Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

Juvarisx

Florida
Playing this 100% straight was the correct choice. Thought it was great.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like just about every comedian ever did a cameo in this.

I was never a big Weird Al fan, but the humor would be exactly as you'd expect.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Ridiculous and hilarious. I'm only disappointed that they stopped short of White & Nerdy.

Some day this will be perhaps not technically the best movie, but it will arguably be the most famous comedy in an extremely specific genre of movies.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I totally forgot that this movie started out as a skit on funny or die many years ago.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lmao this was a very entertaining, 100% fully accurate movie of his life

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Worth the watch, loved the totally straight , just the facts approach.

1st time watching the Roku channel, ads were annoying but no more than they are watching a football game. 99% political ads though, Tuesday cannot come fast enough!

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Great movie. Ending during the credits was my favorite part. Had to relisten to the Gilbert Gottfried podcast when he interviewed Weird Al.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah the call in the restaurant about Bad

(I'm paraphrasing)
Its a song Michael Jackson made up copying you , "something about getting into fights or trying not to get into one? I dont know."

^ fucking lol

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm about halfway through and this is way more over the top. I love it

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I really wanted them to double down on the Michael-Jackson-copying-him thing with Fat. The movie was getting long at that point, but I would have trimmed some earlier stuff and had him really beef with Michael. Throwing in Prince was a nice touch. (For those that don't know, Prince was one of the few musicians that denied Weird Al's request to parody him...he had at least 3 songs ready to go if Prince ever gave him the green light.)

He performed Beat On the Brat live at the show I went to last month. Front row center...literally felt like it was just Weird Al, myself, and his 2 guitarists jamming. Nobody else in the audience existed. I don't know how long he's going to keep doing this, but if that's the last time I see him in concert, it couldn't have been better.

• 1Like

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
This was even more outrageous than I expected. Loved it. It had some spots that could have been written/edited better, but overall enjoyable since I've been a huge Weird Al fan from the start.