Weight Loss Thread

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
most beef aficionados prefer grass fed grain finished beef, as opposed to all grass

we finish the ones we've fed out in the pasture on high quality grains and they’re wonderful
Makes sense, my parents used to buy a calf at auction and raise it in their pasture. Grass and then garden scrap + grain or corn finished (can’t remember the details). Practically a different protein than what you get in the store.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
most beef aficionados prefer grass fed grain finished beef, as opposed to all grass

we finish the ones we've fed out in the pasture on high quality grains and they’re wonderful

I've found that I greatly prefer grass fed/finished ground beef, but any whole meat cuts I greatly prefer grain finished for the quality and taste of the fat.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Okay 19 days straight on the Rowing Machine and I am still really enjoying it. The work outs fly by and am I am really starting to understand how to control all the movements of each stroke. I wish I would have tried a Rower years ago.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pointless article and has already been getting debunked. Alters microbiomes but there’s unknown data to the effects. Author also says “only drink water”.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

"Collectively, our study suggests that commonly consumed NNS may not be physiologically inert in humans as previously contemplated, with some of their effects mediated indirectly through impacts exerted on distinct configurations of the human microbiome"

If you accept that gut microbiome is important, then you should consider that fake sugar garbage altering your gut microbiome could have consequences.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So after my workout this morning I did 6+ hours of back breaking labor in the 100 degree heat with unusually high humidity. Two months ago, after a day like this, I would have been cramping in pain all night. After a shower I felt and feel great. Days like this really help me to remember how I am simply just better when I work out daily. This Rower is really a game changer for a bigger guy like me, it's easy on the joints, works multiple muscle groups and requires a mental focus that allows me to ignore my fatigue. I am excited to workout tomorrow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Today was technique day which comparatively to the other workouts is much easier, however, today's workout kicked my ass. It felt like the workout after game day. Everything was stiff and tired. I pushed hard and got a sweat pretty early. I felt weak and tired and loved every second of the struggle. I forgot how much I love this shit.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Today was technique day which comparatively to the other workouts is much easier, however, today's workout kicked my ass. It felt like the workout after game day. Everything was stiff and tired. I pushed hard and got a sweat pretty early. I felt weak and tired and loved every second of the struggle. I forgot how much I love this shit.
You might have sweated out a fuckton of electrolytes and fluid. If you didnt replace it properly it could explain the tough workout today.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
You might have sweated out a fuckton of electrolytes and fluid. If you didnt replace it properly it could explain the tough workout today.
Probably, I mostly drink water and I have one coconut water everyday. I probably should have had a Gatorade. I will have one or two now.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Probably, I mostly drink water and I have one coconut water everyday. I probably should have had a Gatorade. I will have one or two now.
Gatorade has a shit ton of added sugar in it. Though everything else is all fake sugar/sugar alcohols.
I’ve started drinking these BodyArmor Lyte things maybe once a week if water isn’t cutting it or I’m just feeling particularly dehydrated.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Gatorade has a shit ton of added sugar in it. Though everything else is all fake sugar/sugar alcohols.
I’ve started drinking these BodyArmor Lyte things maybe once a week if water isn’t cutting it or I’m just feeling particularly dehydrated.

I don't disagree, I really don't drink Gatorade. The wife just happened to buy some for the kids so it was simply a matter of convenience. Aside from coffee/zip fizz to start my day I drink water 99% of the time. I have a few adult beverages every now and again, maybe once or twice a month sometimes nothing for a few months.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
I don't disagree, I really don't drink Gatorade. The wife just happened to buy some for the kids so it was simply a matter of convenience. Aside from coffee/zip fizz to start my day I drink water 99% of the time. I have a few adult beverages every now and again, maybe once or twice a month sometimes nothing for a few months.
I used to drink those zipfizz things too, but they never seem to dissolve nicely and the fizz has a weird texture and tartness.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Don't forget that overtraining is also a thing.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The zero calorie poweraid does the job also.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Don't forget that overtraining is also a thing.
Sleep and rehydration are badly underrated components of fitness and weight loss. If you're not peeing basically clear all the time, you're not drinking enough. Also, for many people, myself included, their body tends to mix up the signals of thirst and hunger, leading to obvious overeating. Drinking whether you feel thirsty or not, or when you start feeling like you want a snack, can make it easier to cut back on calories.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Down 8 pounds , so about 2 lbs a week give or take, some of that’s gonna be fluid /poop variation. No red meat no sweets , and caloric reduction. More fats less carbs. No exercise other than elliptical while watching shows, as I don’t wanna run while this fat and fuck up my knees.

18 hour fasts a day. Only problem is headaches, think I’m forgetting to drink enough fluids sometimes.
Started out trying to avoid cholesterol as much as possible but had to add back dairy. Also had to add back diet drinks, fucking no way I could do this without muh splendas. Overall been pretty easy so far, even at my age (40+). Once kid gets older and we start goin out more again I can see it getting harder

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>

"Collectively, our study suggests that commonly consumed NNS may not be physiologically inert in humans as previously contemplated, with some of their effects mediated indirectly through impacts exerted on distinct configurations of the human microbiome"

If you accept that gut microbiome is important, then you should consider that fake sugar garbage altering your gut microbiome could have consequences.
A great breakdown/response to the study. Not sure who this guy is but apparently we’ll known.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was gonna post that too. Layne is very highly regarded in the fitness and nutrition sphere. He debunks a lot of studies and YouTuber bullshit.