Westworld

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It seriously undermines the series if the hosts instantly become super hackers the moment they step outside of Westworld and into the human world.

I really liked how they were AIs that became sapient in completely controlled environments and thought they were from the 19th century Wild West. Delores should be bewildered by modern human society and technology. They are machines yes. But they were never in total control of robotics they were never like living code if you will. That is beyond the nature of their existence. But they could reasonably learn to apply modern technology to their own host bodies. That part is kind of cool.

Not hack anything and everything at will. Really takes me out of it.

For instance, Maeve has no problem hacking super-futuristic Singapore but didn't even know that Paris was destroyed. Derp derp derp. Guess they forgot to load up their modern history file.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really liked how they were AIs that became sapient in completely controlled environments and thought they were from the 19th century Wild West. Delores should be bewildered by modern human society and technology. They are machines yes. But they were never in total control of robotics they were never like living code if you will. That is beyond the nature of their existence. But they could reasonably learn to apply modern technology to their own host bodies. That part is kind of cool.

Yep, that actually could have been a pretty interesting aspect to explore. Instead, they don't miss a beat, and act like they've been operating in this world their entire existence.

And all we get is a random quip here and there about how they're surprised about human society...although their actions and behavior don't really indicate that at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know it probably sounds like I'm just looking for things to complain about...but another thing that popped into my head.

So are we to believe that within 1-3 months, Dolores established the Shogun World host as a Japanese Yakuza heavyweight in the real world? It would make sense if the real mob boss were a customer of Westworld, and she took his data and made of a host of him...but he physically looks like the Shogun World host...so that doesn't seem to be the case.

It just doesn't make any sense when you start to unravel it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Actually wasn't familiar with the original, but enjoyed the orchestral version.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I know it probably sounds like I'm just looking for things to complain about...but another thing that popped into my head.

So are we to believe that within 1-3 months, Dolores established the Shogun World host as a Japanese Yakuza heavyweight in the real world? It would make sense if the real mob boss were a customer of Westworld, and she took his data and made of a host of him...but he physically looks like the Shogun World host...so that doesn't seem to be the case.

I put season 2 out of my mind. Season 3 is Season 2 to me.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Be even more honest with your thinking, the writers 100% at the end of the season 2 through the start of season 3 had planned for different hosts. Then they got to the MIB episode and one person was like "hey i got an idea for a mindfuck, let's make her Dolores" and then another went "what if they were all Dolores"

So then the japanese actor had to learn a couple Dolores behavioral ticks and the whole season swerved off.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Stubbs being an AI might have been the dumbest fucking thing in television history. Stubbs and Bernard working together as Stubbs as a human is way more intriguing. Especially going up against Pinkman and Delores.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

We have multiple timelines and multiple worlds.

The most nonsensical part of that scene, to me, was how Maeve was "killed." Musashi-san didn't decapitate her or rip out the mindball. Maeve can't be stopped with a thrust into center mass.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

There are plenty of dumb things on this show to complain about, but this was explained in the episode. It has been 3 months since the end of season 2. The Mortician explained when they showed up how the new boss showed up, killed a bunch of guys and took over. So in short, yes.

spronk

FPS noob
It really feels like there is a season or two missing where Westworld hosts learn about the real world, how to go beyond their programming, and we see the human world where they are all assholes and fuckwits who deserve to get wiped out while also seeing what the apparent super AI is doing.

Enjoying it so far but really I can't even begin to understand what exactly Dolores goals and plans are. It doesn't help the post credit scene for season 2 finale of Westworld was showing that William was living in a simulation, presumably hundreds of years in the future, and that maybe the AIs needed him for some bizarre reason.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Stubbs should be the best suited to the real world as he is a sapient host who never thought he was living in the wild west and shit.

Where's Bernard and Stubbs' super hacking powers?

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I thought Deleros planned to exterminate the human race. I'm assuming she wants to take out the AI to cause chaos then mop up with her robo army.

Alternatively she wants to control the AI to destroy the human race.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The writers are just too clever in their own mind. It’s like the writers of Lost.

People watching: “Oh neat this show might end up with them in purgatory”
Writers: “No, we totally have an awesome ending”
People watching: “It’s okay it could be purgatory”
Writers: “Would a show about purgatory have puzzles you need to freeze frame to solve?”

