Weight Loss Thread

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eat less and exercise more works for me. Oh and have a heart attacks and 2 surgeries. The weight just dropped off.

• 1Rimshot
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
you live in jewy bagel mecca and you go and eat some frozen atkins shit to save a few calories, how about you just skip breakfast m-f and get a real deli cream cheese lox bagel on the weekends.

i mean youre in the jew thread but don't eat the real jew food? what?
Learn2Atkins friendo.
It aint about the calories, its about the carbs. Counting calories is for plebes.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Nah, I don't really feel depressed anymore.

Fasting.
The majority of the people on this forum that have lost weight and kept it off are those that have gone low carb/keto.

I've never needed to drop serious weight, but there days I eat mostly meat and fruit because eating this way lets me eat as much as I want without gaining weight or feeling like shit. It has also allowed me to completely stop taking Prilosec for reflux, a drug I was taking daily for over 15 years. Oh, severely limiting alcohol also helped a lot with not feeling like shit all the time. I probably do one or two drinks on Saturday and that is it.

• 1Quality Calories

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The majority of the people on this forum that have lost weight and kept it off are those that have gone low carb/keto.

I've never needed to drop serious weight, but there days I eat mostly meat and fruit because eating this way lets me eat as much as I want without gaining weight or feeling like shit. It has also allowed me to completely stop taking Prilosec for reflux, a drug I was taking daily for over 15 years. Oh, severely limiting alcohol also helped a lot with not feeling like shit all the time. I probably do one or two drinks on Saturday and that is it.
It is the way.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Stop drinking alcohol. Sleep normal hours. Count calories. Do some sort of semi intensive cardio every day. And don’t plan on losing 60 pounds, plan on losing 10 and after that plan for 10 more and so on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People fail continuously on calorie restriction diets though. Roll Atkins/Keto carb restriction until you hit your desired weight and then Mon-Fri strict Atkins/Keto carb restriction and then enjoy yourself on weekends. The Mon-Fri carb restriction will balance out the gain from the weekend carbfest.

LiquidDeath

People fail continuously on calorie restriction diets though. Roll Atkins/Keto carb restriction until you hit your desired weight and then Mon-Fri strict Atkins/Keto carb restriction and then enjoy yourself on weekends. The Mon-Fri carb restriction will balance out the gain from the weekend carbfest.

I've argued this with many people on the forum over the years and have come to realize that they are just different than me. I'm impressed with the people who can do starvation diets. Their continued ability to starve themselves is something that is not successful for me. I much prefer giving up carbs completely and literally eating until I can't take another bite over keeping carbs in my diet and rationing them while still being hungry.

I can't argue with the success for those people, though. Even if it isn't my preferred way to maintain a healthy weight, it clearly works for the people who can sustain it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've argued this with many people on the forum over the years and have come to realize that they are just different than me. I'm impressed with the people who can do starvation diets. Their continued ability to starve themselves is something that is not successful for me. I much prefer giving up carbs completely and literally eating until I can't take another bite over keeping carbs in my diet and rationing them while still being hungry.

I can't argue with the success for those people, though. Even if it isn't my preferred way to maintain a healthy weight, it clearly works for the people who can sustain it.
Yeah different strokes for different folks. Over the years I mentally moved beyond eating beyond a normal portion even if it's all protein. That was a mental hurdle that once I overcame the low carb thing became a part of my normal routine. Early on I would just eat too much steak/chicken because "I could". Now, I don't even eat a full 16 oz steak anymore. I'm down to 10-12 ounces plus salad/veggies for dinner.

I will however enjoy pasta/bread/deserts on weekends though.

Ps.. those high fiber bagels I linked really make a nice change of pace during the week. Either with some good Irish butter or egg and cheddar. All for under 10 net carbs once or twice a week.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Starvation diets are dumb. If a person is eating 700 calories a day and thinks its sustainable, this person is a fucking idiot. Everything done in the extreme fails over long term when will power is necessary and restricting calories needs to be done in a reasonable manner. Dont eat 700 calories, eat 1700. Eat meat and leafy vegetables. Dont eat anything processed. But also dont skip carbs, its ok to cheat with a little bit of sugar or something as long as you stick to a proper amount of calories.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Starvation diets are dumb. If a person is eating 700 calories a day and thinks its sustainable, this person is a fucking idiot. Everything done in the extreme fails over long term when will power is necessary and restricting calories needs to be done in a reasonable manner. Dont eat 700 calories, eat 1700. Eat meat and leafy vegetables. Dont eat anything processed. But also dont skip carbs, its ok to cheat with a little bit of sugar or something as long as you stick to a proper amount of calories.
The trick (for me) is to take nearly all of my carb intake from veggies on low carb periods. Generally stay under 25 grams of net carbs a day M - F.

LiquidDeath

I consider any diet where you don't eat until you feel satiated a starvation diet.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I consider any diet where you don't eat until you feel satiated a starvation diet.
Damn dude, you fat.

Rest In Peace Fun GIF by Barstool Sports

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Haha, I weigh 155 lbs at 6 foot tall. I have even been trying to gain weight and am having a hard time doing it without carbs.
Better start lifting heavy then. Kick that metabolism up another notch and gain mass through muscle.

• 1Solidarity