Westworld

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Suppose all the robits unite and its still 10k robits against all of mankind... it's retarded unless they find some equally retarded super weapon that was, for some reason, stored in an amusement park (oops!).

I didn't think of it until just now but I suppose it's possible since we know that Ford was complicit in the hosts becoming conscious, that he built them some sort of weapon to defend themselves and told Dolores about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone else wonder if the blondie in the sales pitch scene with Logan was a host or a human?
bot
tumblr_oeukxx3vHl1re7y7wo4_r1_500.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I didn't think of it until just now but I suppose it's possible since we know that Ford was complicit in the hosts becoming conscious, that he built them some sort of weapon to defend themselves and told Dolores about it.

Well she said that someone foolishly showed it to her and now that she remembers its a weapon. So it's probably something William worked on somewhere. One of the park's other purposes that she intends to weaponize. That we are just now exploring.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I miss Clementine.

westworld_clementine.png

One thing I found interesting is that a bot being "dead" is mostly a programmed response to being shot, stabbed, etc. The human tech dude quickly revived whats-his-name via the control panel.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
One thing I found interesting is that a bot being "dead" is mostly a programmed response to being shot, stabbed, etc. The human tech dude quickly revived whats-his-name via the control panel.
Unless youre shot in the head and leaking out brain motor oil fluid, so you gotta go and steal some like Bernard, that's probably the only perma death. Maeve most likely 100% removed that "reflex" from Hector (since the prev episode he was full of bullet holes and still functioning fine), so he could perform as the perfect terminator.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What if Ford isn't really dead, but uploaded his consciousness into the Park's computers before Dolores shot him? The game he's got going with William seems too well planned, he was able to predict what Will would do too easily. So what if he didn't plan it at all, but is in the computers and is improvising it?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
What if Ford isn't really dead, but uploaded his consciousness into the Park's computers before Dolores shot him? The game he's got going with William seems too well planned, he was able to predict what Will would do too easily. So what if he didn't plan it at all, but is in the computers and is improvising it?

Probably true. Delos and Young Willy were obviously talking about how Delos was dying and was going to port his consciousness into a host. Most implications seem that Arnold had already done that last season, possibly. Ford definitely did it. I think Delores is going to the place where people are dumped into host bodies and she's going to basically delete the human part and activate the host parts so she's essentially killing a bunch of people while gaining a bunch of host followers. That's my guess as to what the "weapon" thing meant.

But yeah. I'd say 100% for sure they're using people to clone them into hosts and 75% chance they're dumping people's brains into hosts for the right price. Logan was right, it's the end of humanity.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm confused on how some of you are getting caught up in how many hosts there currently are. Again what would stop them from building more since there is clearly tools in the park to do so let alone the fact that most can be repaired rather quickly as well?

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I'm confused on how some of you are getting caught up in how many hosts there currently are. Again what would stop them from building more since there is clearly tools in the park to do so let alone the fact that most can be repaired rather quickly as well?
I dont know? Maybe because it has been shown that none of the hosts have any idea how to work the tech? Other than Maeve.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I dont know? Maybe because it has been shown that none of the hosts have any idea how to work the tech? Other than Maeve.

Yeah. Just because you're a robit who's gained sentience doesn't mean they have super intelligence and specialized knowledge in technology and stuff.. While sure, given enough time they could figure out shit I'm sure. But they're still programmed with the knowledge of a 19th century Wild West person. Dolores was amazed at the marvel of... streetlights.

Odds are low that they could figure out how to build and program new hosts into sentience. There seem to be woke and sleeping hosts in terms of which ones are sentient or not and have been through the maze of suffering that Arnold designed.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

Ignoring the host that has for however many years worked side by side with Ford? And again it's sentient AI, to think they couldn't figure that shit out sharpish is kind of ridiculous.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Ignoring the host that has for however many years worked side by side with Ford? And again it's sentient AI, to think they couldn't figure that shit out sharpish is kind of ridiculous.
You think someone with your level of intelligence would be able to figure it out just by staring at it?

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
LOL, so funny
The hosts didnt attain super human god level intelligence. They attained intelligence. They arent going to magically figure out something as complex as what Westworld is.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They can literally crank their intelligence at the push of a button.

Why couldn't they download all the schematics for their systems too?

Only weapon I can think of that would be dangerous to mankind is if they can mass produce robots or humanity is largly machine already.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
They dont know that they can crank up their intelligence. They dont know shit. Maeve knows but the rest do not.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
They dont know that they can crank up their intelligence. They dont know shit. Maeve knows but the rest do not.
Maeve knows. Bernard knows. It wouldn't take much to spread the word.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Maeve knows. Bernard knows. It wouldn't take much to spread the word.
Maeve doesn't give a fuck as we saw. And it makes no sense for Dolores to know that Bernard is a host and that he would help her after being her jailer for so many years. What makes sense is for her to go find as many hosts as possible, not to get a random epiphany that she can be super smart.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Did you consider Bernard might tell her or what Maeve will do after finding her daughter?

• 1Like