Last episode airs

People watching: “Soooo, umm yeah ....”
Writers: “Writing strike got us, it was purgatory”

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
I thought Deleros planned to exterminate the human race. I'm assuming she wants to take out the AI to cause chaos then mop up with her robo army.

I would be super disappointed if thats her goal, because there are far simpler ways it would seem to execute that plan. I mean Terminator is the blueprint - get in the command and control of the military, do a fake nukeout between USA and Russia/China, global thermonuclear war problem solved. Covid19/12 Monkeys is another great example, any AI should be able to build out a couple dozen viruses that kill 99% of humanity rapidly and all you'd need is a year or two of solo biochemistry study and then a simple replication lab. Dolores should be digitizing her conciousness and uploading it to every datacenter on the planet if she just wants to exterminate all humans.

The shit Dolores is doing between stealing money from rando wealthy people, trying to take over Delos corporation, fighting some psuedo-benevolent (but maybe evil) AI, enlisting Jesse as her companion in global Marxist revolution, and having some Yakuza henchman in Singapore is wildly overcomplicated and ludicrous if the plan is to wipe out humans.

It was also weird hearing that Paris is nuked (terrorism?) but LA somehow looks exactly the same as it does now. The show is pretty inconsistent in how it wants the future to be seen, bouncing between Star Trek post-scarcity (season 1 alluded to it with "people come to Westworld because there is nothing to strive for in the real world anymore") and the future is just like modern times except more augmented reality games that are weirdly like GTA missions.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nightfox made Maeve's body but didn't give it super badass frame design, she was also deactivated until being brought back online in Singapore and you're complaining she didn't make a Paris history lookup in the first 30 seconds.

Bernard can hack car services with a tablet, Dolores can hack home security and has the advantage of time and prep but she's still a step down from Maeve's real-time ability. Similar to Maeve, Bernard was also brought back by Dolores so making him be on her level isn't advantageous. But he has a button!

If we're going to argue over minor details let's start with hookers for rent being "up to date on their shots" when it's the future and they should have perfect 10 body remodeling yet that's the best they were offering.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I would be super disappointed if thats her goal, because there are far simpler ways it would seem to execute that plan. I mean Terminator is the blueprint - get in the command and control of the military, do a fake nukeout between USA and Russia/China, global thermonuclear war problem solved. Covid19/12 Monkeys is another great example, any AI should be able to build out a couple dozen viruses that kill 99% of humanity rapidly and all you'd need is a year or two of solo biochemistry study and then a simple replication lab. Dolores should be digitizing her conciousness and uploading it to every datacenter on the planet if she just wants to exterminate all humans.

I chalk this up to her thinking like a hominid. She even says to herself this other person is the only person she can trust. Look at how disjointed they get in a body they don't see as "theirs". She might be code but she clearly doesn't see herself that way.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
For instance, Maeve has no problem hacking super-futuristic Singapore but didn't even know that Paris was destroyed. Derp derp derp. Guess they forgot to load up their modern history file.

Wasn't the whole point of west world to make like the perfect AI? Then we find they already had perfecter AI outside. I mean, the show right now feels so dumb its actually making the previous seasons worse. Also, was that an ass double for delores on her bike? Didn't look like the man plate I expected her to have and she had a helmet on.

Everything about this show just feels like writing soup. Second season was such hot garbage that this is a step up so far, though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Yes and this real humanity guiding AI is more like a living computer application. It's inscrutable and mysterious. It doesn't care about stealing money and corporate takeovers. You can't talk to it like you can a person. It doesn't interact that way.

Delores and the hosts are completely the opposite.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nightfox made Maeve's body but didn't give it super badass frame design, she was also deactivated until being brought back online in Singapore and you're complaining she didn't make a Paris history lookup in the first 30 seconds.

Bernard can hack car services with a tablet, Dolores can hack home security and has the advantage of time and prep but she's still a step down from Maeve's real-time ability. Similar to Maeve, Bernard was also brought back by Dolores so making him be on her level isn't advantageous. But he has a button!

If we're going to argue over minor details let's start with hookers for rent being "up to date on their shots" when it's the future and they should have perfect 10 body remodeling yet that's the best they were offering.

Delores and friends were also built with a 30 year old host making machine that Arnold, who's been dead for 30 years or whatever, had in the basement of his old house. That was still there so long after his death. Now that French guy found it any damage to their host bodies should be irreplaceable.

But I'm sure we'll avoid that for plot convenience.

Remember how in season one they found Ford's lab making off the books hosts? Yeah me neither.