Westworld

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I remember her just fine. That is why i was wondering who the woman at the sales pitch really was. How many bots have you seen control other bots?

The fact that she's one of Delores' lieutenants should have let you known quite clearly that she's a host.

evan-rachel-wood-talulah-riley-westworld-season-2-02-600x350.png

She was also in last season in the park as a character, as well.

Edit: Unless you think some past version of her was human, which makes every human a potential host and vice versa, and then what's the point of the question?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Edit: Unless you think some past version of her was human, which makes every human a potential host and vice versa, and then what's the point of the question?

The question was whether or not anyone else had the same thought as me. What the point of it is? It seemed unusual and out of place and therefore might have some meaning and is worth the additional thought. Some people here are suggesting that humans are uploading themselves into host bodies to live forever. Was she one of the first ones? And if she was, what happened to her and why is her will not free?

The whole show demands thinking and to ask what the point of such a process seems...dumb.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Dolores and her band are running around with six shooters and riding horses and shit. Its pretty obvious, to most people that arent full on retarded, that the hosts did not gain any special technical knowledge. Plus there is the fact that the show is all about the question "What makes one human?" and making super intelligent all knowing murder bots would in no way force the audience to wonder about such a question as the hosts will clearly not be human.

Yah. If Dolores and her robit rebels had superior knowledge and understanding to a modern society human and the technical skills to go along with it. Their literal first action would be to find the control center and the security teams modern weapon stores.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
actually, thats a point. the "weapon" Dolores is going after might be her decommissioned "father". she was shown that wasn't she? the father who was a cultist/preacher, , college educated, etc.. him remembering all his past life skills would be dangerous. also, in general if she turns on all those decommissioned robots.
And bernard/lady is going after him as well.

Humans are still acting incredibly stupid, and security forces are totally incompetent, getting murdered left and right. Humans have all come in two kinds so far in this show. Suicidal, or retarded. those of you insisting the robot revolution can't happen. have the humans in the show, shown any level of competency to make you think thats the case? I'm not sure the scores of armed security in the park managed to kill a single robot.

The robots will have to discover for themselves and then find a way to circumvent the failsafe bomb in their chests that Maeve had removed.

Which required a full reconstruction of the spinal column or whatever with a specialized design that didn't have the bomb in it. Minor speedbump for Team Dolores!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The question was whether or not anyone else had the same thought as me. What the point of it is? It seemed unusual and out of place and therefore might have some meaning and is worth the additional thought. Some people here are suggesting that humans are uploading themselves into host bodies to live forever. Was she one of the first ones? And if she was, what happened to her and why is her will not free?

The whole show demands thinking and to ask what the point of such a process seems...dumb.
My first thought was that she was the only human one. I went into that scene thinking Delos Jr. was going to buy the technology and open a park, and that chick whom he seemed infatuated with, would be one of the first robots he made. So he could have "fun" with her.

Instead they went with the premise that the entire world was essentially already created and just looking for a cash inflow.

Lots of people who think they're the smartest motherfuckers in the room on this board sometimes.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dolores and her band are running around with six shooters and riding horses and shit. Its pretty obvious, to most people that arent full on retarded, that the hosts did not gain any special technical knowledge. Plus there is the fact that the show is all about the question "What makes one human?" and making super intelligent all knowing murder bots would in no way force the audience to wonder about such a question as the hosts will clearly not be human.

Well it sounds like william maybe was stupid and let delores see some special project he was working on. That could potentially allow the hosts to even the score power wise. Also delores is not all knowing she has just been around since the start of the program and was shown things and taken out into the real world. The fact they never fully wipe hosts memories are going to come back and bite them in the ass.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
My first thought was that she was the only human one. I went into that scene thinking Delos Jr. was going to buy the technology and open a park, and that chick whom he seemed infatuated with, would be one of the first robots he made. So he could have "fun" with her.

Instead they went with the premise that the entire world was essentially already created and just looking for a cash inflow.

Lots of people who think they're the smartest motherfuckers in the room on this board sometimes.
I wonder if Logan's initial failure with identifying the hosts, amplified by his experience in the park with William, lead him to believe the same thing as Ford did. That the hosts are the next step in human evolution. And this is what he meant when he said his father and William ended the human race (however he said it). I bet that Logan spends lots of his time trying to sabotage and stop Westworld from coming to fruition. And destroying Logan further, and maybe even murdering him, will be another step towards the men in black for William. Most likely a major and defining step.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder if Logan's initial failure with identifying the hosts, amplified by his experience in the park with William, lead him to believe the same thing as Ford did. That the hosts are the next step in human evolution. And this is what he meant when he said his father and William ended the human race (however he said it). I bet that Logan spends lots of his time trying to sabotage and stop Westworld from coming to fruition. And destroying Logan further, and maybe even murdering him, will be another step towards the men in black for William. Most likely a major and defining step.

