Welcome to retrolled

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was connected to a woman.... forgot who though. It's been many years and in the end it turned out to be "I'd let her fuck me in the ass with a strap-on if she let me fuck her" or something like that...

I hope.
Nope. It was more along the lines of "Tell me you wouldn't let a hot chick fuck you with a strap-on" .

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Is it any surprise? Germans love anuses and poop:http://www.vanityfair.com/business/f.../europe-201109

Perhaps because they have such a gift for creating difficulties with non-Germans, the Germans have been on the receiving end of many scholarly attempts to understand their collective behavior. In this vast and growing enterprise, a small book with a funny title towers over many larger, more ponderous ones. Published in 1984 by a distinguished anthropologist named Alan Dundes, Life Is Like a Chicken Coop Ladder set out to describe the German character through the stories that ordinary Germans liked to tell one another. Dundes specialized in folklore, and in German folklore, as he put it, "one finds an inordinate number of texts concerned with anality. Scheisse (shit), Dreck (dirt), Mist (manure), Arsch (ass).. Folksongs, folktales, proverbs, riddles, folk speech-all attest to the Germans' longstanding special interest in this area of human activity."

He then proceeded to pile up a shockingly high stack of evidence to support his theory. There's a popular German folk character called der Dukatenscheisser ("The Money Shitter"), who is commonly depicted crapping coins from his rear end. Europe's only museum devoted exclusively to toilets was built in Munich. The German word for "shit" performs a vast number of bizarre linguistic duties-for instance, a common German term of endearment was once "my little shit bag." The first thing Gutenberg sought to publish, after the Bible, was a laxative timetable he called a "Purgation-Calendar." Then there are the astonishing number of anal German folk sayings: "As the fish lives in water, so does the shit stick to the asshole!," to select but one of the seemingly endless examples.

Dundes caused a bit of a stir, for an anthropologist, by tracking this single low national character trait into the most important moments in German history. The fiercely scatological Martin Luther ("I am like ripe shit, and the world is a gigantic asshole," Luther once explained) had the idea that launched the Protestant Reformation while sitting on the john. Mozart's letters revealed a mind, as Dundes put it, whose "indulgence in fecal imagery may be virtually unmatched." One of Hitler's favorite words was Scheisskerl ("shithead"): he apparently used it to describe not only other people but himself as well. After the war, Hitler's doctors told U.S. intelligence officers that their patient had devoted surprising energy to examining his own feces,and there was pretty strong evidence that one of his favorite things to do with women was to have them poop on him. Perhaps Hitler was so persuasive to Germans, Dundes suggested, because he shared their quintessential trait, a public abhorrence of filth that masked a private obsession. "The combination of clean and dirty: clean exterior-dirty interior, or clean form and dirty content-is very much a part of the German national character," he wrote.

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
Hopefully this is relevant here.

Any ETA on how long the website is fixed in terms of having to use a Proxy?

I can't even post half the time because I can't stay logged in, and it's a serious pain in the ass to just browse having to go back to hipeipproxy constantly.

I was having a blast at MoreNetz, finally getting into the groove of posting again and enjoying the community. I love it here too, but I can't do shit and I've already had my DownTempo thread taken from me.
frown.png

If it's going to be a long term issue, I'd just like to know so I can find a more permanent solution to get back into posting here. Not whining, that's all. Thanks for these boards, I still go to FoHguild on accident all the time. Couldn't imagine my daily news and timekilling without this community. Thanks!

p.s. Changing to Google's DNS, etc. didn't work either.

frown.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I fixed it by editing my hosts file to point to the right IP(142.4.28.176). After I did that, I removed it from the hosts file and I didn't have to go through proxy any longer. This was in the first day the site was up, though. So I don't know if my ISP's DNS had just refreshed or what I did actually fixed it.

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
Seems to be a different problem entirely I think.

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection towww.rerolled.org.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Also, from a command line try "nslookup www.rerolled.org" just to make sure you're resolving the correct IP. I believe that was what was causing the vast majority of the problems when they launched. You can also try ipconfig /flushdns if you haven't already.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Some routers given out by companies like Comcast have a setting that will prevent you from flooding a site with views (like say if your machine were infected with a Tyen bot and it started trying to DDoS a particular site). It happened to me at times on games like Die2Nite when we'd be spamming refresh looking for a new town to join. The router would think that I was infected and blocked me from accessing that site. I don't remember what it is called, and I'm sure it is different per router, but it would probably be something with "flood" or "spam" in it. Typically if you uncheck that, power cycle the router, and flush your dns, you'll be good to go again.

Might not be your issue at all, but figured I'd toss it out there.