Weight Loss Thread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Jesus he must have an awful time buying comfortable jeans with those massive quads. I actually think he looks kind of ridiculous, though. His legs are huge and his upper body is scrawny as hell. He looks very disproportionate. I understand he most likely doesn't give a shit cause he's an athlete, but I can't imagine any normal person wanting to look like that.
You're being a little dramatic. His legs are massive, but his upper body is far from "scrawny as hell"

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
GTFO with that nonsense

cwghoy1.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's not really fair to compare the two pictures. He does look relatively scrawny in the first picture. By scrawny I mean it looks like most people who are regularly active and have lowish body fat but who don't necessarily work out their upper body. Obviously he looks a lot more ripped in the second picture because his shirt is off and he's flexing. Having seen the second picture I'd say he probably does work on his upper body, which just proves the point that pure cardio alone won't get you looking ripped like those guys.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
At that level they are at, there is quite a bit of gym work. Mostly legs/core since when doing standing starts/sprints, it's a full body effort. For mid level/amateurs there are two mindsets to training, one is gym based and the other is all on the bike. You can guess which one I'm in.

I'm just gonna drop it though, seems the consensus here is that to be fit means having a swoll upper body where as I view being fit as being able to be athletic without feeling like you are going to die.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not really sure what that does for his point either. Nobody is arguing that bike riding is bad or that you can't ride them and still be ripped. It's just not going to give you an amazing body by itself.

If you don't care about a jacked upper body and love bicycling then more power to you.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just gonna drop it though, seems the consensus here is that to be fit means having a swoll upper body where as I view being fit as being able to be athletic without feeling like you are going to die.
People who do a lot of cardio as part of their lifestyle rarely need to lose weight, so yeah you don't hear much from us in a weight loss thread.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
At that level they are at, there is quite a bit of gym work. Mostly legs/core since when doing standing starts/sprints, it's a full body effort. For mid level/amateurs there are two mindsets to training, one is gym based and the other is all on the bike. You can guess which one I'm in.

I have nothing against biking and cardio in general. You wrote that "not all cyclists are scrawny" and then posted pictures of guys who clearly (after seeing the first guy shirtless, at least) work out their upper bodies in addition to cycling.

My only point was that to get bodies like the above two cyclists you need to do more than simply cycle. It might be obvious to you, but you left it unstated (thus implying that cycling resulted in their bodies) and there are TONS of people (and many lurkers here, I imagine) who assume that doing endless cardio will somehow get them toned bodies. Then they turn skinny fat and are surprised that they don't have definition in their abs, shoulders, back, and arms.

I fully support any weight loss or move towards a healthier lifestyle, but I think it's important that people have a realistic idea of their goal and how to reach it.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I feel you. I'd just personally have a lean muscular body too so I guess so I'm just biased. I just see too many chubby guys walking around with huge arms and it makes me roll my eyes. Meatheads are just as bad as cardio rats.

Rydil

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I feel you. I'd just personally have a lean muscular body too so I guess so I'm just biased. I just see too many chubby guys walking around with huge arms and it makes me roll my eyes. Meatheads are just as bad as cardio rats.
But it can just be that they each have different goals. Meatheads just want to bench 400 lbs so they don't care what they look like as long as they can lift that. And cardio rats goal could be to weight [insert low number here]. They are both happy doing what they are doing because their goal isn't appearance.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Posting a picture of one of the top cyclers in the world also doesn't prove anything. Top athletes in any sport will obviously look different from regular people who do the same sport at an amateur level.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I'm definitely deep into ketosis - strips showed dark pink, foggy head killing me at work, and now my breathe smells like anus.

Thanks keto!

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've love to try a keto diet, but as an air traffic controller, I can't really afford to be foggy at work, even if it's only for a week as my body would be transitioning over. Any advice?

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've love to try a keto diet, but as an air traffic controller, I can't really afford to be foggy at work, even if it's only for a week as my body would be transitioning over. Any advice?
When going through Keto Flu I have found chicken bullion helps quite a bit. I treat it just like I have a cold because that is what it feels like. Drink lots of fluids, etc.

Have you been through it before? Some folks get lucky and it isn't as bad. Others I am sure are the opposite. Personally, the majority of the symptoms dissipate in around 3 days. Maybe just start on a Thursday night and try and make it happen over a weekend (or whenever your weekends are).

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
My symptoms haven't been too bad. The foggyness usually hits after I eat and last about two hours.

splok_sl

shitlord
If you want to be really safe, just gradually reduce the amount of carbs you eat. Start knocking off 10-20% per week until you get where you want to be and you'll probably never notice a difference.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Not all cyclists are scrawny, that's mostly just climbers who try to be like 130 lbs so they are faster up hills. Here's Chris hoy who won a lot of medals last Olympics.
rrr_img_63827.jpg
LOL, what a fucking joke - using one of the best cyclists of the last few years to justify your argument - do you think his training regime consists of just cycling? I'm pretty sure that he spends WAY MORE time in the gym than any casual weightlifter. It's like posting a picture of Ronaldo's physique and saying "LOOK FOOTBALL MAKES YOU RIPPED AND MUSCULAR" - yeah a lot of footballers are pretty lean and have low levels of body fat but Ronaldo is one of the few who combine that with a lot of muscle because he spends so much "extra curricular" time in the gym above and beyond what most footballers do.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
My point was cardio isn't some mystical beast that destroys muscle. I quit posting and this thread went back to the normal circle jerk of "Bro, So ketotosis, such wow". I never said you'd be able to totes bench 250, I said if you just want to be in shape/lose weight/not count calories, cardio is fucking amazing at that.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I said if you just want to be in shape/lose weight/not count calories, cardio is fucking amazing at that.
But you used an absolute beast of a professional athlete to justify that. And as I pointed out, Chris Hoy doesn't just do cardio and didn't get that physique by just doing cardio, hence the picture is irrelevant.