legitimately don't understand:

fasting insulin.jpg

They clearly lost a lot of weight in the first 12 months. - What caused this if it wasn't dropping their fasting insulin sufficiently?

If they were on a ketogenic diet then what else would be elevating their insulin?

"but what matters is the amount of time they spend with a low level of insulin in their system vs. the amount of time they have elevated insulin levels and are storing fat." They went from 255lbs to 220lbs in year 1, how does one "store fat" whilst losing 30lbs?