Weight Loss Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
you can eat all the bread you want and drink all the beer you want, just stay within your calorie range.
Sure, but doing so requires significantly more willpower since I feel hungry faster on a processed carb-heavy diet. It's far easier to just not consume them than it is to fight feeling ravenous for hours at a time.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People have.

"Nothing in this blood work tells us what his cancer risk would be in the next 20 years."

This is always the bullshit they pull. Same with the climate change scare tactic.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
"Nothing in this blood work tells us what his cancer risk would be in the next 20 years."

This is always the bullshit they pull. Same with the climate change scare tactic.
What is healthy for you and what will cause you to lose weight are completely unrelated. You want to lose weight? Eat less. You want to live a long time? Eat a balanced, natural diet avoiding excessive red meat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

As in twinkies and steak is a viable longer term diet? Or a general comment on a lack of data to back up “the sky is falling” type claims?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As in twinkies and steak is a viable longer term diet? Or a general comment on a lack of data to back up “the sky is falling” type claims?
No, the "we don't know if this will be bad for you in 20 years so don't do it."

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
If my doctor were to give me metformin I’d take it, he won’t so I go with natural remedies such as apple cider vinegar and berbine and internet fasting along with low carb diet.

These guys will (legit):

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
What is healthy for you and what will cause you to lose weight are completely unrelated. You want to lose weight? Eat less. You want to live a long time? Eat a balanced, natural diet avoiding excessive red meat.

There is literally no evidence that excessive red meat will kill you any faster than excessive sugar or excessive anything else. All evidence to the contrary is made up of data relying heavily on food questionnaires that are hopelessly confounded.

Additionally, there is no evidence that there is any such thing as a "balanced" diet for long life.

Besides, this is the absolute horseshit that passes for health and food "science" these days:

1658786744729.png

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tried the Royo artisan bread this morning. Tasted damn good. 13 grams of carbs but 11 grams of fiber so 2 net carbs per slice. Expensive as fuck but damn it's nice being able to eat bread.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I had gotten quite fat a couple of years ago. Lost 40 pounds just doing Intermitent fasting and cutting carbs down.
Now I've gotten used to somewhat low carbs diet(I still eat a lot of fruits, but cut down snack, bread, rice,..), and whenever I gain a few extra pounds, I just fast 3-7 days. Fasting is a lot easier that I thought it to would be, and it's supposed to be good for various stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I feel like this thread should be changed to “General Health” or something instead of just weight loss

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Hesitant to post because I don't want to jinx myself, but I have successfully worked out 6 days in a row. No major feat, but it is better that what I did in July and is certainly better than what I did before July. I purchased an Aviron Rowing Machine and I am following an 8 week plan with 24 total work outs, I am just skipping the off days. I have also been stretching and doing agility drills with my kids every day as well as ISO Abs (planks) for core strength.

I dropped the carnivore diet and I just trying to stay low carb with the 16/8 intermittent fasting. I am moving toward a 20/4 and eventually would like to do the one meal a day Warrior, but I need to work up to that especially with this level of exercise. I plan to add in some yoga toward the end of the month and for sure in September.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I purchased an Aviron Rowing Machine

Rowing suuuucks but damn does it work. When I was doing 20 minutes of HIIT 4-5x per week my resting heart rate dropped into the low 40's and I just never got tired doing anything else.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Rowing suuuucks but damn does it work. When I was doing 20 minutes of HIIT 4-5x per week my resting heart rate dropped into the low 40's and I just never got tired doing anything else.
Funny you say that because so far I love rowing. I love the full body engagement, I enjoy the mental part of watching my Split, Watts and SPM. I hate treadmills and stationary bikes.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It makes me unspeakably sad that in order to stay fit I need to write off regular consumption of bread and beer.

Beer may be bad, but tequila is 0 carbs.

Tried the Royo artisan bread this morning. Tasted damn good. 13 grams of carbs but 11 grams of fiber so 2 net carbs per slice. Expensive as fuck but damn it's nice being able to eat bread.

Right now I'm counting total carbs not net carbs. I don't want to fuck with what's working, but when I get to a plateau, I think I'm going to try net carbs for a while and then I'll try this stuff.