Westworld

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
one thing for sure though

dolore is infected and is capable of spreading this disease.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Agraza

Registered Hutt
very trippy with all the memory shit.

reminds me a bit of tom cruise in edge of tomorrow. dude started to lose his shit after a few deaths.

i need to rewatch groundhog day

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Enjoyed the second ep as much as the first. Only issue I have is the chic who speaks horrible english. I feel like all her scenes are rather bland and unecessary, or that could just be her acting that feels that way. Just stands out really bad considering how well everyone else is doing.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Westworld is what Everquest Next could've been! STORYBRICKS, FUCKERS!

Harris is gonna end up with a Fiery Avenger.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ok so obviously someone programmed in a backdoor which is activated by the verbal command ".

Yeah thats what i thought with the count backwards thing.

I'll try and flick through and find exactly what who said it

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What's up with the gun found by Dolores ? is it something from the first episode, or could it be a real gun smuggled inside somehow ?

• 1Like

Caliane

Yeah thats what i thought with the count backwards thing.

I'll try and flick through and find exactly what who said it
The father said it to Dolores, after seeing the photo.

Gun was buried on her farm... just like the photo. we can assume it was planted.
father first quoted the trigger, after seeing the photo.

Photo then likely had some kind of subliminal trigger or something not picked up upon by the crew.
Dolores even quoted the "these violent ends" to security guy interviewing her. so, they didn't id it as meaningful then either.

Theres a bit of a silliness to the ethical treatment of robots. Basically pain, and feelings. Seems silly to program pain and feeling into a robot you plan on getting killed repeatedly.
Like... a robot remembering a lost daughter, and fear of being murdered by injuns... its absurd. Its a biological response. the robots are acting, not feeling. you could program understanding of it.

Westinggame/willywonka/scorch trial nonsense of the maze and next level of the park... I don't know what to think of that. Girl seemed to confirm there IS some kind of hidden ARG in the park for those that go on a murdering spree...

So, what do we think about the parks location? anyone remember if books/movies gave a location? will it matter? its on the ruins of the previous park apparently. but, that location could be changed. And we dont even know if the old park is Westworld, or future world.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
The father said it to Dolores, after seeing the photo.

Gun was buried on her farm... just like the photo. we can assume it was planted.
father first quoted the trigger, after seeing the photo.

Photo then likely had some kind of subliminal trigger or something not picked up upon by the crew.
Dolores even quoted the "these violent ends" to security guy interviewing her. so, they didn't id it as meaningful then either.

Theres a bit of a silliness to the ethical treatment of robots. Basically pain, and feelings. Seems silly to program pain and feeling into a robot you plan on getting killed repeatedly.
Like... a robot remembering a lost daughter, and fear of being murdered by injuns... its absurd. Its a biological response. the robots are acting, not feeling. you could program understanding of it.
i am guessing that it was their plan to insert feelings. hopkins wanted these robots to have human like detailed responses....

that would require tremendous programming over time but if they are given feelings, experiences, and 'learn" from those experiences, they become something completely different. they are not bound to their original drive or purpose.

To that point, why program them by the method of "purpose" and "drive?" why not program them to certain effect and responses, like what you see with google chat

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah. if we just for a moment said, ok robots can be programmed to have feelings. The next question would be, why in gods name would you program the robots being raped and murdered left and right, and have past histories of being cannibal cultists to do that to?
Literally Ex Machina. so.. you are trying to create sentient life.. by torturing it... And the victory condition is when it kills you for escape... ..how is that your plan? how are you a scientist? thats not how science works.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
i don't think it was hopkin's intention to mass murder these robots. They just happened to get murdered by unruly guests with no self-control. then that grew into an "attraction."

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Westworld is what Everquest Next could've been! STORYBRICKS, FUCKERS!

Harris is gonna end up with a Fiery Avenger.

Lol was thinking this after ep. 2 also. Ed Harris is just a future MMO addict who has done all the gay WoW "!" quests a million times and is now delving into the unsolved mysteries of Norrath. He prefers his MMO's to be sandboxes. A hero, not a villain!

*SPOILER ALERT* Radiohead on the piano in ep. 2.

• 2Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
She's going to proper fuck someone. I liked Hopkins say "no" to the lame MMO questline and give us our sandbox argument. What a pal.

I also think Harris is allowed to be a shitter to keep them in check. Like, this asshole will do some terrible stuff, lets let him do what he wants so we can see how it effects things : that way we'll always know what the worst case scenario is. He's like a white hat hacker or whatever the fuck they're called. White hat murderer?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

She's going to proper fuck someone. I liked Hopkins say "no" to the lame MMO questline and give us our sandbox argument. What a pal.

I also think Harris is allowed to be a shitter to keep them in check. Like, this asshole will do some terrible stuff, lets let him do what he wants so we can see how it effects things : that way we'll always know what the worst case scenario is. He's like a white hat hacker or whatever the fuck they're called. White hat murderer?
which also leads into an interesting symbolism.
McPoyle was given a very heavy handed hat color symbolism.. and choose white.

Hopkins was wearing a black hat as well.

• 2Like