Westworld

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
And it makes no sense for Dolores to know that Bernard is a host and that he would help her after being her jailer for so many years.

You mean the guy who she shot dead 30 years ago? It kinda makes sense to me that she now knows he is a host. You think she holds a grudge for him playing his Chief of Behavior loop all those years? Wow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Did you consider Bernard might tell her or what Maeve will do after finding her daughter?
Did you read the conversation you jumped into? Or do you just reply to random shit without knowing what is being talked about? Does it make you feel smart?

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Did you read the conversation you jumped into? Or do you just reply to random shit without knowing what is being talked about? Does it make you feel smart?

I read it and that is why I responded about mass producing being the only secret weapon that makes sense. You then got retarded all up in here.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I read it and that is why I responded about mass producing being the only secret weapon that makes sense. You then got retarded all up in here.
So you think the hosts became intelligent enough to figure out how everything works and can run it themselves? They gained intelligence beyond human capabilities? Because that is what was being talked about, not what is at the end of dolores' rainbow.

Other than the two hosts that have been mentioned, none of them know how westworld is run. None of them can write code. None of them can engineer a fucking thing.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
hosts can be made in seemingly a day, at least the bodies.

remember, maeve had to get out of westworld so she burned herself and hector, and they rebuilt her (w/o the bomb in her spine cuz of the tech), not to mention all the decomissioned hosts in the sub basement.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I thought the decommissioned hosts is where Dolores was headed before she actually went wherever it is she is going. But why would she do that? She can just wander around to find the two hosts that know how to run the system, without her actually knowing that they know or where they are, in order to achieve her goal of fighting off the human assault party that is imminent. Makes sense.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You assholes acting like everyone is a super programmer in the future and there's not preloaded build x on those machine's gui

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If that shit was all preloaded single button solution then the staff at Westworld would be all females because those can be paid 20% less. Since there are men, clearly that shit requires some skills.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You assholes acting like everyone is a super programmer in the future and there's not preloaded build x on those machine's gui

You're acting like there's a button for, "make robits sentient" in every host's UI.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
"revelry"?

yeah, I remember. That update that made all the hosts party and have a good time. That was a good update.

OT, every episode I become more and more convinced they need to drop the "mystery" bullshit, put "50 years ago" at the bottom of the screen for flashbacks, and focus on telling the story instead of trying to be oooh so mysterious all the time. Its a cool story so far. Just tell the story.
Seriously, this.

I tried watching that Wild, Wild, Country show on Netflix yesterday. 15 minutes in my wife asks me if I'm enjoying it and I'm just like, "Fuck no, no one knows how to tell stories anymore. I'm 15 minutes in and I have no fucking clue what's going on." In fact, I finished the episode, and they're still super obscure about what's going on.

At some point media people decided that being super mysterious and having their viewers guess at shit all the time was a replacement for a coherent storyline.

While I enjoy Westworld a lot still, it's getting really frustrating. But Westworld is just a symptom of whatever the fuck it is these writers are going through. And it's making me want to consume their content less.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I thought the decommissioned hosts is where Dolores was headed before she actually went wherever it is she is going. But why would she do that? She can just wander around to find the two hosts that know how to run the system, without her actually knowing that they know or where they are, in order to achieve her goal of fighting off the human assault party that is imminent. Makes sense.

I honestly wonder if you even are watching the show but just feel like trolling here.

The hosts have become sentient multiple times over their lifetime but Ford/Arnold would roll them back. As they become sentient they also remember everything which we clearly see with Dolores. Lets not also forget they're machines and there's plenty of real life examples where machine learning jumps exponentially as it completes each loop through the problem.

The end of S1 has all the decommissioned hosts attacking the party with Dolores and then in this episode they mention they number around 50 which isn't enough to take out the rendezvous point.

Seriously there is being confused because the story isn't being told straight out and then there is being retarded about stuff that is clear as day and referenced numerous times.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I honestly wonder if you even are watching the show but just feel like trolling here.

The hosts have become sentient multiple times over their lifetime but Ford/Arnold would roll them back. As they become sentient they also remember everything which we clearly see with Dolores. Lets not also forget they're machines and there's plenty of real life examples where machine learning jumps exponentially as it completes each loop through the problem.

The end of S1 has all the decommissioned hosts attacking the party with Dolores and then in this episode they mention they number around 50 which isn't enough to take out the rendezvous point.

Seriously there is being confused because the story isn't being told straight out and then there is being retarded about stuff that is clear as day and referenced numerous times.
Are you ok? Are you high?

Lets try and digest the last page of this thread, yeah?