I am pretty sure this is the case. I think what happened to him woke him to the fact that if the hosts are not fully sentient now they are pretty damn close to it and sooner or later they will cross that threshold and now you have created a race can make themselves stronger/faster/smarter and turn off their "death" reflex so only massive damage would be sufficient to stop them. So ya you pretty much just made your replacements and started them off by locking them into a rape, murder, torture theme park I am sure that will endure you to your future synthetic overlords.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't William murder Logan last season? I thought he killed him in Westworld.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Apparently broke him mentally when he sent him off naked on that horse.

All it would take to even or tilt the power in favor of the robots would be super user access and a high speed internet connection.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sent him off naked, tied up, on horseback, into the unknown. Generally though I feel like if someone doesn't die on screen, they didn't die.

And considering it seems like that retirement party took place after those events, I think he just became pacified.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
He left him naked on a horse near the edge of the park. Which apparently was one of the most memorable parts of season 1!

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Well he was a coddled play boy that falsely thought he was the alpha. Then William fucked him.

Can't really Keep up the facade etc after the little twerp beta cucked you, so... It shattered his self image. And if TDS had taught us anything, it's that those delusions are deep and steadfast.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Got a new email today:

Westworld Update: Action Required
Delos Corporate Alerts <[email protected]>

eFUHtAnMGdjFBbxca8JAyvTjBRnVqMi0U3iG0hBtZZzsRj2-UHzJRoUCA5JkH4PibnXt4Fz_8mPlXlsrdCOg-yByWAxc5b4CB4NrBECVtr0X6UxVWkSRfyAtNhM3CkwOF5TEU9GJm0fH4IblQGK-cUHmrBhd2a0WTqEyXgFkjsWgyLSnBA=s0-d-e1-ft

Attention Delos Employees,

By now, you have heard about the viral outbreak at the parks, and as such, all traffic between the mainland and the island has been suspended. The operating staff at Westworld has assured us that the situation is under control, and we will be doing our part to support them here as they continue to enclose on the contagion. We will not be sending reinforcements at this time.

Mainland employees, we're asking for your assistance with the following action items:

IVXFyHNmchmL7Vz46852eQNk0sVqbb_HUMuBZWsJoqFRlSGam6iwOAfLO1qo6Tvufik5G5XyhViqUDS-9DuvDiBGRReTj1vpz0EBNiTkLWv93BP-kiTgfMRvq_EcmfvtOZsbH5leKBVVkS5rlAzNNvjrALZH9OVh_CdPU0v0VXGjkRfFmoCR9O5SYc3tJ3LA=s0-d-e1-ft

Additional eyes on the ground are needed as Mesa employees are consumed with the disruption. Please make sure that all is as it should be.

095L-goMqRMs_Qn4N9af57ZHct9cvQhfGbtRORymE2Ot1t0H6_iLHUMZ27O4zVG5v-jFiqMuVH6Jbn11Bmni_W8j8-xOMT7lPNYYUxCTIgjX-3CqXrsB1Is36hQfLOaTri9qkwqANGijgeG9Heod3gMSG6x2bpds67rA-TPbjgugHj7CMPjbURHrSLUfeYUt=s0-d-e1-ft

Corporate Research Group employees, please check in immediately.

Thank you for your patience during this time. More news @ Delos:

HkwBk0bUKUtYOfv9RcVzh03-rzVxceo1ITLFpdrxtZFTDuLhX9_MRuAy-CIH8NKWLq-62y5m7ggMt3aRedBz76ocDl3tyDKJPhO8rx1WQg99-ob8W-1d5TORGVhLHGeXh95_eZ_WFGd-NF2qB9jGr7Ecp6pYmafVJPA7zYP0rzR7JFK1bdAnX_wZrp9iSAIx=s0-d-e1-ft

Highlights from the Delos corporate retreat, graciously hosted by our esteemed leadership.

IAPQ2owAHUExPd-Yn2LnIsnJ78ZOdCkh0gdbH4aPY6bFOG0tiDnykKrWxdE5NureSc5QCaVFKkNdXhqlUUyH1Lr7ubzCkueDaa92QcnPTjL5Xw6NML1DqzMFT-XWoTokUWtuWt9hFgevl-VVj8H1XMxUkJVIfUd3elPDmJ6WB1XCrQaYXAeoGNdNNz-4iX-B=s0-d-e1-ft

Our ongoing series featuring standout work across our parks and divisions. Reboots can be tough to crack, but one host in Pariah has proven to be the outlaw to the rule.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well he was a coddled play boy that falsely thought he was the alpha. Then William fucked him.

Can't really Keep up the facade etc after the little twerp beta cucked you, so... It shattered his self image. And if TDS had taught us anything, it's that those delusions are deep and steadfast.
and that probably spiraled into Logan being a worthless drug addict (he was shooting up some new age stuff), so that means papa Delos loses Logan to degeneracy and William is right there to be the number one son.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Sent him off naked, tied up, on horseback, into the unknown. Generally though I feel like if someone doesn't die on screen, they didn't die.

And considering it seems like that retirement party took place after those events, I think he just became pacified.

My interpretation is that all the flashback scenes we're getting this season with William are occurring AFTER his flashback scenes in S1 (so after he has been changed/enlightened).

• 1Like