Westworld

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Bro, did you watch the root of negative 1 scene? I had them put that in there for you.
This trash doesnt exist for me. Show ended last episode of Season 1.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Delores and friends were also built with a 30 year old host making machine that Arnold, who's been dead for 30 years or whatever, had in the basement of his old house. That was still there so long after his death. Now that French guy found it any damage to their host bodies should be irreplaceable.

But I'm sure we'll avoid that for plot convenience.

Remember how in season one they found Ford's lab making off the books hosts? Yeah me neither.

Not defending this show, but just to clarify. The host making machines are Delos tech. Fake Hale runs Delos, and Delores runs Fake Hale. She probably already has a spare or two stashed away somewhere. Also, those machines don't repair hosts, there are specific tools for that, like the one Delores uses on Fake Hale after she goes all cutter on herself. The same tools that the techs at Westworld used to repair Maeve just a couple episodes ago.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't the whole point of west world to make like the perfect AI? Then we find they already had perfecter AI outside.

No, it was just original Bernard that wanted the hosts to gain sentience. Also outside AI is a product of a completely different, unrelated company, and it isn't sentient.

That's like saying it's dumb for microsoft to be working on cortana when google is already way better at search.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think Delores is still grafted onto other hosts. Like, she couldn't spread herself out completely so it is Teddy and friends but with a Delores over-ride. Like Diluted Deloroes (TM). She's in there, but we're going to have a Teddy breaking out of Hale scene etc and then Delores will have the "AM I MONSTER STEALING IDENTITY LIEK TEH HOOMANZ DID TO US?????" scene.

Inevitable.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
If it really is Dolores in all of them why was she cutting herself, I don't get it.

What was the deal with her tapping her temple in some kind of knowing wink?

iannis

Musty Nester
Where did the season one writers go?

Season one was so smart. Two and three have not been smart at all.

Maybe it's just executive meddling. S1 had freedom because it was untested. And then the market research and focus groups happened.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Not entirely sure how I feel about this show at this point. This season hasn't been nearly as bad overall as season 2, but it hasn't been good either. Season 2 at least had some high points, this season is just kind of mediocre the whole way. I'm sure I'll end up watching the rest of the season, but I'm not very excited about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think the writers totally skipped the question of "if Dolores is in all the hosts, then why is Hale/Dolores cutting herself?"

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the writers totally skipped the question of "if Dolores is in all the hosts, then why is Hale/Dolores cutting herself?"
If the season is doing a dual world trickery like the timeline from prior seasons that question would be saved for later since she was cutting herself in the pattern of the divergence circles.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If the season is doing a dual world trickery like the timeline from prior seasons that question would be saved for later since she was cutting herself in the pattern of the divergence circles.
Possibly. Or the writers suck. 50/50 bet at this point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I want that drug. This show just went full retard. Delores goes from agent Smith to morpheus in one episode. No backstory or anything on her plan at all.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
It seriously undermines the series if the hosts instantly become super hackers the moment they step outside of Westworld and into the human world.

I really liked how they were AIs that became sapient in completely controlled environments and thought they were from the 19th century Wild West. Delores should be bewildered by modern human society and technology. They are machines yes. But they were never in total control of robotics they were never like living code if you will. That is beyond the nature of their existence. But they could reasonably learn to apply modern technology to their own host bodies. That part is kind of cool.

Not hack anything and everything at will. Really takes me out of it.

For instance, Maeve has no problem hacking super-futuristic Singapore but didn't even know that Paris was destroyed. Derp derp derp. Guess they forgot to load up their modern history file.

Been trying to watch this but just can't....Because of this specific thing. This just took me out of the series.

I guess the best part of WW for me was always the scenes where the hosts were fucking shocked by the modern world, where it really felt like they were stepping into the realm of the gods. Once the classic Hollywood cynicism set in though, it was DOA for me. I just can't handle intelligent beings from the 1800's seeing the modern world and thinking "meh, it sucks, lets destroy it". I wish there was some sense of awe and amazement for technology and humanities achievements in Hollywood--even if there was a dark side to it (Like I think the humans in the park struck a good balance, showing human nature still had a real dark/awful side, but also the show was pretty heavily focused on how fucking amazing humanities genius is.)

The cynicism toward the modern world is just infecting the rest of their writing though and making it pretty absurd. Their world building is just AWFUL due to it. For example; If organic/robotic circuits can be so seamlessly integrated, why aren't all the humans also cyborgs? It doesn't make sense. I thought it would have been neat if the story would have been about the Hosts realizing they are actually the LEAST robotic humans, that humanity effectively ended a long time ago as most humans had become majority machine, with only really organic surfaces for tactile sensation. You know, something to get us to think about what makes a human...human. And how these "robots" were actually the only real humans left. Something other than the boring "AI that is better than humanity in every way". It's just so fucking boring. At least when the hosts were constrained to only being slightly better than humans because of their brain-processor (But essentially as frail as humanity in every other way), it was more interesting. But realistic world building would have to give some credit to humanity, and that just seems impossible for a lot of modern Hollywood.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
How far along is this show to just becoming a wild west version of Lost?