You ask why some people are getting hung up on the number of hosts. And then you imply that the numbers might not matter because they (the rebel hosts) can just make more.

i then wonder how it is the hosts know how to make more hosts.

Your answer to that is: Bernard and also that they can just figure it out because its sentient AI.

In my reply to that I was attempting to understand why you think the AI somehow attained not only self awareness but also advanced technical skills.

Chanur then suggests that Maeve and Bernard know and they can tell the other hosts about it.

That is followed by it being pointed out that Maeve gives no fucks about Dolores and that Bernard isnt someone Dolores wants to go to or even knows that she should.

Then there is the post that you just replied to that suggests that for Dolores to go wandering around looking for hosts she does not know have the knowledge and whose location she does not know is probably retarded given that the humans are landing imminently to shit stomp her and her band of rebels.

And here we are now, with your potato level reply about something really fucking obvious and that has nothing to do with the conversation other than restating what everyone here already knows.

Does that about sum it up for you or do we need to get even dumber?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
man fuck dolores and her skynet shit, i hope she only knows about humans from 30 years past and we have shit that'll drop her robotic cunt in fear when she comes face to face with the preppers who always knew a robot revolution was coming. alternatively if dolores starts building real terminators that would be cool too but this "hunt for the mystery weapon" is kinda lame.

loved seeing Gus Fring, too bad that lasted like 2 minutes. Hope this season speeds up the tempo a bit, all the past stuff is ok but its pretty obvious and could have been compressed to one or two short scenes really.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The popular idea in sci-fi is that when the computers become sentient it will be just like Terminator or the Matrix where they will instantly become superior to us in every way and then either wipe us out or enslave us. I kind of like the idea that they would be basically babies in the way that they interact with the world and others and they obviously don't know shit about the outside world aside from Dolores knowing that city lights are splendid. I don't know if that's what they're going for, but it would be an interesting idea. Obviously Bernard is an exception to this, but it's not clear at all so far that he's joining the rebellion or even planning to side with the hosts.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Dolores and her band are running around with six shooters and riding horses and shit. Its pretty obvious, to most people that arent full on retarded, that the hosts did not gain any special technical knowledge. Plus there is the fact that the show is all about the question "What makes one human?" and making super intelligent all knowing murder bots would in no way force the audience to wonder about such a question as the hosts will clearly not be human.

• 1Like

Caliane

actually, thats a point. the "weapon" Dolores is going after might be her decommissioned "father". she was shown that wasn't she? the father who was a cultist/preacher, , college educated, etc.. him remembering all his past life skills would be dangerous. also, in general if she turns on all those decommissioned robots.
And bernard/lady is going after him as well.

Humans are still acting incredibly stupid, and security forces are totally incompetent, getting murdered left and right. Humans have all come in two kinds so far in this show. Suicidal, or retarded. those of you insisting the robot revolution can't happen. have the humans in the show, shown any level of competency to make you think thats the case? I'm not sure the scores of armed security in the park managed to kill a single robot.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
man fuck dolores and her skynet shit, i hope she only knows about humans from 30 years past and we have shit that'll drop her robotic cunt in fear when she comes face to face with the preppers who always knew a robot revolution was coming. alternatively if dolores starts building real terminators that would be cool too but this "hunt for the mystery weapon" is kinda lame.

loved seeing Gus Fring, too bad that lasted like 2 minutes. Hope this season speeds up the tempo a bit, all the past stuff is ok but its pretty obvious and could have been compressed to one or two short scenes really.

I think its been 100s of years vs 30 and either the main “humans” are uploaded consciousness in bots or there is serious life expanding tech. The real world flashbacks just dont jive tech wise with other shit.

Prob wrong though.

Completely agree the ‘lost’ style mystery is annoying and tiresome. Example being season one was 20x more enjoyable on second watch through after i knew what was actually going on.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
I'm going to guess that there is some federal agency that's building a case against Delos. They've been secretly collecting information on what they're doing with all the data Delos is collecting (blackmail, extortion, body cloning, etc) and that's what needs to get out of the park.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Seriously, this.

I tried watching that Wild, Wild, Country show on Netflix yesterday. 15 minutes in my wife asks me if I'm enjoying it and I'm just like, "Fuck no, no one knows how to tell stories anymore. I'm 15 minutes in and I have no fucking clue what's going on." In fact, I finished the episode, and they're still super obscure about what's going on.

If you think that documentary is "super obscure about what's going on" you may be in way over your head with Westworld. That was a very well made documentary about something that actually happened and was told quite well.

I think the bigger problem is that you expect to be clued in on the entirety of the story within 15 minutes. Just go read wikipedia or get the cliff's notes if your attention span is that short.

• 1Like